Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peavey 6505+ vs 6534+

Originally posted by cvansickle View Post
    I tried a 6534+ at the Dallas Guitar Show a few months ago. Awesome amp! I didn't realize at first that it wasn't a 6505. I was playing it, and thinking "this is the best 6505/5150 I've ever heard!" When I realized it was a different model, and that it had EL34 tubes, that explained it. I favor the Marshall flavor, and my amp right now is a Mesa Stiletto.
    Did you check or ask what company they were using to supply them with power tubes?

Comment

the one i had came with JJ power tubes.

Comment

WOW. I know this is way off topic, but I had Jerry mod my Metaltronix M1000 and it's a much more usable amp, now. That said, there's no way they could ever possibly sound worse than they did, stock. I will never understand why Lee Jackson stuff was so popular.

Comment

I've tried the 6505+ 1*12 at a local guitar center and it had nice crunch. For solos. Eh. It was bad. Too bluesy. But thats what you get from some amps. They're not as expensive as Soldanos. You get what you pay for. You'll need a delay, chorus, flanger, compressor, boost, and eq for yer solos. Duh

Comment

Not played through a 6534+ but as mentioned already its supposed to sound more British. Proud owner of a 6505+ and I love it. Loads of gain on tap and a really great drop tuned chug tone. But also a solid rhythm guitar sound too, nice and punchy with plenty of cut in the mix.

Comment

Working...
            X