Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warmoth 7/8 Bodies and Necks!

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
    Ah I thought you meant you built those 2 guitars for yourself at Warmoth. Sad to see them go huh? haha.
    Actually, they are still here at Warmoth. Shop guitars.
    Gregg -
    Warmoth Guitar Products

Comment

Originally posted by dmandude123455 View Post
      Is the body thinner or is the whole body smaller?
      Same thickness as a standard Strat. The perimeter is smaller and of course so it the pickguard.
      Last edited by Stirt; 06-18-2010, 09:25 AM.
      Gregg -
      Warmoth Guitar Products

Comment

Here's mine....love this guitar.

And a live action of shot of us together...
        Last edited by Stirt; 06-18-2010, 09:29 AM.
        Gregg -
        Warmoth Guitar Products

Comment

Yeah, that's a really neat axe.

So... how about those headstocks? Is that an available option now?

Comment

Hey Stirt, do you know Rob Rounds?
            2 Mesa Boogie .50 Cal+ heads
            King Custom Cabinets

http://horsecore.net (deadhorse)
            http://myspace.com/pasadenanapalmdivision
            http://myspace.com/forcefedaustin

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
              Yeah, that's a really neat axe.

So... how about those headstocks? Is that an available option now?
              The peghead shape is called a Warhead and yes you can have it done on other styles of necks.
              Gregg -
              Warmoth Guitar Products

Comment

Originally posted by scottcrud View Post
                Hey Stirt, do you know Rob Rounds?
                Yep. Good guy.
                Gregg -
                Warmoth Guitar Products

Comment

Originally posted by Mattt
                  Can you tell us more about how the strat (with the single coils) sounds in comparison to a conventional strat?
                  The woods, hardware and electronics are going to play a bigger role in the tone...but what is noticeable is the feel, especially if you've been playing a 25 1/2" scale Strat all of your life. The strings bend easier so you achieve the note you're bending to effortlessly. The frets are bit closer together too so there's a slight feel difference there as far as hand position. Tone-wise I got all the clear, glassy tones I was hoping to hear from it so I wouldn't shy away from this scale if I still wanted my guitar to sound like a Strat. It would make a great combo-build like a hot rod Strat; single coils in the neck and middle then a humbucker in the bridge.
                  Gregg -
                  Warmoth Guitar Products

Comment

Awesome stuff man --- I don't know about the rest of the group, but I am ALL FOR the idea of more Warmoth / USACG / Whoever guys posting here. Or the ones that are here posting more frequently!

We're all guitar modders --- and I love knowing what's out there!

Evan or Frank, what do you think - all good? Or do they need to bear a "Vendor" stamp or somesuch, so new members aren't confused about the context of information they're receiving?
                    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                      Awesome stuff man --- I don't know about the rest of the group, but I am ALL FOR the idea of more Warmoth / USACG / Whoever guys posting here. Or the ones that are here posting more frequently!

We're all guitar modders --- and I love knowing what's out there!

Evan or Frank, what do you think - all good? Or do they need to bear a "Vendor" stamp or somesuch, so new members aren't confused about the context of information they're receiving?
                      Cool, thanks. When Warmoth had the big sale at the end of last year I asked Scott (at Seymour Duncan) if it were OK for us to put something about it on the SD forum. He suggested the Trading Post category would be a good place for things like that so I've put up a few things here that I thought some folks may find interesting.

I'll see if I can get a logo ID on my signature - good idea.
                      Last edited by Stirt; 06-21-2010, 12:09 PM.
                      Gregg -
                      Warmoth Guitar Products

Comment

Originally posted by Stirt View Post
                        Cool, thanks. When Warmoth had the big sale at the end of last year I asked Scott (at Seymour Duncan) if it were OK for us to put something about it on the SD forum. He suggested the Trading Post category would be a good place for things like that so I've put up a few things here that I thought some folks may find interesting.

I'll see if I can get a logo ID on my signature - good idea.
                        I'm glad you posted then, and glad you posted now. I really enjoy your posts.

And like I said, it only makes sense to have folks from the custom body / neck world sharing information with folks in the pickups / electronics modding world!
                        my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

And, did you know that a Warmoth Warhead 24 fret, 24 3/4" scale neck fits and intonates on a standard 24" scale Jaguar, Mustang or Jagstang body? It converts the build to a 24 3/4" scale with more frets to play with.
                          Gregg -
                          Warmoth Guitar Products

Comment

Here's a 1963 Fender Mustang neck (24" scale) on 7/8 S body. Then below that is a standard 24" scale Mustang body with a Warhead (24 3/4" scale) neck on it. Both great playing instruments!
                            Gregg -
                            Warmoth Guitar Products

Comment

Pretty cool. Wouldn't mind getting a short scale Fender/Squire to try a Warmoth 24 3/4" scale neck with 24 frets. Anyone remember if the Squire Duo Sonic was 24" scale? Always wanted one but was never a fan of the vintage radius. The Warmoth would be a treat on that.
                              Last edited by Fusion1; 06-24-2010, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Gregg, is there a way to do a build of the 7/8 neck on the website or just what's in the showcase? I was trying to spec a reversed headstock Warhead but there were no 7/8 neck options in the build-your-own neck section.

Comment

Working...
                                X