This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well CI: Jesus met the woman at The Well

Practice time, or live shows...which do you feel you learn the most from?

Do you , like me feel that maybe this place is a bit much like high school in that the popular kids prevail?
    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Good answers, dude. I've never even heard of Polk but he looks like a ****ing badass.
      I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
        Practice time, or live shows...which do you feel you learn the most from?

Do you , like me feel that maybe this place is a bit much like high school in that the popular kids prevail?
        Well, I learn more about playing live from playing live, but I'd say I learn the most as in the total number of things learned from practice, since that's more common and I learn more outside of performance.

+ isn't that the whole world, not just high school?
        Originally posted by krankguitarist
        And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Comment

Cool Well so far!
          What is the most disturbing color for you?
          What is the most annoying Instrument for your ears.
          Who is the most annoying singer?
          What about pets? Do you have pets? Do you love animals?
          I see you like Japanese culture. What about Akira, Hellsing, Captain Future, Bleach?
          www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Is that really you in the posted pics? I thought that was you in your avatar?
            My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
              Is that really you in the posted pics? I thought that was you in your avatar?
              My avatar is German actress Nicolette Krebitz, featured on the cover of New Order's 2001 album Get Ready. I wish that was me.
              And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Comment

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post
                Cool Well so far!
                What is the most disturbing color for you?
                Probably fuschia or certain shades of purple.

What is the most annoying Instrument for your ears.
                I used to not really like Saxophones and Accordions, but now I do...maybe harmonica.

Who is the most annoying singer?
                If you're talking voices, I really really do not like Katy Perry's "voice" at all ever. Mute. Mostly I get annoyed hearing my own voice.

What about pets? Do you have pets? Do you love animals?
                I don't have any pets right now, the dogs I've had through my life have passed on. Of course I love animals! I think sometime next year I'll get a pet, probably a dog. I like cats a lot but my girlfriend is allergic and she likes/wants dogs. Our tastes are different though, I like intelligent, sleek, austere breeds, being more of a cat person myself, and she likes big dumb messy dogs. I'm sure she'd appreciate the blue Italian Greyhound I want though

I see you like Japanese culture. What about Akira, Hellsing, Captain Future, Bleach?
                I like Akira, never got into Hellsing or Bleach, and hadn't heard of Capt. Future..
                My anime/manga tastes are kind of weird. I'm into a lot of magical girl stuff. I'm basically all about Sailor Moon. also Revolutionary Girl Utena.
                Some of my favorite Anime movies are Perfect Blue, Metropolis, Katsuhiro Ôtomo's Memories, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, Paprika...

I'm studying Japanese right now and once I feel fluent enough, I'm probably going to start reading manga .

Comment

Originally posted by RushOfBlood View Post
                  Probably fuschia or certain shades of purple.

I used to not really like Saxophones and Accordions, but now I do...maybe harmonica.

If you're talking voices, I really really do not like Katy Perry's "voice" at all ever. Mute. Mostly I get annoyed hearing my own voice.

I don't have any pets right now, the dogs I've had through my life have passed on. Of course I love animals! I think sometime next year I'll get a pet, probably a dog. I like cats a lot but my girlfriend is allergic and she likes/wants dogs. Our tastes are different though, I like intelligent, sleek, austere breeds, being more of a cat person myself, and she likes big dumb messy dogs. I'm sure she'd appreciate the blue Italian Greyhound I want though

I like Akira, never got into Hellsing or Bleach, and hadn't heard of Capt. Future..
                  My anime/manga tastes are kind of weird. I'm into a lot of magical girl stuff. I'm basically all about Sailor Moon. also Revolutionary Girl Utena.
                  Some of my favorite Anime movies are Perfect Blue, Metropolis, Katsuhiro Ôtomo's Memories, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, Paprika...

I'm studying Japanese right now and once I feel fluent enough, I'm probably going to start reading manga .

Sailer Moon's Kitch Level always amaze me

Purple is an interesting answer. Since it is the most confusing color for the brain. It is the end of the Scala, and has a very unique emotional effect. It touches the food, sex and wisdom centers in the brain. Pretty much connected with instincts and reactions.

A greyhound is a lovely dog, so are Whippeds. If she loves big dogs, and you intelligent sleek ones, why not a king sized Dobermann, or a Hovawart?

I wish I could read in Japanese. I love that language, but I am too busy with French now

Comment

Apple or PC?
                    I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post

Sailer Moon's Kitch Level always amaze me

Purple is an interesting answer. Since it is the most confusing color for the brain. It is the end of the Scala, and has a very unique emotional effect. It touches the food, sex and wisdom centers in the brain. Pretty much connected with instincts and reactions.

A greyhound is a lovely dog, so are Whippeds. If she loves big dogs, and you intelligent sleek ones, why not a king sized Dobermann, or a Hovawart?

I wish I could read in Japanese. I love that language, but I am too busy with French now
                      Exactly, I am all about kitsch and camp.

huh what is the "wisdom center" of the brain? Sounds interesting but I can't grasp things if they're not in scientific terms

Those are good recommendations, we'd talked about a doberman before, hadn't considered Hovawarts!

I took my attention away from learning Italian to switch to Japanese. I also have French and Portuguese on my list

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
                        Apple or PC?
                        Depends what you're doing. I can use both, more proficiently PC's since I've been using them since the days of MS-DOS, Windows 3.11, etc.
                        My mom was a computer science major in the 80's

Comment

Gonna wrap up pretty soon! Anything else? Who's next?

Comment

Originally posted by RushOfBlood View Post
                            Exactly, I am all about kitsch and camp.

huh what is the "wisdom center" of the brain? Sounds interesting but I can't grasp things if they're not in scientific terms

Those are good recommendations, we'd talked about a doberman before, hadn't considered Hovawarts!

I took my attention away from learning Italian to switch to Japanese. I also have French and Portuguese on my list
                            The Wisdom center is the "anterior cingulate cortex", but it's actually more of a network of decision making. The Purple has a strong impact on this network somehow. So does yellow and orange. Yellow rushes the brain and being to redecide in the same time. Orange has a carelessness effect on brain, but also smoothens rushed decisions.

The Hovawarts might have long fur and bit stronger body than you might want, but very intelligent, individual and balanced creatures. Maybe one of the 3 or 4 breeds you both might be happy with

Comment

What's going on this weekend rob?
                              I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
                                What's going on this weekend rob?
                                I haven't left the house in over two weeks now, don't think that's going to change.

I'll be just kicking it with my son, maybe play some Dr. Mario.

I'm studying this new video technique I'm experimenting with, blasting ambient doom metal into my ears at night, working on music, cleaning house, fighting off panic attacks, watching netflix movies.

I plan to list some vintage glasses, a rabbit fur coat, and a brooks brothers oxford shirt on etsy.com.

I should work out

Comment

Working...
                                X