banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

ConvoysToNothingness told me that it was my turn to do this.

Shall we begin?

(Points go to people that can name the two metal references here.)

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
    @ArizonaVoters

Re: The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

How do you find the Spring weather in Michigan?

Who are your favorite band?

Coffee or tea?

Beer or whiskey?

Which one of those guitars is your favorite?
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Why no tone control?
      " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
        How do you find the Spring weather in Michigan?
        Who are your favorite band?
        Coffee or tea?
        Beer or whiskey?
        Which one of those guitars is your favorite?

Spring weather in SE Michigan is all over the place. Most years we get one last snow in the beginning of April, this year we got skipped, it was 80 degrees instead. Last week we had a few days of it barely hitting the 50s, we're at mid-upper 80s this week. I stay inside most of the time anyway.

Anthrax, although that could change soon. I've been a fan since 88, but liked John Bush's vocals better. The way they kept screwing him over was criminal. The next album has to be so f-ing good to renew themselves, and I doubt they have it in them. It's like they used all the good riffs on the S.O.D. projects, and of course, we can kiss them goodbye as well because of vocalist issues.

Tea. Can't stand coffee.

Beer. Can't stand whiskey.

My favorite guitar is the one that is in my hands at the time. I could probably rate a top 5 out of them all, but that could change as I keep adding new ones. I really like the Steve Morse bridge in the white Telecaster, the Andy Timmons bridge in the Red Strat, the D-Sonic in the Purple Strat... Oddly enough, I like the pickups, but not the endorsee players. I also like the EMG 81 and SD Blackout Metal equipped Strats. The next one will probably get an EMG 85.

Twitter:
        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Do you plan on keeping every guitar that you build?

Would you rather have one near-perfect, custom built, anything goes, money is no object guitar or do you enjoy the army of home brew axes you have accumulated?

Is it gooey in a kangaroo pouch?
          Beer me!
          Originally posted by Kam
          ...This machine runs on pr0n.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbend View Post
            Why no tone control?
            The only time I used the tone (and volume controls) was to make sure that they were turned all the way up. When I found out that removing them was like making them turned up to 11 permanently, I had to go for it.

Twitter:
            @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
              (Points go to people that can name the two metal references here.)
              Judas Priest - Exciter
              and
              Metallica - Phantom Lord
              Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Originally posted by woemoejack View Post
                Do you plan on keeping every guitar that you build?
                Probably. I am planning on moving though across the country, so it may be a pain to move them all. I might sell them, and then rebuild them after I move.

Would you rather have one near-perfect, custom built, anything goes, money is no object guitar or do you enjoy the army of home brew axes you have accumulated?
                I think everyone knows the answer to this one. I have yet to find a guitar that's the be all, end all guitar. I'd rather have a bunch of 95% there guitars rather than trying to find the one guitar that does everything. I've been messing around with guitars since I was 14, and it's much easier to unplug one and plug another one in when you want something different.

Is it gooey in a kangaroo pouch?
                From what I've seen in cartoons, yes.

Twitter:
                @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by cvansickle View Post
                  Judas Priest - Exciter
                  and
                  Metallica - Phantom Lord
                  Correct on the Metallica one.

Where's the Exciter reference?

Twitter:
                  @ArizonaVoters

Comment

What do you consider the best use of ear wax to be?
                    " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbend View Post
                      What do you consider the best use of ear wax to be?
                      Keeps the people that work in the cotton swab industry employed. No better tool for removal in my mind.

Twitter:
                      @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Correct on the Metallica one.

Where's the Exciter reference?

"Fall to your knees and repent if you please."

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
                          "Fall to your knees and repent if you please."
                          Ahh. Not really a Judas Priest fan, only heard the original once, heard the SYL cover a few times, but usually skipped that track.

No, the title was all Metallica. The other reference was in the text of the first post. It's a little more subtle.

Twitter:
                          @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Ahh. Not really a Judas Priest fan, only heard the original once, heard the SYL cover a few times, but usually skipped that track.

No, the title was all Metallica. The other reference was in the text of the first post. It's a little more subtle.
                            Convoys to Nothingness is an Enslaved song? No idea, I thought of WASP at first, but I don't really know why.

Here's my question: Why aren't you a Priest fan? Don't you know how awesome they are? Listen to the Sad Wings of Destiny album, you know you want to.

Here's another: Do you think you'll ever start to outgrow your guitars? (I ask because I've outgrown Vs and Rhoads type guitars in favour of less overtly "metal" ones).

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

When did you stop beating your wife?

Comment

Working...
                              X