banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well LXXXX: To Nothingness and beyond!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well LXXXX: To Nothingness and beyond!

do you think anybody still takes black metal seriously?
    Originally posted by Gearjoneser
    Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Believe me, yes they do.

There's this one band here in Toronto called Eclipse Eternal. on a personal level, they're all pretty cool people to hang out with/talk with. but the band sucks. They over do the black metal theatrics and come across as caring more about their image than their music (which honestly isn't that good). Funny story about the singer, once he applied to become a member of the Church of Satan. Apparently you have to write an essay explaining your beliefs/philosophy on life etc. He deified Satan way too much and was rejected from the Church of Satan. Hilarious when you consider his corpse paint looks like this:

yeeeeeah...

I like black metal and all, but some bands are just retarded about it. Some fans too. Also, just for fun, here's an interview with Gaahl from Gorgoroth:

Comment

What was your first guitar? O.o and do you still have it?
        88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
        Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
        Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
        Vox NightTrain 50.
        My Band

Comment

my first guitar ever was an Aria Classical guitar. beautiful guitar. Unfortunately it took a tumble down a flight of stairs one day and kinda made it un-beautiful.

I still have my 2nd and 3rd guitars though, the Fender MIJ 62 RI strat, and the Yamaha FG411 acoustic

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
            Funny story about the singer, once he applied to become a member of the Church of Satan. Apparently you have to write an essay explaining your beliefs/philosophy on life etc. He deified Satan way too much and was rejected from the Church of Satan.

Bit of a waste of time applying for something when you clearly don't understand what it's all about. No wonder he was rejected, he clearly saw it as some kinda "cool club" to join without understanding what it was actually all about. Your idea that he sees his image as all important must be close to the mark.

Anyway, to the question:

Is that corpsepaint for real or do you do it as a joke?

For some reason that photo of you reminds me of a surprised Joey Belladonna.
            Last edited by Diocletian; 05-15-2010, 01:35 PM.

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

I just clicked on your Myspace. Listening to the first song there "The Trapper".
              I'm blown away. This is freakin' awesome. I'm not the biggest black metal fan around, I like Darkthrone, Gorgoroth, Burzum, Enslaved - the usual suspects. But I'm more of a DM man.

I gotta say I'm LOVING this song though. I'm gonna dig into the rest of your stuff!

I see on your page Deicide, Marduk and Vader are doing a show together too. Man that would be incredible. Three of the best extreme metal bands around!

Comment

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
                Bit of a waste of time applying for something when you clearly don't understand what it's all about. No wonder he was rejected, he clearly saw it as some kinda "cool club" to join without understanding what it was actually all about. Your idea that he sees his image as all important must be close to the mark.

Anyway, to the question:

Is that corpsepaint for real or do you do it as a joke?

For some reason that photo of you reminds me of a surprised Joey Belladonna.
                lol that corpse paint pic is from my joke black metal band, Detsorgsekalf. link: http://www.myspace.com/detsorgsekalf
                it's Frosted Flakes spelled backwards with the F in frosted changed to a G.

We don't play very often, we practice very rarely, but for some odd reason we have some notoriety due to this video we shot:

ICS Vortex even ordered a shirt from us recently bahaaha

Will of the Ancients used to wear corpse paint aaaaaaaages ago when they were more black metal than epic melodic stuff, but those days are long passed.

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
                I just clicked on your Myspace. Listening to the first song there "The Trapper".
                I'm blown away. This is freakin' awesome. I'm not the biggest black metal fan around, I like Darkthrone, Gorgoroth, Burzum, Enslaved - the usual suspects. But I'm more of a DM man.

I gotta say I'm LOVING this song though. I'm gonna dig into the rest of your stuff!

I see on your page Deicide, Marduk and Vader are doing a show together too. Man that would be incredible. Three of the best extreme metal bands around!
                Glad you like it! We've been working pretty hard on this new album and it's coming together quite nicely! Also vader is awesome! Not too big on Deicide and Marduk though. Although I do like Benton-era Vital Remains

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
                  lol that corpse paint pic is from my joke black metal band, Detsorgsekalf. link: http://www.myspace.com/detsorgsekalf
                  it's Frosted Flakes spelled backwards with the F in frosted changed to a G.

We don't play very often, we practice very rarely, but for some odd reason we have some notoriety due to this video we shot:

ICS Vortex even ordered a shirt from us recently bahaaha

Will of the Ancients used to wear corpse paint aaaaaaaages ago when they were more black metal than epic melodic stuff, but those days are long passed.

Glad you like it! We've been working pretty hard on this new album and it's coming together quite nicely! Also vader is awesome! Not too big on Deicide and Marduk though. Although I do like Benton-era Vital Remains
                  You don't like Marduk? Well, that surprises me, have you heard their more recent stuff?

Comment

I don't dislike them, they just don't do much for me. haven't been paying much attention to them recently though.

Comment

My first electric was an Aria. We get it.

Describe the reason behind your username.

Comment

no mystery or story behind it really, just one of my favourite songs by one of my favourite bands (Enslaved):

Comment

Which would you rather have - Gonorrhea or Syphilis? You get to get to get it from whomever you want though. And who would you get it from?
                          Custom neck-thru strat
                          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                          1995 PRS CE24
                          D'avanzo #8
                          Breedlove Solo Concert
                          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I think I'd rather pick Gonorrhea. I'd rather have some pain and pus than huge lesions on my johnson.

As for who I'd get it from, it'd have to be someone worth getting gonorrhea from: I'm going with Christina Hendricks

Comment

Which of Nostradamus' quatraine's is your favourite? Least favourite?
                              " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Recommend me a good book. I'm not fussy about genre.
                                I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Working...
                                X