X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live - Q&A with Bruce Kulick - 5/11/10

Originally posted by Petrovsk Mizinski View Post
    Is there any modern artists/bands who have really caught your attention that you've been listening too lately?
    I think MUSE is very creative. Wolfmother is cool as well. Black Bonzo from Sweden is very interesting.

Comment

Hi Bruce, thanks for taking time to be here.

What/who first inspired you to start playing guitar and how old were you when you started playing. Thx in advance.
      ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Bruce -

1) When you play GFR riffs, do you ever have a hard time keeping your big brass ones in your fruit-of-the-looms?

2) What influences you and your playing more: the bands you play in, or the bands you listen-to-and-don't-play-in?

Thanks,
        Hunter
        my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Welcome and thanks for joining us!

Have you had to expand your guitar vocabulary to work with the very diverse artists in your resume or did you have to reign in your playing for certain situations?
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

thanks for doing this

were you a big kiss fan growing up? what was it like being in one of the most famous bands to ever take the stage? how much liberty did you take with your parts? no offense to ace, but you have chops that he never did.

Comment

Originally posted by texasguitarslinger View Post
              Hi Bruce, thanks for taking time to be here.

What/who first inspired you to start playing guitar and how old were you when you started playing. Thx in advance.
              First The Beatles, but more importantly Eric Clapton, and Jimi Hendrix.
              Jimmy Page as well... those were the big influences. I would say I started learning at 10 or 11 years old.

Comment

Bruce, do you feel your guitar enables you to express yourself in a way that would be hard to do just using words?

"Music is what feelings sound like".

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                  Bruce, do you feel your guitar enables you to express yourself in a way that would be hard to do just using words?

"Music is what feelings sound like".
                  I admit, I am kind of emotional as a person, and playing guitar is a way to express some emotions etc.. hard to explain but I do feel like I speak through my guitar.

Comment

(I only get one question right?)

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                      Bruce -

1) When you play GFR riffs, do you ever have a hard time keeping your big brass ones in your fruit-of-the-looms?

2) What influences you and your playing more: the bands you play in, or the bands you listen-to-and-don't-play-in?

Thanks,
                      Hunter
                      LOL! I think I like to play with my brass ones, no matter who I perform with!
                      I play what I hear in my head, but I do know how to adapt to what the songs, and the band needs... Jazzy stuff isn't for KISS you know, but I have a few of those riffs if I need to go there.

Comment

If that is true I asked two (whoops!). I actually have another one if I'm allowed.
                        Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

with your photo, more questions are allowed! and I do love Puerto Rico!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kulick View Post
                            LOL! I think I like to play with my brass ones, no matter who I perform with!
                            I play what I hear in my head, but I do know how to adapt to what the songs, and the band needs... Jazzy stuff isn't for KISS you know, but I have a few of those riffs if I need to go there.
                            my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

I'm relieved to know that we're on the same side of the dogs/cats debate. I don't trust cat people at all.

Anyway, if we're allowed more than one question...You've worked with an impressive and very talented bunch of artists over the years. Who do you think you had the best chemistry with? I don't mean who was the nicest guy to hang out with, I mean who do you think really inspired you and brought out the best playing from you?

Thanks for doing this, by the way.
                              I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Hey Bruce! Thanks for stopping by. This is really cool so far.

When you're playing a gig, how much of your energy/mind is focused on your playing, and how much is on other things, like your physical stage presence, the audience, the other musicians, etc.?
                                Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                                Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                                Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Working...
                                X