banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XCIV: What do Warmoth, Seymour Duncan, Laney and cheddar have in common?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XCIV: What do Warmoth, Seymour Duncan, Laney and cheddar have in common?

Is it ok to ask your name? If so, what is it?
    "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

Re: The Well XCIV: What do Warmoth, Seymour Duncan, Laney and cheddar have in common?

How would you define a Hot Karl?

What is your name/quest/favorite color?

Comment

What do you call an English Muffin? Is it just a Muffin? If so, is there an American Muffin?
        Did you cry when Sir Elton John was knighted?
        Are you in love with Robert Pattinson (<-- he's English)?

Comment

Do you like Pina Coladas?
          What about getting caught in the rain?
          Are you into yoga?
          Do you have half-a-brain.
          Do you like making love at midnight? In the dunes of the cape, maybe?

cg
          -Blasphemy is a victimless crime

http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/

cg

Comment

Did you guys jam when you went to buy your Laney?

If so how did you enjoy it?

If you could wake up tomorrow morning in a different country, somewhere you don´t know anyone, guaranteed enough money to survive very comfortably playing guitar...where would it be and why?

...offer includes free flight back home (sorry, you´ve got to fly home) or contract extension after 6 months is up if you want to continue...Would you do it?

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
              hahahahaha right on.
              peanut butter and jelly, or peanut butter and banana?
              gingrel; that's peanut butter and jam to us, mate.
              and WTF these guys mean by biscuits i don't know, and wouldn't hasten to google.
              on that... kingston or monte carlo?

Originally posted by Kam View Post
              You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
              You ever rubbed another mans rhubarb?
              nice one, i had a "you... are my number one-ah guy" moment earlier today

Comment

Tell us more about your trip to Brighton, meeting Richard Parker and how you feel about the amp you bought that day.
                Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Originally posted by woemoejack View Post
                  are you enjoying your first tube amp?
                  YES!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by tonefreak1527 View Post
                  what are american biscuts called in england?
                  I have no idea what american biscuits are...

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                  You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

You ever rubbed another mans rhubarb?

What are you doing in Uni? Why?

Who's the hottest fat chick? Or the fattest hot chick?

Are we soulmates?

Are you getting bored of my questions? Should I stop?
                  Yes, he's a very good dancer actually.

No...

Chemistry, because I enjoy it.

The hottest fat chick I ever saw was this girl at college called Jenny...

I don't think we are, Kam. Hate to break it to you mate

No, please continue!

Originally posted by grumptruck
                  What do you think about Virgil Donati?

Is he you's guys Dave Weckl/Neil Peart/Mike Portnoy/?
                  Sorry, never heard of him. A quick wiki tells me that he's australian, and plays with a band called Planet X.

Mike Portnoy is awesome though!

Originally posted by cakire82 View Post
                  Is it ok to ask your name? If so, what is it?
                  Michael Timothy Everard

Call me Mike

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                  How would you define a Hot Karl?

What is your name/quest/favorite color?
                  I believe a "Hot Karl" is where one defecates into a sock and proceeds to hit someone with said sock.

My name is Mike. My quest is to bring rock and roll to the masses. My favourite colour is red. But what, I ask you, is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow??

Originally posted by speed2dirt View Post
                  What do you call an English Muffin? Is it just a Muffin? If so, is there an American Muffin?
                  Did you cry when Sir Elton John was knighted?
                  Are you in love with Robert Pattinson (<-- he's English)?
                  They're still called english muffins, but I never knew they existed until I came to america!

I didn't, but I was too young to appreciate the significance.

I'm indifferent to Robert Pattinson. I've never seen a film with him in.

Originally posted by playas View Post
                  Did you guys jam when you went to buy your Laney?

If so how did you enjoy it?

If you could wake up tomorrow morning in a different country, somewhere you don´t know anyone, guaranteed enough money to survive very comfortably playing guitar...where would it be and why?

...offer includes free flight back home (sorry, you´ve got to fly home) or contract extension after 6 months is up if you want to continue...Would you do it?
                  Unfortunately there was no jam, Ritchie was busy with something I think.

hmmm... That's a tough one. I'd probably say either Spain, because I love Spanish food and culture, or SoCal, just because I've always wanted to go there...

I'd see how it was going, and if I felt that I wanted to stay, I'd do it.
                  Ministers and superstars
                  are drinking champagne in their cars
                  6 strings on a 12 guitar
                  all my dreams are made of stars
                  and the rock and roll still burns in me

Comment

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
                    Tell us more about your trip to Brighton, meeting Richard Parker and how you feel about the amp you bought that day.
                    The journey to Brighton itself was pretty uneventful, a 2 hour train journey, nothing special.

When we (me and a friend I'd brought to help carry the amp) got to Ritchie's house he was outside waiting for us. A very pleasant chap, I must say. He showed us into his living room where the amp was set up and gave us a run-down of the features. He then left me to play around with the different channels and settings. I spent a while noodling on his strat and firebird, and then I handed over the cash and we lugged the beast back to the station.

The amp itself is very nice, I'm really enjoying it. It certainly covers a lot of ground. One press of a footswitch and I can go from sparkling cleans or very slight 'Little Wing'-style crunch to full-on Wolfmother or Muse style saturation (which also works great for Sabbath). I'm loving the tube sound!
                    Ministers and superstars
                    6 strings on a 12 guitar

Comment

Back in the day.......

Would you consider stealing a loaf of bread = free ride to Australia?

or

British piracy = possibly balls hanging from a Spanish Galeon?

What Laney amp BTW?

Comment

Hmmm... That's a tricky one. I'd love to go to australia, but I'd also love to be a pirate!

Its a Laney VC50 50W 2x12" combo
                        Ministers and superstars
                        6 strings on a 12 guitar

Comment

what is your dream guitar rig?

what guitar player made you want to pick one up and learn to play?

and for my own dumb curiosity, can you finish this saying?: The stars at night, are big and bright....
                          Beer me!
                          Originally posted by Kam
                          ...This machine runs on pr0n.

Comment

If you were asleep and dreaming and could be or do anything or anyone you wanted
                            ie... flying, underwater without breathing gear, float in outer space
                            Jimi Hendrix at Leeds..........

what would you do/be

please don't just say Shania Twain
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by woemoejack View Post
                              what is your dream guitar rig?

what guitar player made you want to pick one up and learn to play?

and for my own dumb curiosity, can you finish this saying?: The stars at night, are big and bright....
                              My dream rig is probably a Gretsch White Falcon into a Marshall Plexi.

hmmm... I don't think I could pin it on one player. Probably a combination of Page, Angus and Slash.

The stars at night are big and bright
                              and my new pants are really tight!

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                              If you were asleep and dreaming and could be or do anything or anyone you wanted
                              ie... flying, underwater without breathing gear, float in outer space
                              Jimi Hendrix at Leeds..........

what would you do/be

please don't just say Shania Twain
                              Jimi Hendrix flying in outer space without breathing gear.
                              Ministers and superstars
                              6 strings on a 12 guitar

Comment

How about a brief run-down of a normal day from you?
                                Do you listen to any non-pop/rock music? (classical/traditional folk/jazz/etc)

Comment

Working...
                                X