banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05 View Post
    Well..... glad to have you back..... i started in 2005 but I was in Iraq so i didn't get alot of time on the PC.
    Thanks BM. Thank you for your service to our country. It's guys like you that allow hacks like me to live whatever kind of life I choose, and for that I am eternally grateful.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Re: The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
      What is your favorite historical film?

Do you drink coffee, and if so, what kind?
      I'm not sure exactly what you mean by historical, if you just mean old or something about history itself. I actually love history and was only a few credits away from having a 2nd minor in history when I graduated college.

I like older films like The Wizzard of Oz, From Here to Eternity and so on. I also love old John Wayne movies and Clint Eastwood movies. My dad and I used to watch those when I was a kid, so they bring back fond memories.

If you mean historical, I really enjoy anything about WWII. I have always felt that I was born to the wrong generation, and I would have liked the opportunity to serve during WWII; even though it may have meant my death.

Coffee is another thing I can take or leave. I do drink coffee if it is around and others are drinking it, but I rarely make it at home unless my dad or grandma comes to visit. They just like Maxwell House stuff. If I do make it for myself, I really like Kona or a Kona blend. Real Kona is expensive, but to me it's the best coffee I have ever tried.

Otherwise, on cold winter days I go to Starbucks and order a Venti Breve 6 pump Vanilla Latte and try to feel masculine while I drink it.
      My Sound Clips

Comment

An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum
        Can I have sauce with that?
        sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
        - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Isn't this your second well?

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
            are you living on tulsa time?
            I am indeed, although not entirely by choice. Don Williams originally wrote and sang the song, but Clapton among others covered it. I believe my Uncle Merle did as well, and I do have my Uncle Merle's double Greatest Hits' CD, so I can feel like Oklahoma is home....somewhat (Okie from Muskogee). My grandmother was raised in Cushing for a good part of her life, which is about an hour east of Tulsa.

Any help anyone can give me in getting out of Tulsa and getting a job somewhere else would be greatly appreciated.
            My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
              Can I have sauce with that?
              Absolutely. It's a home made white sauce....best served warm.
              My Sound Clips

Comment

An enema, surrounded by a monastery, wrapped in a condom.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Scott View Post
                  Isn't this your second well?
                  No sir, I have never dug another well; although the experience would be fun. My grandfather was a roughneck on a lot of the early oil wells here in Oklahoma during the 20's and 30's.
                  My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
                    Absolutely. It's a home made white sauce....best served warm.
                    So that's a missprint? It should be " Wrapped in a Condom " ?
                    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

If you and your wife were to start a family business, what could you see yourselves doing?
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
                        An enema, surrounded by a monastery, wrapped in a condom.
                        I'm glad you understood the hidden meaning sir. I am many things to many people...and have been called far worse.
                        My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                          If you and your wife were to start a family business, what could you see yourselves doing?
                          Well, we had a family business with some friends that we started in 2006. We opened up a used car franchise. That was what I had a ton of experience in at that time. We were really starting to make a go of it until I hurt my back and my "friends" took the opportunity to seize control of the assets and basically run my father and I out of the business.....while squandering or outright stealing all of the company money. It wasn't all my money, but I was a 25% full controlling partner and it cost me my life savings to that point. It happened so fast I couldn't stop it or recover from it.

If my wife and I were ever to start another business, I would love to own an upscale Cigar Shop and Smoking Lounge/Bar. Cigars are my other true passion besides guitar, and I know quite a bit about it. That would be something that I wouldn't consider a job....it would be fun to go to work every day. I'm good with people and I'm a good salesman, so I know it would succeed.
                          My Sound Clips

Comment

Desert Island (with electricity for some reason).

One guitar.

One amp.

One pedal.

One chick.

Choose your weapons, sir.
                            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
                              So that's a missprint? It should be " Wrapped in a Condom " ?
                              Well, I meant a bechamel sauce, but I can whip up whatever you want, and put it in anything you like!
                              My Sound Clips

Comment

I thought you were around when the well was started up. Must have been set up just after you had to move.

To date, I've been a standby well recipient once. I guess I'm just not a vibrant enough character to get the nod. [slowly plods away weeping] LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X