Thinking about an octave pedal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinking about an octave pedal...

Big fan of the OC-3, most of the buyers sites seem to recommend that one too. Also toyed with getting a Micro POG, had a play around with one at Dawsons at it was surprisingly reactive for the price. This site is alright for recommendations https://guitaarr.com/pedals/octave-pedal-buyers-guide/

Comment

two posts and two links to your website... this is also a 9 year old thread

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        There are three types of octaves.
        -Octave Fuzz a la Octavia that uses ring modulation
        -Analog sub octave like the Boss that uses some sort of frequency halving
        -Digital octaves like the POG

Only the POG types can handle miltiple notes and chords. The POG works great for synthy or organ type tones. A boss Octave will give a sub-octave that's kind of cool for single notes and Octavias will sound like an octave fuzz, think Purple Haze solo.

For your use, a Micro POG plus modulation may work well.

(I guess there's also older digital pitch shifters like the old Eventides and Whammy, but other than the original Whammy they all sound like the solo in Owner of a Lonely Heart to me)
        I have micro POG. It's brilliant for those sax/keyboard tones for guitar.

also does nice dobling acoustic effect.
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I got a POG-like Ammonn pedal

I too want an OC3
          But the POG does up and down which is what I wanted
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

EHX Pitch Fork polyphonic, so it can also do chords and harmonize, So can a Boss Super Shifter plus a lot more -both are more powerful than an Boss OC2 or 3 which are single noters -good but very limited.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
              EHX Pitch Fork polyphonic, so it can also do chords and harmonize, So can a Boss Super Shifter plus a lot more -both are more powerful than an Boss OC2 or 3 which are single noters -good but very limited.
              I like the intuitiviness of micro POG three knob control: You can blend in as much up and low octave you want giving surprisingly wide range of effect from a simple pedal.

Pitch Fork is more of an octave/harmonizer multi-purpose tool. Somewhat same somewhat different.
              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I have an EHX Octavix which is an octave fuzz
                It is a cool pedal

It sounds much better when others play it
                Not so much me

I also have the Behringer version of the pitch shifter/harmonist pedal
                It has some things I like

I want.to connect my bass into the Ammonn POG like pedal
                Then into the Behringer Pitch shifter Harmonist type pedal

And then into that EHX Octavix pedal

And see if it comes out like that guy from Royal Blood
                Or some God awful mudd

Got my fingers crossed
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I've got a 'Mooer Pitchbox' & 'Donner Harmonic square'. The only thing I use them for is Andy LaRocque type lead tones. They both get the job done great for the fine cheap pedals they are
                  "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                  If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Stevie - subconsciously even you realize this is such a bad idea, that guilt prevented you from even posting it in the Pedal board! Hahahahahahahaha

Seriously - NO!

The Pitchfork reach was way better than Octave. I'd say find a good EHX synth pedal. Lots of options, I'm sure one would work for you.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I love octave pedals and have Micro POG, excellent tracking can get organ sounds or turn off the upper octave and just blend in the low octave for that thick sound. MXR Slash octave fuzz. Tons of settings and can turn off the fuzz. Doesn’t track as well for chords. Setting it on the sub octave fuzz it sounds huge and for leads it’s great. MXR Blue Box, just old school glitchy fun.

Comment

I have a ton of pitch/fuzz options in my H9. I play with them on and off but can never find an application for them. They are cool to noodle with. Even if I could work it into the set what could you use it on maybe one lead or riff? I love the Blue Box but it is way on the back burner of gear I "need". If I spot one used and cheap I could possibly pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                          Stevie - subconsciously even you realize this is such a bad idea, that guilt prevented you from even posting it in the Pedal board! Hahahahahahahaha

Seriously - NO!

The Pitchfork reach was way better than Octave. I'd say find a good EHX synth pedal. Lots of options, I'm sure one would work for you.
                          This thread predates the Pedal Board forum! [emoji12] Ironically I’m back playing as part of a 3-piece band again and still playing Video Killed The Radio Star!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Just bought a Pitchfork this weekend. HA!

Comment

I am a happy Digitech Drop user. It is not exactly an octaver but mode8 does deliver a spot-on single octave down sound that I use in a couple of songs. I think it has the fastest and most precise tracking on the market.
                              Last edited by NecroPolo; 04-23-2019, 04:23 AM. Reason: typos
                              Wackor
                              Ørdøg
                              NecroPolo
                              Diabolus in Musica
                              SIDrip Alliance
                              Book of Shadows
                              RKH

Comment

Other guitar player has a Drop.

I did a lot of research and it came down to Drop if all you want is drop, or Pitchfork if you want more fancy.

Comment

Working...
                                X