banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

Originally posted by Kam View Post
    Favourite band outside of metal?
    There's other music out there? Outside of a few Danny Elfman and John Williams movie soundtracks, I don't have any other non-metal CDs.

Favourite book?
    Toss-up between Stephen King's The Stand and Christopher Hitchens' The Trial Of Henry Kissinger. The former being an in depth story of a madman intent on ruling the world after it's severe depopulation. The latter being an in depth story of a madman intent on severely depopulating the world.

Name one influence on how you lead your life.
    I don't think I have any single influence, but I think one of the most recognizable ones would be The Dude Lebowski. I just want to relax and enjoy life without too many complications.

Coke or Pepsi?
    Pepsi Max is my morning coffee.. Cherry Coke Zero is very tasty.

Is the future really Orange?
    Actually, I was thinking metallic yellow.. I've already done a metallic orange.

What one country would you love to visit? Is it the same one you would choose to live in if you were banished from the States?
    Either Norway or Germany. Great music scenes/festivals.

What is your favourite album artwork?
    While I'm not an extreme conservationalist, this one speaks volumes:

I figure I've got another 40-60 years left on this planet, I'd like it to stick around for me.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
    @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Do you think coconuts migrate?
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
        Do you think coconuts migrate?
        Only when people aren't watching.

Twitter:
        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
          I would just ask what clever pun you'd come up with based on my name and reputation.
          Aaaaaauuugh, my secret weakness! How did you know?

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
            I'm the guy that can hear people across the street talking from inside my house with the doors and windows shut.. I can hear the UPS truck down the street, knowing that I'll have a delivery soon. I can hear pick noise on most professionally recorded albums.. and I can hear the differences between the pickups.
            'sup?!

^ this doesn't surprise me at all.

what's the deal with the doomy scripture quote in your sig? you don't strike me as the type.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. ad View Post
              'sup?!

^ this doesn't surprise me at all.

what's the deal with the doomy scripture quote in your sig? you don't strike me as the type.
              Even though religious and political signatures are supposed to be banned, other people have bible quotes, so I figured I'd have one too. It's only fair.

Twitter:
              @ArizonaVoters

Comment

when did you start refinishing guitars?

what is your favorite recorded guitar tone?

favorite beer?

first guitar?

what amp(s) do you own? only ever hear about the guitars.
                Originally posted by Aceman
                It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                  when did you start refinishing guitars?
                  First attempt was about 10 years ago, started up again about 8 months ago.

what is your favorite recorded guitar tone?
                  Toss-up between Carcass' Swansong album and S.O.D.'s Live At Budokan.

favorite beer?
                  Sam Adams Cherry Wheat

first guitar?
                  Series 10 Strat Copy about 20 years ago. Didn't get another Strat until recently... and of course, no stock single coil setup for me.

what amp(s) do you own? only ever hear about the guitars.

Lately I've been into the modelers.. for amps I've got a Peavey Vypyr 75, Behringer 210, and Line 6 Spider III 30W. I don't use those too often.. I've also got a Digitech RP500, Line 6 X3 Live, and a Vox Tonelab ST. The Tonelab gets the most use.

I've owned a Peavey 5150 and Marshall JCM 2000 TSL100 in the past, and the modelers can get me the tones I need at lesser volumes.

Twitter:
                  @ArizonaVoters

Comment

You seem to have the facilities to make a decent recording. Do you record your own stuff a lot?

What about bands? Do you play live or do you prefer jamming on your own or with friends?

I was going to ask you about who's influenced your song writing but I probably wouldn't know who the hell they are.

Tell me anyway.
                    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                      You seem to have the facilities to make a decent recording. Do you record your own stuff a lot?
                      I'm planning on starting soon. Just have a lot going on right now with my home business, and we've got the house on the market, so that's made it tough to plan anything out in advance. I don't leave the lockbox out, so the realtor has to set up showings in advance and then I let the people in and take off for a bit. We're actually going to take it down if it doesn't sell this summer, at that point I'll be able to unpack some stuff and then get busy.

What about bands? Do you play live or do you prefer jamming on your own or with friends?
                      I'm not very good in front of people, so it's definitely on my own. If I ever do record an album and get a record deal and what-not I'm in trouble.

I was going to ask you about who's influenced your song writing but I probably wouldn't know who the hell they are.

Tell me anyway.
                      Depends on the day. I want to do some speed metal stuff.. so Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica, Kreator, etc..

Heavy industrial metal.. Ministry, Skrew, Fear Factory, Strapping Young Lad.

Progressive Blackened Death Metal... maybe a combination of Marduk, Unleashed, Opeth, and the like.

Mostly I just like to have fun though. Maybe I'll come up with something new.

Whatever I do, it's going to be something where people aren't going to say "MAN, that's annoying." I've heard so many trends in metal and I keep thinking.. ok, NOW it can't get any worse.

Twitter:
                      @ArizonaVoters

Comment

What do you think of John Wayne Gacy?

Comment

Have you ever been serviced at truckstop?

Comment

Do hookers charge more in Michigan because it's colder?

Comment

What do I have in my pocket?

Comment

What do you think the rash on my junk might be?

Comment

Working...
                                X