X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LIVE NOW - Q&A with Blues Saraceno 7/29/10

Originally posted by JohnJohn
    Do you ever listen back to your earlier recordings and wish you had of approached some of the music differently as you've evolved as a person and a player with time and experience?
    Of course. For sure.

When I listen back then, there was so much behind the scenes stuff that was going on. When you listen to Hairpick and Plaid, the machine they loaned me didn't have a punch-in feature. So I had to record a solo on three different channels -- the beginning on channel one, the middle on channel two and the end on channel three -- and then I had to make a composite track of all the solos one generation down. If you listen carefully, you'll hear that some notes overlap.

I would love to go back in time and change things. But I've resigned myself that it's a snapshot in time and it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
      hey blues
      no question from me, just a quick thank you for stoppin by our little corner of the web and for all the great music over the years .. i first heard you at a clinic here outside of baltimore, md about 20 yrs ago and was immediately convinced that you 'had it' - not just a flash in the pan, market-packaged phenom ... glad things have gone well for you

cheers
      t4d
      I'm still trying to become a flash in the pan. Maybe if I get something going on with Miley or Lindsay...

Comment

By the way, about Lindsay, what did she get? Eight days in the can? That's hardly worth mentioning...

Comment

What would you like to be remembered for most?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Saraceno View Post
            By the way, about Lindsay, what did she get? Eight days in the can? That's hardly worth mentioning...
            "30 Days In The Hole" would seem more appropriate as rock n roll punishment.
            My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn
              Last question from me:Any tidbits you can throw us about current or upcoming projects that you're at liberty to mention?
              I did the guitars for the Hawaii Five Oh promo. Does that count?

I do a ton of work for a certain catalog company. It's glorified musical wallpaper, but it's pretty elite. The problem is that it's not available to the public so I can't really promote it on here.

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                What would you like to be remembered for most?
                My handsomeness. And for giving Brad Pitt a run for his money.

In all seriousness, I want to be remembered for being a good father to my two girls.

Comment

I've really appreciated my time with Seymour Duncan on my personal tone quest. I wish everyone the best finding their own individual sound. I'm sure there's a model in the Seymour Duncan line that will work for you like it works for me.

Thanks to all of you for hanging with me this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                  X