banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
    let me add to the chorus of guys happy to see you back

i remember at UGD hangin with you for a few moments while the heavy metal polka act was blastin away ... we just got big ol grins on our faces listenin to them from out on the porch (no appreciable diminution of the SPLs !! ) diggin how the young guns were doin their thing with gusto

if i get a moment later, i'll tell my "why jeff is a man i want my sons to grow up to be like" story ...

jeff's a major dude

enjoy your weekend, bro

oh, i guess i gotta ask a question ...

tell us about a time when you were young and some musical moment sealed your fate and made you need to become a guitarist
    Thanks for the kind words Bill.

I remember that as well at UGD, the young guys did well....there were so many guys at UGD and just not enough time to hang with everyone as much as I would have liked. It was one of the better trips of my life.

What cemented my fate to one day pick up the guitar. I was a huge Kiss fan (still am) when I was 9-10...mid 70's. My older cousin was in a band and had a Les Paul. He taught me to play the intro riff of "God of Thunder", and it sounded so cool through a cranked amp. That was the moment that I knew I wanted to play.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Re: The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

Originally posted by dmandude123455 View Post
      Robot Hawk

Or

Gaint Death Turtle
      If I don't know what either of those are without using Google, do I lose points?
      My Sound Clips

Comment

What is your favorite sci fi book?

What are your three favorite pork dishes/items? (excluding bacon)

Comment

Originally posted by firebirdV View Post
          What is your favorite sci fi book?

What are your three favorite pork dishes/items? (excluding bacon)
          Man, I love sci fi books....books of all kinds. Probably Sphere. I read it when it first came out in 87 or 88 and it really got me started.

3 favorite pork dishes:

Spare Ribs...St. Louis or KC style

Pork Steak cooked on the grill with BBQ sauce (my dad always made that for us growing up)

Absolute Favorite - New Mexico Pork Green Chile - Hot. You can put that stuff on your shoe and it will be the best meal you've ever had.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
            If I don't know what either of those are without using Google, do I lose points?
            Which would you rather have? lol
            88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
            Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
            Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
            Vox NightTrain 50.
            My Band

Comment

Absolute Favorite - New Mexico Pork Green Chile - Hot. You can put that stuff on your shoe and it will be the best meal you've ever had.
              ok, you're off my sh1t list now.....the chile venders from hatch, nm are in denver now......ahhhhh, the smell of roasted green chile is heavenly
              Originally posted by Gearjoneser
              Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Originally posted by dmandude123455 View Post
                Which would you rather have? lol
                I'm going with Giant Death Turtle....sounds brutal.
                My Sound Clips

Comment

So you're not in a band, is that right? Do you write a lot of your own music or do you just jam on your favourite songs and improvise for fun?

If you write your own music, how would you describe it? Have you done much recording and if not would you like to?

What inspires you to write? Do you feel you can adequately portray the feelings given to you by your inspirations in your playing and your writing?

That's just a jumble of random questions, isn't it? Feel free to answer or ignore whichever ones you like or dislike; I'm basically just asking about where you are musically and where you'd like to go.
                  I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
                    ok, you're off my sh1t list now.....the chile venders from hatch, nm are in denver now......ahhhhh, the smell of roasted green chile is heavenly
                    Nothin like fresh roasted Hatch green chile's man. The smell is intoxicating.
                    My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                      So you're not in a band, is that right? Do you write a lot of your own music or do you just jam on your favourite songs and improvise for fun?

If you write your own music, how would you describe it? Have you done much recording and if not would you like to?

What inspires you to write? Do you feel you can adequately portray the feelings given to you by your inspirations in your playing and your writing?

That's just a jumble of random questions, isn't it? Feel free to answer or ignore whichever ones you like or dislike; I'm basically just asking about where you are musically and where you'd like to go.
                      That's right, not in a band. Just a guy who likes to jam on favorite songs and improvise for fun.

I would really like to be able to write songs, but it's not something that comes easy to me. If I had someone to sit with and show me how the creative process works, I might be able to do it. I can usually learn to do anything.

I bought a few of those jam tracks from Five Feathers, hard rock/blues cd's that are just drums, bass and rhythm guitar. They tell you what the key is and run for 6-7 minutes each so you can practice solo's in different keys and modes. I like jamming to those when I have the chance.

I have recorded in the past and would love to do so again. I have Acid Pro as my recording platform and I just need to install it on my new computer and get set back up again. I basically recorded covers of some of my favorite tunes, or songs that I was really into at the time. I can do a good job of learning songs, but I struggle with being a lead player. I am not super fast and my left hand dexterity is somewhat lacking. A couple of my favorite recordings are my covers of Knockin on Heavens Door and Plush. There are links in my sig if you care to listen....on Soundclick.

I would really just love to be a rhythm player in a good cover band who gets to take a few solo's on the songs that aren't too shreddy. That would be a great feeling for me.

That's kind of where I am currently.
                      My Sound Clips

Comment

Cheers for answering, dude. I'm listening through some of your stuff now, I dunno how I didn't notice that link sooner. I'm really diggin' Heavens Door, actually. Epic lead tone and real nice playing. Just had to post to say that.
                        I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Man, I love sci fi books....books of all kinds. Probably Sphere. I read it when it first came out in 87 or 88 and it really got me started.

3 favorite pork dishes:

Spare Ribs...St. Louis or KC style

Pork Steak cooked on the grill with BBQ sauce (my dad always made that for us growing up)

I'm pleasantly surprised by the pork dishes you picked out. Pork steaks on the grill are great, I do them a couple times a year. If you want to try mixing a little ketchup with worcestershire sauce (about 50/50 give or take), and now you have a great dipping sauce for pork of any kind.

I also love green chile. Surprisingly, there is a large mexican population in St Paul MN, so I grew up on a lot of homestyle mexican food.

Comment

Did you ever read Tiger Tiger (Stars are my destination) by Alfred Bester?
                            If not, do it

What is your favorite Fruit and why?
                            www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                              Cheers for answering, dude. I'm listening through some of your stuff now, I dunno how I didn't notice that link sooner. I'm really diggin' Heavens Door, actually. Epic lead tone and real nice playing. Just had to post to say that.
                              Thanks Kam, I appreciate that.
                              My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post
                                Did you ever read Tiger Tiger (Stars are my destination) by Alfred Bester?
                                If not, do it

What is your favorite Fruit and why?
                                Never read Tiger Tiger, but I will look it up and put it on my list.

Favorite Fruit - probably strawberries. You can use them for many different things. Eat them plain, make jam or jelly, strawberry shortcake, strawberry's on top of cheesecake; all kinds of options.
                                My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
                                X