This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LIVE - Q&A with Scott Ian - 9/8/10

Exactly, I wanted to know if you put the El Diablo in your new Soloists too!
    www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
      Hi Scott:

Can you please describe what it is about the El Diablo pickup (blade version) that appeals to you?

Thanks again for spending time with us.

- Evan
      The Diablo works at every level of tone I need. From my dense, chunking, edgy, rhythm tone to more hard rock AC/DC type tones to cleaning all the way up for parts, it does it all.

Comment

Good to have you here, Scott.

I've always enjoyed the humorous elements of Anthrax. Was it a conscious effort to infuse heavy metal with comedy?

Comment

Hi Scott:

This question also comes from someone who couldn't make it to the live chat. He wants to know if you've ever given any thought or been asked to produce music for bands other then the ones you play in.
          Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
          Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
            What kind of setup were you using on the first SOD album? That distortion tone was sick!
            My 81 Gibson V and my 82 Randy Rhoads were the guitars.
            Marshall JCM 800 with a TC Electronic Booster/Distortion in front of it.
            And my right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post
              Exactly, I wanted to know if you put the El Diablo in your new Soloists too!
              Yes I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanford View Post
                Good to have you here, Scott.

I've always enjoyed the humorous elements of Anthrax. Was it a conscious effort to infuse heavy metal with comedy?
                No, we're just ourselves. However who we are comes out in our music.

Comment

Actually I live in Queens, N.Y. There was one piece of trivia. I heard early on Anthrax helped out Metallica since Metallica arrived in the same studio to record their first album, which is where Anthrax was recording at the time, and Anthrax pretty hooked up Metallica cause they were starving. I heard the studio was in Queens, N.Y.

Living in Queens, I never knew of any studio (it was before my time), so I was wondering where it was so I could visit the site where 2 of the heaviest bands recorded their heaviest work (sorry if this 36 year old man now sounds like an insane obsessed teenager asking you these crazy questions). As far as I know it's probably gone now

Comment

Hi Scott,

It's a pleasure to have such a metal star on the forum, it's great!

bit of a lame question, but i wanted to know, when did you start playing guitar, what made/who influenced you want to learn guitar and what guitar did you learn to play on?

many thanks.
                    Last edited by Left_Hand_Strat; 09-08-2010, 03:26 PM. Reason: bad grammar
                    Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
                    you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Ian View Post
                      My 81 Gibson V and my 82 Randy Rhoads were the guitars.
                      Marshall JCM 800 with a TC Electronic Booster/Distortion in front of it.
                      And my right hand.
                      Thanks! I remember my friends and I listening to that album in high school trying to figure out how to replicate that sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                        Hi Scott:

This question also comes from someone who couldn't make it to the live chat. He wants to know if you've ever given any thought or been asked to produce music for bands other then the ones you play in.
                        Yes, and I have in the past but I am just too busy to be able to focus on that properly.

Comment

Scott,
                          What do the Big 4 concerts mean to you? Is it just another gig or do you step onstage and say, "Man, we're making history!"?

Also, what did you think when you first heard Metallica's black album? I know on their Year and a Half in the Life of Metallica DVD, Bob Rock said James was hesitant to sing Nothing Else Matters because of what Anthrax would think. Thoughts?

Comment

Scott:

I own a Jackson JJ bass from the mid-90s. Very cool short scale with a single Basslines Music Man-style pickup and active electronics. What was your involvement in the development of that instrument and what were looking for with that bass?
                            Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                            Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

My Favorite album ever is Among The Living. What makes that album so special in Your eyes? How come that thing is so differenet than anything else you did, especially different than the albums you made before. What was the inspiration?
                              Cheers, and happy new "Jewish" year
                              www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
                                Actually I live in Queens, N.Y. There was one piece of trivia. I heard early on Anthrax helped out Metallica since Metallica arrived in the same studio to record their first album, which is where Anthrax was recording at the time, and Anthrax pretty hooked up Metallica cause they were starving. I heard the studio was in Queens, N.Y.

Living in Queens, I never knew of any studio (it was before my time), so I was wondering where it was so I could visit the site where 2 of the heaviest bands recorded their heaviest work (sorry if this 36 year old man now sounds like an insane obsessed teenager asking you these crazy questions). As far as I know it's probably gone now
                                It was called The Music Building and it was in Jamaica Queens. It's long gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X