banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
    Convoys to Nothingness is an Enslaved song? No idea, I thought of WASP at first, but I don't really know why.
    Nope, it's more subtle than that.
    Here's my question: Why aren't you a Priest fan? Don't you know how awesome they are? Listen to the Sad Wings of Destiny album, you know you want to.
    I don't really like Halford's voice. One of the reasons I prefer John Bush to Joey Belladonna. It's why I never really cared for Overkill, and can only take Iron Maiden in small doses.. and I absolutely despise King Diamond. I just prefer deeper sounding vocalists.

Here's another: Do you think you'll ever start to outgrow your guitars? (I ask because I've outgrown Vs and Rhoads type guitars in favour of less overtly "metal" ones).
    I used to play only BC Rich guitars. I still have a Virgin, Warlock, and an Avenge/SoB. I've found that I prefer comfort over looks these days.. so I leave the eye appeal to the colors instead of the pointy-ness.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
    @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
      I think everyone knows the answer to this one. I have yet to find a guitar that's the be all, end all guitar. I'd rather have a bunch of 95% there guitars rather than trying to find the one guitar that does everything. I've been messing around with guitars since I was 14, and it's much easier to unplug one and plug another one in when you want something different.
      But your guitars aren't different. They're all the same. That is why we all think you are a crazy person.

But I digress; I don't actually have a problem with it, and it wouldn't matter a lick if I did, so here's another honest question:

What in the HELL do you find NOT to like about Andy Timmons?????

-Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
        What in the HELL do you find NOT to like about Andy Timmons?????

When I first saw the pickup on Dimarzio's webpage, I had to look him up to see who he was.

Yeah, I didn't care for his band back when I was 11 either. Great pickup though.

Twitter:
        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

But your guitars aren't different. They're all the same. That is why we all think you are a crazy person.
          I'm the guy that can hear people across the street talking from inside my house with the doors and windows shut.. I can hear the UPS truck down the street, knowing that I'll have a delivery soon. I can hear pick noise on most professionally recorded albums.. and I can hear the differences between the pickups.

Twitter:
          @ArizonaVoters

Comment

When I first saw the pickup on Dimarzio's webpage, I had to look him up to see who he was.

Yeah, I didn't care for his band back when I was 11 either. Great pickup though.
            Eh, screw his old band. I don't even remember who they were.

I'm talking about his new music - the solo instrumental stuff he's doing now with his new band. It's as good as anything Satch or Vai have done in a decade.
            -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by grumptruck
              Who's death affected you more? Dimebag or Dio?
              Dimebag. Wasn't really that much of a fan of Damageplan, but I did like Pantera quite a bit back in High School, and met them my junior year. I did have Last In Line on tape when I was in grade school (bought it in 6th or 7th grade), but just didn't care for it. (I think the album cover made it look heavier than it would be. ) I always thought of Ozzy as Black Sabbath's singer. Face it, Dio sang on two studio albums, and was a member for about 3 or 4 years. Ozzy was with them for 10 years, and sang on their best albums.

When I was 5, my parents gave me their record player and record collection, I spent the most time listening to Aerosmith (Get Your Wings), Alice Cooper (Welcome To My Nightmare), and Black Sabbath (Paranoid and Master Of Reality). Also had a 45 of Queen's Another One Bites The Dust/Don't Try Suicide that I listened to constantly. In any case, I had a lot more exposure to Ozzy-era Sabbath, and still prefer it. I will say that Dio was their second best singer, and I still have plenty of respect for him.

Also, we knew Dio was sick, and it could happen. Dimebag was murdered in his prime. I think that we were more prepared for Dio to go. When I read the news article about Dimebag's murder online, I was in shock for the rest of the day.

Top ten forum members you'd have a pizza with?
              Won't name any names, but I'd pick the open-minded ones and my fellow refinishers.

Favorite metal bands?
              Way too many to list.

I like most of the US and German speed metal bands from the 80s, well produced symphonic black metal, and death metal where you can make out at least 75% of the lyrics on the second listen.

Favorite Dimarzio pickup by output (low, medium, High) and why?
              Why? For the tone.

Paf Pro, Steve Morse Bridge, D-Sonic.

Favorite SD pickup by output (low, medium, High) and why?
              Why? For the tone.

Pearly Gates, Full Shred, Custom/Custom 8.

Twitter:
              @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Eh, screw his old band. I don't even remember who they were.

I'm talking about his new music - the solo instrumental stuff he's doing now with his new band. It's as good as anything Satch or Vai have done in a decade.
                Danger Danger. One of the lesser known hair metal bands.

I'm not really into the instrumentalist stuff. Give me some heavy rhythms, quick drums, angry vocals.. save the Satch and Vai stuff for a 20 second lead break.

Twitter:
                @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Danger Danger. One of the lesser known hair metal bands.

I'm not really into the instrumentalist stuff. Give me some heavy rhythms, quick drums, angry vocals.. save the Satch and Vai stuff for a 20 second lead break.
                  Remove the vocals and you just described my band.
                  -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Why do you hate maple necks?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamera View Post
                      Why do you hate maple necks?
                      Honestly, I don't like the light color. I tried staining one with ebony stain, didn't come out that nice.

Twitter:
                      @ArizonaVoters

Comment

What do you do when you need that classic Dave Murray solo tone?

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
                          What do you do when you need that classic Dave Murray solo tone?
                          Well, so far I haven't.

Twitter:
                          @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Though your refinishing prowess is impressive, I will not fall to my knees and bow. What are you going to do about it?

Comment

Favourite band outside of metal?

Favourite book?

Name one influence on how you lead your life.

Coke or Pepsi?

Is the future really Orange?

What one country would you love to visit? Is it the same one you would choose to live in if you were banished from the States?

What is your favourite album artwork?
                              I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by ParameterMan View Post
                                Though your refinishing prowess is impressive, I will not fall to my knees and bow. What are you going to do about it?
                                I would just ask what clever pun you'd come up with based on my name and reputation.

Twitter:
                                @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Working...
                                X