banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

Originally posted by Kam View Post
    What question should someone have asked you but didn't? And could you also answer that one?

I'm lazy today.
    Ha! I'm not touching that one.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

• Re: The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post
      Okay,
      What is the main problem with your neck?
      What kind of pain (pinching, pressure or pulling) you get with which movements?
      What did the doctors told or did before?
      Since when do you have the problems, are there any changes?
      The problem is actually with my back....lower back. When it acts up now, it's just a deep, deep sore feeling; like a muscle pull but much worse. I rarely get any pinching or pulling....so I guess pressure is a close an answer as any.

My leg pain is usually the worst. It used to feel like every nerve ending was erupting acid. Now, it's more of a deep ache to the bone...almost like bone on bone is rubbing...it's really deep. My wife massages my legs fairly often and it helps for a little bit (hour or so), but the pain is always there...every day. Some days aren't so bad. Some days I can walk a little bit and get some temporary relief, but I've tried everything.

The doctors originally diagnosed the pain as associated with my back injury and partly as diabetic neuropothy. I had an MRI back in 06', which showed several annular tears in two discs, a slightly bulging disc and some degenerative arthritis in one disc.

The doctors out here prescribed a variety of medicine to combat the problems...Lyrica for nerve pain, a muscle relaxant and Oxycontin for overall pain control. I did that for over two years....but it got to the point where the pain was worse than it was before....especially when the Oxy wore off and it was almost time for another dose. I finally took myself off all of the pain meds, and after the withdrawal was finally over, the paid was actually better than when I was on painkillers.

The pain is not truly debilitating, but it's enough that it makes normal, everyday activities difficult. It's like having done a really hard leg workout and having that 2nd day pain...but deeper and every day.

My original doctor was a pain management doctor, but all he did was prescribe pain killers. I asked him about alternate therapy or different medication, and he would always tell me that what he had me doing was what he thought was best.

I was in the process of going to a new doctor to see if he could help me further, when I was laid off and lost my insurance. As soon as I'm working again I'll get back on that track. There has to be an answer somewhere....even if it's back surgery. I'd like to avoid that if at all possible, but I don't want to live the rest of my life like this.
      My Sound Clips

Comment

Next?
        My Sound Clips

Comment

What pickup did you make at User Group Day? I forgot. Was it some type of Alnico II Pro or an EVH or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
            What pickup did you make at User Group Day? I forgot. Was it some type of Alnico II Pro or an EVH or something like that?
            Good memory Jolly. I requested an overwound Alnico II bridge pickup (about 9.0) and braided conductor. When I got there, it had somehow been written down wrong (although I can't remember what they had set up for me). MJ was awesome as usual and grabbed the bobbins and baseplate they use for the 78' and helped me wind it up. The only thing I didn't get done is wax potting it, but I can always do that myself.

So I'm not sure exactly what I ended up with. Kind of a hybrid EVH/APH II overwound to 9.2k. I didn't have a chance to use it much though. I put it in my Les Paul and since it's a little hot it squeeled pretty good through my Marshall. I was going to pot it and put it back in, but I just never got around to it.

Also, not sure if I want to pot it and change the character of the pup.
            My Sound Clips

Comment

OMG - Bro!!!!! I missed your well!!!!!!!

I haven't done this since a couple of seasons ago. I'll check in and check it get back to ya!
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Ok - I'm back!

Here we go...

Ace Gene Peter or Paul?

Ace Gene Peter or Paul's solo albm?

Favorite KISS song of all time?

If I dug wine and you dig cigars. Would you go into business with me opening up an awesome wine bar with a cigar room?

Favorite KISS album of all time?

Tell us about your wife: Most awesome personality and physical attribute? Where did you meet? How did you decide to tie the knot?

Why did you take such a long hiatus from the forum?

Most favorite/important Ace Frehley Memory? Most tragic thing about Ace?

If you could have ONE Les Paul (besides mine) for the rest of forever, what would it be?

Did you see Jolly's unit while staying with him? Would my wife want to see it?

What hooked you on the Dean Hard Tail?

Vacation you would love to take but haven't?

Muscle car / exotic of choice?

Astrozombie - EMO, young, or just tragic?

Which of your scrote hangs lower?

Iraq - long term win or detraction from Afghanistan?

Favorite Steven J Canal / Stephen Bochco crime drama?

Favorite MASH character?

80's band you totally dig (synth pop)?

How do you feel about the new Melissa Joan Hart Sitcom - Melissa and Joey?

Is it time for Aerosmith to hang it up?

Three guilty pleasure bands and three songs - by other bands?

if all of your guitars forever could have only ONE SD pup...which would it be?
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Holy Schmoly - I'll try to do my best on this list!

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  Ok - I'm back!

Here we go...

Ace Gene Peter or Paul? -

Ace of course, although I think Paul is underrated in the grand scheme of things as a great frontman.

Ace Gene Peter or Paul's solo albm?

Ace

Favorite KISS song of all time?

Paul singing - Firehouse. Gene singing - Cold Gin. Most overproduced song I love - Hard Luck Woman

If I dug wine and you dig cigars. Would you go into business with me opening up an awesome wine bar with a cigar room?

Yes - absolutely, although my credit rating is in the dump after these past few years.

Favorite KISS album of all time?

Alive II, even before you told me it was yours.

Tell us about your wife: Most awesome personality and physical attribute? Where did you meet? How did you decide to tie the knot?

Most awesome personality trait, her sense of humor; she finds joy in the smallest things...I am envious of that. Physical attribute, her smile. It always warms me up, regardless of how I feel. We met at a restaurant in Denver called Dora's - a Mexican place. I was with a friend, and she was his new roommate along with another girl. She had just broken her nose and had a big nose cast on her face.

Why did you take such a long hiatus from the forum?

I was pretty depressed after having to leave North Carolina so fast and losing everything. I didn't have any gear to speak of, I was in bed a lot because of my back and I was living in a small room at my sisters house. I just felt I didn't have anything to contribute to anyone or anything. I needed a lot of time to find my self worth again...and I still struggle with it some days.

Most favorite/important Ace Frehley Memory? Most tragic thing about Ace?

Favorite Ace moment was getting to see him live for the first time on the Reunion Tour in the 90's and seeing his flaming guitar live. I had always regretted being too young to see them in original makeup. Most tragic thing is that no one really takes him seriously as a guitar hero and a guy who made a bunch of people pick up the guitar. He gets pigeon holed as a mediocre guitarist because of the Kiss makeup. He really is a fine guitarist.

If you could have ONE Les Paul (besides mine) for the rest of forever, what would it be?

I would just like to have a really nice, non weight relieved Les Paul Standard with a AA flame top....honey burst or light tobacco burst. It doesn't have to be the ultimate flame top - some of those are too much. I'd actually love to have the one I sold to BBent back.

Did you see Jolly's unit while staying with him? Would my wife want to see it?

I did not get to see Jolly's unit, but I am positive your wife would want to see it.

What hooked you on the Dean Hard Tail?

I was out looking at guitars, Les Paul's actually, and a couple of the local stores had them on display. This was like 03' or 04'. I played one and really fell in love with the way it felt...especially the neck. I started doing research about them online and really liked the build quality. A lot of what they did was very similar to a Les Paul, except for the double cut, but the top cut was so much thicker than a strat or superstrat that you still got most of the tone of a Lester.

Vacation you would love to take but haven't?

I want to go to Europe very badly. I'd love to take 3 weeks and just travel all over Europe on the train...eastern and western. There is so much history there, so many beautiful old churches and other architecture...plus the food. I love food.

Muscle car / exotic of choice?

Mercedes CLS63 AMG

Astrozombie - EMO, young, or just tragic?

Tragically young

Which of your scrote hangs lower?

Left

Iraq - long term win or detraction from Afghanistan?

Distraction from Afghanistan and the overall war on terror. Saddam needed to go, but 9 years later we are still bogged down.

Favorite Steven J Canal / Stephen Bochco crime drama?

The A-Team and Hill Street Blues respectfully.

Favorite MASH character?

Either Hawkeye or Radar. If forced to choose, Hawkeye.
                  My Sound Clips

Comment

Had to make this a 2 parter since threads are limited to 5000 characters.

Originally posted by Aceman

80's band you totally dig (synth pop)?

Roxette

How do you feel about the new Melissa Joan Hart Sitcom - Melissa and Joey?

Haven't watched it, but I defend your right to do so. It will most likely be short lived, and MJH isn't at the top of my list.

Is it time for Aerosmith to hang it up?

Not yet. I saw them live either in the late 90's or early 00's with Kiss as a double headline. It's the first time I was fortunate enough to see them, and I'd like to see them on their own one more time before they hang it up.

Three guilty pleasure bands and three songs - by other bands?

What You Give - Tesla. Nothin' But a Good Time - Poison. Wait - White Lion.

if all of your guitars forever could have only ONE SD pup...which would it be?

Easy. Alnico II Humbucker...neck and bridge.
                    My Sound Clips

Comment

How would you mange a girlfriend and a wife in the same room?

Comment

Originally posted by Will S-T View Post
                        How would you mange a girlfriend and a wife in the same room?
                        I'd just use my "stick" to keep them both in line.
                        My Sound Clips

Comment

You're a better man than me Gunga Din!

When the gals have chainsaws................you'd better run!!!!

Comment

Well, I'm talking about American chicks...not those crazy Aussies! They're hawt, but they scare me sometimes!
                            My Sound Clips

Comment

Ok, all from the land of OZ, choose 1:

1) Beer

2) Meat

3) Babe

4) Guitar

5) Amp

6) Car

Cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by Will S-T View Post
                                Ok, all from the land of OZ, choose 1:

1) Beer - XXXX - I like anything that is popular enough in a province to be on tap most everywhere.

2) Meat - I've actually had Emu before and it was delicious. I would love to try Kangaroo.

3) Babe - I have to pick one? I've always liked Kylie Minogue

4) Guitar - Peter Crossly, without a doubt.

5) Amp - Reynolds Valveart really intrigues me, and their stuff looks beautiful.

6) Car - Don't know a thing about Aussie made cars, but how can you not love something so Australian sounding as the Goggomobil.

Australia is 2nd on my all time dream vacation places to visit....right after Europe. I would love to live abroad somewhere, sometime in my life and Oz ranks right up there at the top.

Hope I did a decent job!

Cheers mate
                                My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
                                X