banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well LXXXX: To Nothingness and beyond!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well LXXXX: To Nothingness and beyond!

Originally posted by bluesbend View Post
    Which of Nostradamus' quatraine's is your favourite? Least favourite?
    Bwa?!

Originally posted by Kam View Post
    Recommend me a good book. I'm not fussy about genre.
    Anything by my favourite author duo, Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child, in particular Relic, and also Brimstone. It's sorta spooky mystery thriller fiction. Extremely well written, really grips you.

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
      I can also play the didgeridoo and can circular breathe not completely amateurish, but I'm not very good unfortunately. A friend of mine in university played it, and I was so captivated by the instrument i demanded he teach me how to play. I can now use didgeridoo techniques on any long cylindrical tube, from cardboard paper towel tubes, to poster tubes, to PVC pipe. sounds hilarious when it's not coming from an actual didgeridoo!
      that's interesting, i didn't think many people outside australia would be interested in it, especially to the point of circular breathing.

thought about incorporating that into something doomy? have you heard any of the electronic stuff that people have used it in? it's pretty hit or miss IMO

Comment

I have heard a bunch of electronica that involves didge and various other instruments, most recently I heard a band that plays it with sitar! sounds fantastic since they both have a drone pitch.

Truth be told, I'm not the biggest fan of Doom. I find it boring. Once, several years back, there was this festival in toronto called Northern Lights metal fest. the first year it started it was only black metal, the 2nd year saw some more variation in the lineup. the second year, a band called Morgion played. 4-piece funeral doom/death band from the states. I was literally falling asleep during their set. I got so tired and was not even paying attention to them, so I decided my time would be better spent going and getting some ice cream instead. yep. that was the one and only time that ice cream was better than live music.

That said, I've had a few jams with some friends in Kitchener/Waterloo (about an hour or so from Toronto, where I went to university) which involved didgeridoo, guitar, hand drums, synthesizers, and freestyle vocalizing (not really singing), which was very cool. Very much outside my normal circle of music creation, but it ended up being more like a jam band thing. we'd just do a single continuous jam for like an hour and a half, then stop, think of something else to do, and of course the thinking got to be too much. there were way too many musicians and too many different styles of instrumentation to actually do anything except jam. Still, I liked that I was able to do that. Metalheads don't do psychedelic-esque jams lol.
        Last edited by CTN; 05-16-2010, 10:18 PM.

Comment

no questions today? come on you saps, ask me something controversial and exciting!

Comment

haha, i never put two and two together with your name and the enslaved song. i'll be damned.

what is your favorite enslaved song & album?
            Originally posted by Aceman
            It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Is it better to burn out or fade away?

What's the most frightened you've ever been?

What one thing would you change about yourself (physical or mental)?

Death before dishonour?

Who's your role-model?

How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't live there?

If you could kill and eat one mythological creature what would it be? (By the way, I asked Desert this question and his answer was awesome.)

Hottest cartoon character?

Describe your favourite piece of clothing. (Doesn't have to be something you yourself wear).

What one item are you the most sentimentally attached to and why?
              I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                haha, i never put two and two together with your name and the enslaved song. i'll be damned.

what is your favorite enslaved song & album?
                Song: 793 (Slaget Om Lindisfarne), made even better by the fact that I visited the island of Lindisfarne, learned about the viking invasions there, and even bought a bottle of the famous Lindisfarne abbey mead!

Album: a toss up between Mardraum and Isa. Mardraum for it's killer riffs and progressive flourishes interspersed, and Isa because it's Black Metal Pink Floyd. (Incidentally, Pink Floyd is one of my favourite bands of all time)

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                  Is it better to burn out or fade away?
                  Burn out, definitely. fading away is boring. I'd rather go out in a blaze of glory, or die in glorious combat.

What's the most frightened you've ever been?
                  A few years back, I was having a weird dream about myself and some friends, trekking through a pretty bleak and depressing mountainous landscape, treacherous cliffs, sheer drops, etc. It was evening, the light was fading. Twilight struck, and the sky turned a pretty vibrant shade of red. I found myself making my way across a pretty sharp turn on a narrow mountain pass, sheer drops all around me. I have no idea how or why, but right at that moment, I partially awoke. I say partially because I was fully conscious of what was happening to me yet I wasn't quite awake enough to well..be awake. I was aware that I was lying in bed, and the dream had ceased, but I had a sensation of an indescribable darkness overwhelming me. It was heavy, dark, black, completely enveloping, suffocating, if you will. To this day I do not know what it was, but I definitely knew, and could feel, the evil that this darkness embodied. I could feel it move gradually upwards from my feet, up my legs, started taking hold of my arms and my stomach. By this time, I was terrified. It gripped me so completely, and I had no idea what to do. It was the only time in my life to this point that I feared for my life. I began praying. When I did, it stopped moving, and gradually was pushed backwards until I could feel it no more. By that time I was in a cold sweat, and I couldn't go back to sleep even though it was 5:30 am. I believe there is an afterlife, I do to a certain extent believe in a spiritual plane of existence, and for lack of a better way of rationalizing it to myself, I think it was an evil spirit of some sort. *shrug*

What one thing would you change about yourself (physical or mental)?
                  Need to lose about 25 lbs or so to get to the weight I wanna be at. aside from that, it'd be nice to be about 4 or 5" taller. Also I'm a bit of a procrastinator sometimes. I guess I can't pin it down to just one.

Death before dishonour?
                  Yes. This is the way of the warrior.

Who's your role-model?
                  I guess my dad, to a certain extent. I really admire him for his ability to cut through any problem, to think and plan things through to the tiniest detail, and to be passionately obsessed about a problem until he solves it. There are also parts I greatly dislike about him, but hey, nobody's perfect.

How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't live there?
                  Whoa, whoa, whoa, are you saying sponges keep the ocean from being deeper?! I thought it was just the limits of tectonic plates! Great Scott man! Do you realize this changes EVERYTHING?!?! Science is wrong! The apocalypse is coming! REPENT! *ahem*

I'm guessing it wouldn't be any deeper than it is already.

If you could kill and eat one mythological creature what would it be? (By the way, I asked Desert this question and his answer was awesome.)
                  Not Medusa: Cannibalism is weird, and snakes taste like Chicken apparently.
                  Not Chimera: What's more likely, you eat the lion, or the lion eats you?
                  Not Cyclops: Mutant cannibalism is even more weird!
                  Not Centaurs: cannibalism again, and plus, I'm kinda weirded out a little bit by eating horses.
                  Probably Minotaur: GIANT COW!!! GIANT STEAK!!! Banquet lasts like a week straight + leftovers!

That said, I am not above eating anything. I will try anything once. I've eaten sheep's brain curry, and it was fantastic! And if given the opportunity, and it wasn't someone I personally knew, and was guaranteed to be healthy and free of any diseases or contamination or anything like that, yes, I would try human flesh. (also has to be cooked well).

Hottest cartoon character?
                  Call me crazy, I'm gonna say Lois Griffin. She's a total minx.

Describe your favourite piece of clothing. (Doesn't have to be something you yourself wear).
                  Loose-ish, super worn in jeans. They're almost better than PJs.

What one item are you the most sentimentally attached to and why?
                  There are few things I think I'm really really attached to, but I think one of them is definitely the Blue Bastard, the guitar I designed and built when I was still in high school. It's not perfect, and there are glaring mistakes that I made during its construction that any avid guitarist or serious luthier would be able to spot quite easily, but since I invested so much time, effort, research, blood, and sweat into that project, it's kinda a part of me. It's also the thing that for me, marks the beginning of what I'm pretty sure will be a lifelong obsession with guitars. After learning what I needed to to build it and get it to the point that I was happy with it, well...some of my friends tell me I know too much about guitars.

Comment

And if given the opportunity, and it wasn't someone I personally knew, and was guaranteed to be healthy and free of any diseases or contamination or anything like that, yes, I would try human flesh.
                    do you prefer to eat the rude (wherever possible)?

Comment

Originally posted by dr. ad View Post
                      do you prefer to eat the rude (wherever possible)?
                      the rude?! no idea what you're talking about man.

Originally posted by grumptruck
                      Favorite superhero and why?
                      I think the whole concept of superheros is kinda lame, but if anyone, Wolverine from the actual comics. Just cuz he's more badass than any other super hero.

Favorite pickups and why?
                      Don't have a favourite yet. I'm still learning what they all do. Of what I have though, I think it might be the Super Distortion.

Trey Azagthoth?
                      YEAH!

Djents or Chugs?
                      What's a Djent? Chugs I like though.

Comment

Originally posted by grumptruck
                        What is your opinion of Bulb and his new album?
                        haven't heard a whole album....only seen youtube vids of this "bulb" fellow... I'm guessing from Periphery?

pretty crazy guitarist, reminds me of Meshuggah's guitar style, mixed with Gorguts and Martyr. Also he has great tone IMO.

Top ten forum members you'd like to have a burger and fries with?
                        and beer!

Lucid
                        I6 so I can make fun of his Mayer-loving ways
                        Astro
                        JohnJohn
                        ex-250
                        dominus
                        Diocletian
                        ratherdashing
                        Aceman
                        Evan Skopp
                        Frank Falbo

Comment

yay i'm special!

Originally posted by Aceman
                          It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                            yay i'm special!

that's not a question!

Comment

the rude?! no idea what you're talking about man.
                              free-range rude..?

Comment

human brain? I guess I'd try it. same stipulations I mentioned before of course.

Really I'm pretty adventurous with food. I'll try anything at least once before making up my mind about something that I dislike.

speaking of dislike, I LOATHE celery. It is the most vile, disgusting, pitiful excuse for a vegetable on the face of the planet, it is the devil incarnated in a vegetable, it represents all that is wrong on this good Earth, and should be exterminated with malevolent speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X