Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warmoth 7/8 Bodies and Necks!

Originally posted by Stirt View Post
    And, did you know that a Warmoth Warhead 24 fret, 24 3/4" scale neck fits and intonates on a standard 24" scale Jaguar, Mustang or Jagstang body? It converts the build to a 24 3/4" scale with more frets to play with.
    now that is cool
    Originally posted by krankguitarist
    And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Comment

Originally posted by RushOfBlood View Post
      now that is cool
      you should add a new song by Alvin Greene to your list in your siggy, "Just ummm, I'm ok"

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
        Gregg, is there a way to do a build of the 7/8 neck on the website or just what's in the showcase? I was trying to spec a reversed headstock Warhead but there were no 7/8 neck options in the build-your-own neck section.
        Not yet available to build online but it is coming. It just takes awhile to get all the pages done. For now though, you can call or email to get the ball rolling on a project or get questions answered.
        Gregg -
        Warmoth Guitar Products

Comment

Originally posted by Mattt
          Please let us know when the 'body builder' feature on the website includes these 7/8 bodies.
          Will do. Hey, have you seen the new Visual Body builder we just launched? It's only on the Standard/Chambered Strat body currently but we are now adding new body styles and capabilities to it. Really cool to play around with...

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/bodies...r.aspx?style=1

Got to love technology!
          Gregg -
          Warmoth Guitar Products

Comment

When I saw this I knew it was time to build the strat I've always wanted...

I called and ordered the body the other day. They didn't have one in the showcase like I wanted so I just gave Matt the details and they started a new one...

Here are some details:

Body: Alder / Top Route / SSH / Side Jack / Contured Heel / Wilkinson Trem
            Color: White Pearl / 3 Ply White-Black-White Pickguard / White Pickups TBD later

I'm still working on what to do with the neck...

It'll look something like this except the jack will be on the side and the bridge will be a humbucker:
            '05 Gibson Les Paul Classic
            '11 Taylor 414CE
            Orange Rockerverb 50

Comment

Originally posted by SchecMan View Post
              When I saw this I knew it was time to build the strat I've always wanted...

I called and ordered the body the other day. They didn't have one in the showcase like I wanted so I just gave Matt the details and they started a new one...

Here are some details:

Body: Alder / Top Route / SSH / Side Jack / Contured Heel / Wilkinson Trem
              Color: White Pearl / 3 Ply White-Black-White Pickguard / White Pickups TBD later

I'm still working on what to do with the neck...

It'll look something like this except the jack will be on the side and the bridge will be a humbucker:
              You are going to really like that White Pearl finish. It reflects stage lighting really well and shimmers the different colors.
              Gregg -
              Warmoth Guitar Products

Comment

Originally posted by Mattt
                Stirt,

How much extra does a one-piece body with decent looking grain cost?

I'm thinking of a 7/8 Strat body in Black Korina.

I don't want a laminate top. And i want a one-piece body.
                The upcharge for Black Korina as a 1-piece is $80. A uniform grain pattern is almost impossible with a 1-piece body. It is much more likely with 2-piece body since the pieces are bookmatched. Also, those black stripes shift and move as you cut and sand so Black Korina is always a crap shoot for grain patterns. I would call up a Warmoth rep and ask if he would do a hand pick for a two piece body. That would be increasing the chances for something really cool looking. There will be a small fee if they can do it for you and of course, no guarantees since you can't predict exactly what the grain is going to do.
                Gregg -
                Warmoth Guitar Products

Comment

Working...
                X