FS: Black Ran Explorer used on Annihilator's "Metal" album $2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Black Ran Explorer used on Annihilator's "Metal" album $2000

With sorrow in my heart, I have to part with my Ran Explorer that I won in a contest a while back. It's a great guitar, but I've had some financial issues as of late. I was left to either sell off my gear or wind up homeless.

As I stated in the title, this guitar was used to record some of the tracks on the Annihilator album "Metal". It's a custom made Ran in great condition. It has a crack in the fretboard, but I will get that fixed before I send it out.

I don't know all that much about the guitar, but It has either a set neck or a neck through body and it has an ebony fretboard. It has Seymour Duncan pickups in it, I'm not sure which ones, though, because I haven't taken a look. I would guess a Jazz in the neck and a Distortion in the bridge if I had to take a guess. The body is heavier, but I'm not quite sure what wood it is. It has 24 frets and a hard tail bridge.

There are no chips or dents in the guitar, but there is a little bit of white on the top of the neck that I will try to polish out before it's sold. The guitar is not autographed (although it was supposed to), but I will include the note that came with the guitar that is signed by Jeff Waters. It will be shipped in its hard case.

PM me with an offer if you're interested.
    Dave Mustaine: How many of you can play guitar?
    Crowd: *screams*
    Dave Mustaine: How many of you can play guitar as well as I do?
    Dave Mustaine: YOU LIE!!!!!!!!

Re: FS: Black Ran Explorer used on Annihilator's "Metal" album $2000

Is this one of those torpedo factory guitars or the company in Poland? I have heard the name, they make cheap custom guitars with little regard for copyrights
    Last edited by Northwinds; 06-04-2010, 08:10 AM.
    Ladies, as long as I have a face, you will have a place to sit

2001 Gibson Les Paul Standard
    2010 Gibson Explorer '76 RI

Comment

Originally posted by Northwinds View Post
      Is this one of those torpedo factory guitars or the company in Poland? I have heard the name, they make cheap custom guitars with little regard for copyrights
      I thought it was Swedish. I have a 27 fret that all I can find info on is a Swedish company. It has a small "A" infront of Ran.

Comment

Ran Guitars is a Polish company that makes 1-off custom jobs for very reasonable prices. They'll build you whatever you specify. If those specifications happen to mirror a Gibson headstock, welll.....

I've never ordered from them, but one time they quoted me a really sweet SG with a slightly thicker body and a ton of other specific custom features at like $1400 US.
        -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

I will have to ask Jeff about this puppy, I know him through another forum I belong to. Maybe he can shed some additional info on it and why he got rid of it
          Ladies, as long as I have a face, you will have a place to sit

2001 Gibson Les Paul Standard
          2010 Gibson Explorer '76 RI

Comment

Originally posted by Northwinds View Post
            I will have to ask Jeff about this puppy, I know him through another forum I belong to. Maybe he can shed some additional info on it and why he got rid of it
            Tell him that I feel really bad about having to sell it. I really love the guitar, but I need some money. If I'm lucky, I'll have a good week before I sell it and get a few more repair jobs and lessons. Also, if he remembers, tell him I'm really sorry for missing his calls, but my cell phone at the time got really bad reception in my bedroom and my gigging left me in bed when he was calling.

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
              Ran Guitars is a Polish company that makes 1-off custom jobs for very reasonable prices. They'll build you whatever you specify. If those specifications happen to mirror a Gibson headstock, welll.....

I've never ordered from them, but one time they quoted me a really sweet SG with a slightly thicker body and a ton of other specific custom features at like $1400 US.
              They make some really good stuff. I love the Explorer's sound and playability, but I really don't play it much because I, personally, find the shape of them very awkward to play on when sitting down and it doesn't match my stage uniform... That and it doesn't have a floating bridge, which I use in a lot of my songs.

I'm probably going to order a backup baritone from them at some point, too.

Comment

Working...
              X