Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

Default Re: The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

seriously though, What's your stance on filesharing, albums being leaked before their release date, and people being able to download albums free of charge?

Master of his Domain Agileguy_101's Avatar

Default Re: The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

What's the most you've ever paid for one guitar?
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

What would you say is your primary motivation for making so many guitars? Is it the myriad of tonal options, or the fun of making them?? Or something completely different??
    Ministers and superstars
    are drinking champagne in their cars
    6 strings on a 12 guitar
    all my dreams are made of stars
    and the rock and roll still burns in me

King Midas to Cheap Guitars dominus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
    WRONG ANSWER!!! It was a trick question!

LEMMY IS GOD!!!! (had you ever watched Airheads, you would know this)
    Oops. Never watched Airheads.
    "Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." Isaiah 13:16

"Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." Numbers 31:17-18

Want to trade? You go first. I've got over 15,000 feedback as a seller on eBay.

seriously though, What's your stance on filesharing, albums being leaked before their release date, and people being able to download albums free of charge?
    That's always a tricky situation.

My thoughts are - it's fine to download stuff to listen to, but if you like it, buy the album and support the artist.

I've found plenty of great bands that way, and then hit Amazon or The End Records to buy them.

Or, 20 seconds into the first song it gets tossed in the recycle bin, and I've saved myself $12.

That said, I really miss Mininova. They had a really good sorting system by genre, and I could weed out most stuff that I wouldn't want to download and recycle.
    "Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." Isaiah 13:16

"Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." Numbers 31:17-18

Quote Originally Posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
    What's the most you've ever paid for one guitar?
    I owned a Schecter A7+ and CB-2000 when they first came out, those were in the $500 range new.

Everything else, I bought used, or they were the cheapest models around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingrel View Post
    What would you say is your primary motivation for making so many guitars? Is it the myriad of tonal options, or the fun of making them?? Or something completely different??
    It's a combination of both. Granted, there aren't really that many "tonal options" with the way I wire them, but they all sound good for what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    It's a combination of both. Granted, there aren't really that many "tonal options" with the way I wire them, but they all sound good for what I need.
    I meant the different tones of the different pickups
    Ministers and superstars
    are drinking champagne in their cars
    6 strings on a 12 guitar
    all my dreams are made of stars
    and the rock and roll still burns in me

Quote Originally Posted by Gingrel View Post
    I meant the different tones of the different pickups
    Typically I go through all the presets I've programmed into my Tonelab.. some guitars will sound good for speed metal, some for death metal, some for industrial.. some for solos. There's different nuances for each pickup that I've found. Granted, all the pickups will cover any type of music, but when I get around to recording, I'll go through all of them and figure out which ones I want to use on which styles.

Ultimate Tone Slacker dmandude123455's Avatar

Flying T-Rex with Sunglasses

OR

Battle Ostridge with a samurai sword

O.o
    88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
    Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
    Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
    Vox NightTrain 50.
    My Band

What is important to you in life?

Do you ever wish that Wile E Coyote would just catch and destroy that little ****ing speedy ****?
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Quote Originally Posted by dmandude123455 View Post
    Flying T-Rex with Sunglasses

OR

Battle Ostridge with a samurai sword

O.o
    Many many hours spent playing Joust on the Atari 2600 when I was younger, gonna have to go with:

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    Do you ever wish that Wile E Coyote would just catch and destroy that little ****ing speedy ****?
    At times. He tried so hard, spent so much time on his plans, just felt sorry for his poor luck.

What is important to you in life?
    Life itself. Family, friends, music. I'm pretty easy going most of the time.

Lovely BIG Starologist bluesbend's Avatar

What's your position on threesome's?
    " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbend View Post
    What's your position on threesome's?
    If I'm involved, two girls and a guy. If I'm watching.. three girls. If I'm not involved, whatever floats your boat.

"Two girl's and a guy", and you?
    " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Have you broken any bones that weren't you own?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbend View Post
    "Two girl's and a guy", and you?
    That wouldn't be a threesome now, would it?