banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WELL, Well, well .....(106) What 'av we 'ere then?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WELL, Well, well .....(106) What 'av we 'ere then?

Top 5 movies?

Ideal pizza?

How do you eat an oreo cookie?

Say you win $10 million in the lottery, what are the first 5 things you do?

As far as your rig is concerned, describe your favorite sound that you get from it.

Favorite drink?

If you were given an unlimited budget to go on holiday, but could only go to one place, where would you go?

And what are your other hobbies?
    Probably something like Alien, Apocalypse Now, Carry on Screaming, Fear and Loathing and Bladerunner.

Ideal Pizza would be a thin crust base with some real food on top.
    Then I'd throw away the base.
    I hate Pizza.

I've never even heard of those cookies, but I neck a double packet of Jaffa cakes with a pint of milk in style.

10 big ones?
    I'd make sure everyone I cared about was comfy, including me, and give a fair bit away. Whichever five come first.

The sound I crave, with my rig or any other, is to have leaky and slightly compressed gain that isn't trying too hard, with more tight bottom end than the bass guitar, sliding at my will into feedback.

I tend to drink a lot of bottled Stella these days, but am well into fine wine and the odd aged whiskey and port. And everything else.

There's no-where I'd go back to, but I haven't spent some quality
    time in the right places in Thailand yet.

Cooking, fishing, shagging and working on the house seem to take up the rest of my hobby time. Apart from music and the band of course. And my bike.
    Last edited by Redmist; 11-09-2010, 03:46 AM.
    👣
    👣
    💀

Comment

sorry to hear about your cat.

were you always this chilled out?

Comment

I didn't realise that I was chilled out man.
        I'm glad you think so.

I probably used to be, and still can be, the most unchilled mind in my company at times.
        Rough with the smooth I guess?
        👣
        👣
        💀

Comment

"Waffle fries are amazing."

Agree or disagree?

Comment

"Waffle fries are amazing."

Agree or disagree?
            Never tried them.
            But if they are anything like Irish potato bread, then they get my vote!
            👣
            👣
            💀

Comment

You really do seem very relaxed.

What is your favorite possession?
              Originally posted by jmh151
              I'd hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the King of England
              Originally posted by jeremy
              like if we were walking down the sidewalk and you said "hey check her out" chances are i already saw her and mentally sodomized her
              Originally posted by grumptruck
              Media only reports on what the sheeple wanna see/hear/read.
              Sometimes not read.
              dats hard

Comment

What is your favorite possession?
                That would be a toss up between my Dean Hardtail, and the ZX10R Kawasaki.
                I'm also quite partial to coming home to the house which I spent so much time working on, and still feels like new - but then again, that really belongs to the mortgage company rather than me.

But it's a bit like everything else new - once I've had it a while and a bit of wear sets in, I don't molly-coddle it as much and it just turns into an old friend
                👣
                👣
                💀

Comment

Have you always lived here or have you travelled and lived abroad? If you have then what made you want to return to the dirty North?

What are your favourite places in and around Belfast to play/drink/chill/visit/whatever?

Are there any sweet local bands I should check out? Have you been in any other gigging bands recently?

Been to Glasgowbury? What'd you think of it? Any plans or desire to play at it?

What's your opinion of the so-called 'upper tier' of Northern Irish music at the minute? I'm thinking the ones that get all the credit, like ASIWYFA, Fighting With Wire, LaFaro, A Plastic Rose, Axis Of, Dutch Schultz, etc, etc?

Do those Coke ads with all the Belfast slang on them annoy you as much as they piss me off?

Holy Lands on St Paddys - Epic craic or disasterous lunacy?
                  I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Have you always lived here or have you travelled and lived abroad? If you have then what made you want to return to the dirty North?

What are your favourite places in and around Belfast to play/drink/chill/visit/whatever?

Are there any sweet local bands I should check out? Have you been in any other gigging bands recently?

Been to Glasgowbury? What'd you think of it? Any plans or desire to play at it?

What's your opinion of the so-called 'upper tier' of Northern Irish music at the minute? I'm thinking the ones that get all the credit, like ASIWYFA, Fighting With Wire, LaFaro, A Plastic Rose, Axis Of, Dutch Schultz, etc, etc?

Do those Coke ads with all the Belfast slang on them annoy you as much as they piss me off?

Holy Lands on St Paddys - Epic craic or disasterous lunacy?

I have travelled a bit around Europe and been to Cuba for a visit, but not the USA yet.
                    Lived near Amsterdam for a few months, many moons ago, too but I don't know if my head would survive living there permanently!
                    Since my brother lives near Galway in the west coast, I spend quite a bit of time over there too, but for the tranquility base and landscape, my retreat in Tyrone is hard to beat!

Belfast is a many striped beast which seems to change constantly these days.
                    Back in the day, there used to be full scale Woodstock-esque parties up at the Giants Ring, and full scale drug-fuelled street parties out the back of Laverys and Robinsons every weekend. Street drinking restrictions and the smoking ban haven't helped the scene much either, for the youth culture.
                    Having moved to Tyrone, I don't go out in Belfast as much as I used to, and mainly see new and old venues while gigging.
                    The usual suspects are Limelight/Spring and Airbrake, Laverys bunker, Pavilion, Auntie Annies, Empire and Black Box - although the Diamond bar in Ahoghil puts them all to shame for hospitality and sheer rock!
                    If I am out and about for food/ craic, I tend to go down to the Cathedral quarter these days. The Spaniard, Muriels, Nick's Warehouse etc. are hard to beat.

Kesus is my only gig project these days, which I started after getting back into guitar after a 15 year break in which I delved into the illustration and sculpture. Bands I used to be in were mainly metal cover bands from the age of 17 through 25. Nothing great to report from back then.

Great bands to check out live? ...... Yip.... I heard those KESUS fellas are good!
                    In fact we are playing this Saturday in the Limelight if you are about Also on the bill are Trucker Diablo and Dead Zebra.
                    Apparently Iago are back together, and well worth seeing if you get a chance.
                    I also like Old Season and Two Tales of Woe who we played with on the Dio tribute gigs.

Glasgowbury we applied for last year, though we weren't accepted, and have been faithfully told that they tend not to pick heavy rock/metal acts such as ourselves. Going to apply to play the Bulldog Bash next year instead.

Your list of 'upper tier' bands are alright, although I haven't heard them all play. They get a lot of gigs, which keeps them tight and popular.
                    But they're not as good as KESUS

Coke ads .... haven't really seen them yet.

Paddy's day lunacy? ..... the Holy Lands used to know how to throw a party, that's all I can say. I lived in a few of those streets when I was younger, before the punk Heroin grip.
                    👣
                    👣
                    💀

Comment

Ever been to Cork? Rory Gallagher home town.

As a motorcycle rider have you ever been to the isle of Man TT race?
                      "knowledge speaks,wisdom listens" Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Ever been to Cork? Rory Gallagher home town.

As a motorcycle rider have you ever been to the isle of Man TT race?
                        It's a long drive to Cork on less than ideal roads which takes about 8 hours or so. No internal flights to there until very recently.
                        I did spend some time in Cork as a teenager of 16, when I bussed it down with a couple of friends. We didn't spend much time in the city though, we were going down to visit my brother who had opened a hippy commune with about 20 other like-minded individuals, squatting in what had been half prepared as a retreat for the head of the Hari Krishna movement.
                        Breathtaking mountains and lakes everywhere. I'll never forget the German camper van which weighed in at one of the lakes, and out popped these German tourists in full wet gear and harpoons - they waded straight into the lake and swam off in search of pike!
                        I didn't meet Rory.

One thing about working in education is not being able to take holidays during term time, so I have not been able to go to the TT since getting this job.
                        Every year though, there is a closed road race about every two weeks from April to the end of August somewhere local, the highlight being the North West 200, which is as good as the TT.
                        👣
                        👣
                        💀

Comment

I hope this isn't too personal or political - Do you identify more as an Irishman or as a British citizen? Would you like to see a unified Ireland, keep the status quo, or what? If it's too personal to want to answer, I understand.
                          Facebook - My facebook page
                          Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

I hope this isn't too personal or political - Do you identify more as an Irishman or as a British citizen? Would you like to see a unified Ireland, keep the status quo, or what? If it's too personal to want to answer, I understand.
                            It's not too personal .... I think I could be honest about any subject, but I obviously don't want to get too political on the forum .....
                            There are always two sides to any situation where a rift in past history has seperated opinion.
                            Couple this with reactionary retaliation on both sides, and throw in a dose of media sensationalism and youth indoctrination, and you end up with an ongoing battle where the real issues needing addressed get totally forgotten about.
                            Most people, North and South, are not biggoted in the slightest. Never have been.
                            As usual, it is the extremists who shout the loudest and cause fear and loathing, but rational sane folks can always see through even the loudest bullsh!t.

Ireland has hit a political stalemate, where agreeing to debate has replaced the need to kill. Good move.
                            I see myself as Northen Irish. An identity not based on political preference at all, and certainly not swayed by any fantastical disparity in religeous belief. We are not British. We are not Irish in the traditional sense. We have our own culture, humour, atmosphere and pace of life quite distinct from British mainland and Southern Ireland.
                            In fact we are so cool, it's no wonder people are fighting to own us
                            👣
                            👣
                            💀

Comment

do you enjoy haggis?
                              Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                              Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Ya know, I only just tried haggis a few weeks ago, which is nuts considering the fact that my father's side was originally Scottish.

I had always thought it would be nasty stuff, complete with the sheep stomach, lung, kidney and such, but it was quite nice. Think of sausage with extra oatmeal in it.
                                Not something to make myself though, and the best stuff would undoubtably be served in Scotland itself.
                                There is a vegetarian version I would like to try sometime.
                                👣
                                👣
                                💀

Comment

Working...
                                X