banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WELL, Well, well .....(106) What 'av we 'ere then?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WELL, Well, well .....(106) What 'av we 'ere then?

Oh man, It is a lovely bike indeed. You should visit North Germany for a "proper limit tests" heheh. Funny that even the black bike has some green somewhere
    BTW, you posted that you paint custom jobs on bikes. What about helmets?
    www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

What place would you describe as "paradise" for you.
      I certainly haven't found it yet anywhere, probably because if it's worth having, someone has already taken it!
      I'm a sucker for a warm climate,- shallow clear coastal waters and stress free existence.
      If I could survive on coconuts alone, I would retire tomorrow to a deserted island in Indonesia somewhere, I don't even think I would miss any modern technology which is really only a distraction anyway from the stresses of modern living.
      Wherever it was though, I would most definately need the company of at least one cute nymphette, preferably one for each day of the week, and also some male company to shoot the breeze with (otherwise I would be having conversations with the waves in a very short space of time.)
      But as they say, variety is the spice of life, so seasonal changes might be good for the soul, and without a little hardship, it can be difficult to appreciate the good times.
      Until I find a better climate with a stable economy and relaxed pace of life for me to chill and sculpt and get a suntan in the nip, I will be quite happy in my secluded retreat here in rolling countryside, appreciating nature in all its' finest.

Would you like to learn to fly an ultralight? Would you enjoy 3-4 hour flights around your shores?
      I certainly would, and I don't even think my fear of heights would get in the way. I've nearly beaten that fear anyway, the next big milesone is a parachute drop sometime in the new year.
      Quite a few people over here fly around in ultralights, it might even be a way to travel to work in x-tra cold weather!
      Last edited by Redmist; 12-09-2010, 08:32 AM.
      👣
      👣
      💀

Comment

What about helmets?
        I have painted a few helmets in the past, but it is fiddly enough, and a lot of modern injection-mold type lids do not take too well to the solvents involved. Fibreglass shell is ok, but I am always wary as to damaging the integrity of a helmet which might then not be as protective in a spill.
        👣
        👣
        💀

Comment

Which would you rather have?

A Monkey Maid?

Or

A Dragon that could play drums.
          It would have to be a dragon maid, or no deal. Certainly no quarter asked, nor given.
          👣
          👣
          💀

Comment

A) asleep and dreaming
            could do or have anything you wanted just by wanting it
            money's no object and please dont say Shania Twain
            There was a feeling I used to experience whilst dreaming when I was a lot younger. Very hard to define, but almost felt like being in the womb, with total tranquility and universal understanding. The world and everything in it made sense. There was no intrepidation, mis-understanding, or confusion about any facet of existence.

I would like to have that feeling in my dreams again sometime.

B) have you ever eaten

an oyster
            a booger
            a grasshopper
            An oyster has never passed my lips. I am not good with sea-food in general, but am certainly not partial to a spunk-consistency slime-ball of protein.
            Boogers were probably my staple diet as a kid, and although I can't remember eating a grass-hopper, I'm sure it could have happened in passing.....

C) three people living or dead you would like to have a five min or more conversation with
            Hmmm....

Off the top of my head....

My father... never really did have that important conversation before he passed away.
            Jimmi Hendrix .... seemed like an interesting bloke!
            That Jesus Christ fellow .... you never know, I might have learned something
            👣
            👣
            💀

Comment

Share some of your favorite "Irish" sayings with us.
              Being from the North, our coloquial sayings are different from the South.
              You will frequently hear....

"Wind yer neck in wee lad!" ..... meaning "stop being so petulent and pause for breath there, kind sir"

"Stand back and let the dog see the rabbit!" ...... meaning "If you could kindly stop making a balls of that and let a real expert look at the problem"

"Dead on" .... meaning simply all is sweeet!

"Catch yourself on!" ... meaning "Wise up" or "Come to your senses, and stop being a dick!"

"Bout ye mucker" .... meaning " I hope all is well in your world my good fellow"

"It's a mingin day fer a dander" .... meaning " It's a bit wet outside to go for a leisurely stroll"

"Yer man's a quare savage tool" .... meaning "That fellow really is quite the idiot."

"Thon spoon's away in the head" ... meaning " That fellow could do with some psychiatric assistance"
              Last edited by Redmist; 11-15-2010, 09:02 AM.
              👣
              👣
              💀

Comment

Also, share some of your favorite Irish foods or meals. We have a pretty decent Irish Pub here in Tulsa and they serve some well known Irish dishes, but I know they are nowhere close to being as good as the real stuff.
                Considering the ancestral land survived on what must have been raw potatoes and potato mash (poteen!), I don't know if we have that much in the way of country specific food. There is of course colcannon which is a white cabbage and mashed potato dish, although I have never tried it. Potato bread, however is made from mashed potato, flour and salt, and is a staple of the classic Irish breakfast along with Soda bread and black and white pudding. Soda bread is now available in England as well, but the traditional Potato bread does not seem to have caught on anywhere except Northern Ireland.
                Irish stew is bound to be represented in other countries, being a wholesome dish of lamb shin stock, with pieces of lamb, diced potato, various vegetable cubes and onion.
                In all honesty, apart from Irish stew and the Irish breakfast, everyone here tends to eat more traditional food such as roast meats, game, pasta and rice dishes, indian, oriental, spanish and mexican based recipes. Paying to go out for a meal demands Michelin star quality cooking to justify the prices, and every household here tends to have at least someone who is a good cook.
                Last edited by Redmist; 11-15-2010, 12:55 PM.
                👣
                👣
                💀

Comment

Also, if I were to visit Ireland, where should I start and where should I end? What are the top 3 or 4 "must see" type places. My wife is adopted and recently found out that her birth mothers side of the family is predominately Irish, so she'd like to learn more about that and visit Ireland one day.
                  Either start in Dublin, or Belfast and hire a car to drive round the coast.
                  I would start in Belfast and work counter-clockwise up the Antrim coast to take in the Giant's Causeway, then continue round the coast to Sligo and Donegal.
                  Most of the impressive stuff is down the west coast through Clare, Galway and Connemara, with beautiful lakes and mountains down in Cork. The Burren in Clare/Galway is unique and breathtaking.
                  Last edited by Redmist; 11-15-2010, 10:10 AM.
                  👣
                  👣
                  💀

Comment

Originally posted by Redmist View Post
                    Being from the North, our coloquial sayings are different from the South.
                    You will frequently hear....

"Wind yer neck in wee lad!" ..... meaning "stop being so petulent and pause for breath there, kind sir"

"Stand back and let the dog see the rabbit!" ...... meaning "If you could kindly stop making a balls of that and let a real expert look at the problem"

"Dead on" .... meaning simply all is sweeet!

"Catch yourself on!" ... meaning "Wise up" or "Come to your senses, and stop being a dick!"

"Bout ye mucker" .... meaning " I hope all is well in your world my good fellow"

"It's a mingin day fer a dander" .... meaning " It's a bit wet outside to go for a leisurely stroll"

"Yer man's a quare savage tool" .... meaning "That fellow really is quite the idiot."

"Thon spoon's away in the head" ... meaning " That fellow could do with some psychiatric assistance"
                    You guys are a funny bunch hehe.

Your description of paradise quite suits where I live, except the coconuts and nymphs LOL.
                    I asked the helmet question BC I would like to have a King Diamond Helmet. A Uvex Carbon Enduro Helmet. I like the Carbon look, but it is in Carbon finish which is everything but visible in the dark.

I really consider to get an Ultralight with floats. that will ease everyday life and small holidays

Cheers man! Great Well!

Comment

I had a look at that lid there now.
                      Looks sweet for your needs and good quality.
                      Carbon is a big no-no for any solvent spraying.
                      I sprayed a carbon tennis racket a few years back and it seemed fine, then imploded with a restring.
                      Not what you want on a spill dude.
                      👣
                      👣
                      💀

Comment

Originally posted by Redmist View Post
                        I had a look at that lid there now.
                        Looks sweet for your needs and good quality.
                        Carbon is a big no-no for any solvent spraying.
                        I sprayed a carbon tennis racket a few years back and it seemed fine, then imploded with a restring.
                        Not what you want on a spill dude.
                        Oh tahnx man! That was quick and painless there hahah.
                        The helmet is a winner indeed.one of the 2 which fit my head well (The other one is Arai Viper), and the only one which supports my riding position.

Comment

Thanks for the questions lads, - as this well seems to be drying up, I'm passing it on to Kam (Matt) next.

Cheers
                          T
                          👣
                          👣
                          💀

Comment

Working...
                          X