banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WELL, Well, well .....(106) What 'av we 'ere then?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WELL, Well, well .....(106) What 'av we 'ere then?

Any more interesting questions lads?

You guys hardly know me at all yet.......
    👣
    👣
    💀

Comment

If you could hang out with one forum brother, who would it be?

If you could go on vacation (holiday) where would go right now?

If Obama changed his name to O'bama would be Irish?

What is your favorite college football team?

Are you able to own a firearm? What are the restrictions?
      I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

If you could hang out with one forum brother, who would it be?
        It couldn't just be one, the forum is too diverse with personalities

I suppose JohnJohn shares a lot of my interests in cooking and art, as well as the same taste in women and humour. The home cooking would be great!
        Keith always posted nearly exactly what I was going to post at times, and seems like a well balanced dude.
        Then of course, I would love a bike run with Guitfiddle, Jeremy or Daemon BBQ, and a treck up the mountain with Tor would be right up my street as well.
        A day spent with Lucid on the river would be similar to days I have myself, but I don't know if he could keep up with my pace of intoxication!
        In all honesty, I think I could spend time with almost any dude on this forum,- after all, we do all share the same passion for music and life. ... Don't we?

If you could go on vacation (holiday) where would go right now?
        Vacation right now would be hot, wet and relaxing,- it's been a busy few months, and funds have been stretched lately. I need a holiday!
        Of course there are plenty of places I want to see, U.S.A. included, but my next vacation is going to be an indulgent lazy affair on a cheap beach somewhere.

If Obama changed his name to O'bama would he be Irish?
        He would be as Irish as all the other Irish-Americans on your side of the pond.
        In other words, no.
        But he could then wear a large green felt hat with pride on Paddy's day.

What is your favorite college football team?
        We don't exactly have those over here ..... but I used to be a Man U supporter. Only family indoctrination though,- I don't watch much football these days apart from the world cup.

Are you able to own a firearm? What are the restrictions?
        Yeah, I can, and did, own a shotgun before,- and members and ex-members of the security forces may have handguns for protection. I don't shoot any more, as I got tired of chomping into lead when eating my kill. Rifle power is also allowed for hunting and gun club purposes, so long as you can prove sanity and security. The legislation is understandably very strict.
        I might own a gun again in the future, now I live in a rural setting with pheasant, deer, duck, rabbit and pidgeon for the pot.
        Last edited by Redmist; 11-12-2010, 08:59 AM.
        👣
        👣
        💀

Comment

Originally posted by Redmist View Post

Glasgowbury we applied for last year, though we weren't accepted, and have been faithfully told that they tend not to pick heavy rock/metal acts such as ourselves. Going to apply to play the Bulldog Bash next year instead.
          Yeah, the heavier side of things tends to be sorely unrepresented but I guess they have to stick with what's popular to keep the festival alive. I've been the last few years and it's pretty much always loads of craic. Never been to Bulldog Bash...I'll keep an eye on that one.

Your list of 'upper tier' bands are alright, although I haven't heard them all play. They get a lot of gigs, which keeps them tight and popular.
          But they're not as good as KESUS
          'Alright' is a word that would pretty much sum up my feelings about them. Some of those bands are amazing and put on a really good show but I only ask because I was reading an AU article recently that name-checked those guys and referred to them as the upper tier. It seems that they tend to get a lot of the credit and acclaim for the music scene around here when there's so many other great bands that fly under the radar.

Paddy's day lunacy? ..... the Holy Lands used to know how to throw a party, that's all I can say. I lived in a few of those streets when I was younger, before the punk Heroin grip.
          Hey man, jus because you're getting too old to keep up doesn't mean we don't still throw a great party.

Do you remember a chocolate bar called Zero? I remember getting them when I was a kid but I haven't seen them in years...
          I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Hey man, jus because you're getting too old to keep up doesn't mean we don't still throw a great party.

Do you remember a chocolate bar called Zero? I remember getting them when I was a kid but I haven't seen them in years...
            Let's just say that even my hardcore buddies from yesteryear tend to still whitey after a few hours in my company!

I do remember Zero bars, though I didn't eat many.
            I'm from the generation where Snickers used to be Marathon, and Galaxy chocolate used to be in the form of chocolate drops only, called Galaxy Stars, before the silky stuff became so popular. Curly Wurly bars used to be a foot long, and Tuborg Gold was the best lager in the world.
            👣
            👣
            💀

Comment

To not judge people by their appearance, be careful what you wish for, stand up for your values at all times or you become less of who you are, choose your future before your past does it for you, and feel the fear but do it anyway
              this, and other thought-provoking bits and pieces you've posted over the couple years i've been around, makes me wonder how much of your wisdom was learned by example (good or bad), and how much you've had to learn on your own... are there any specific experiences you'd like to share, and/or think people could learn from?

i get the vibe that you're a man with stories to tell.

Comment

EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I think it's a bit inevitable for everyone to get wiser as they get older, so long as there's plenty of experience to speed it along.

It would be easy to say that whatever I learn't, I did it the hard way, - but after any obstacle that I've been through, it's really the words of wisdom from other people as well as my own ponderings which lead to learning a valuable lesson.
                  If after working something out, I repeat the same mistakes, then I've really learnt nothing at all.....
                  👣
                  👣
                  💀

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                    Not even close, though that looks pretty delicious all the same.

How'd the gig go last night, man?
                    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Sorry man, pretty late to the Party. I was in Duisburg, Holland and Brussels in the same day LOL
                      Anyways, what makes your Kawa so cool for you. What exactly do you like about that bike?

What place would you describe as "paradise" for you.

Would you like to learn to fly an ultralight? Would you enjoy 3-4 hour flights around your shores?
                      www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

How'd the gig go last night, man?
                        I had a blast, dude!
                        Turned out to be only Trucker Diablo and ourselves, and that worked out great.
                        Average turn-out for the Limelight. Brian the soundman knows our sound well these days, and the sound on and off stage was bang on!
                        Bassist bust his low C after the second song, but had a new one on to finish the next song without any breaks. Almost looked like we knew what we were doing
                        Great warm up for headlining the Ma Nelsons gig.
                        Last edited by Redmist; 11-14-2010, 02:41 PM.
                        👣
                        👣
                        💀

Comment

Which would you rather have?

A Monkey Maid?

Or

A Dragon that could play drums.
                          88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
                          Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
                          Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
                          Vox NightTrain 50.
                          My Band

Comment

A) asleep and dreaming
                            could do or have anything you wanted just by wanting it
                            money's no object and please dont say Shania Twain

B) have you ever eaten

an oyster
                            a booger
                            a grasshopper

C) three people living or dead you would like to have a five min or more conversation with
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Share some of your favorite "Irish" sayings with us. Also, share some of your favorite Irish foods or meals. We have a pretty decent Irish Pub here in Tulsa and they serve some well known Irish dishes, but I know they are nowhere close to being as good as the real stuff.

Also, if I were to visit Ireland, where should I start and where should I end? What are the top 3 or 4 "must see" type places. My wife is adopted and recently found out that her birth mothers side of the family is predominately Irish, so she'd like to learn more about that and visit Ireland one day.

I always wished I'd had a little Irish in me.....I guess my wife will have to live with having a bit of me in her little Irish!
                              My Sound Clips

Comment

Sorry man, pretty late to the Party. I was in Duisburg, Holland and Brussels in the same day LOL
                                Anyways, what makes your Kawa so cool for you. What exactly do you like about that bike?
                                Hope your travel was hastle free dude!

I spend at least 2 1/2 hours a day in the saddle Mon - Friday all year round , so you get to know a machine very well.
                                Having moved from the Honda 600, which I rode for 8 years, then briefly on a GSXR1000, I had thought that I could tame The ZX10 within a few months. I've had the ZX10 now for 2 years and it took at least a year to be relaxed in it's company, it really is that much of a beast!
                                Being of small stature, I had been waiting patiently for 1000cc machines to be made small enough for me to feel confident chucking them around.
                                The ZX10 looks like someone took a large machine and put it through a car compactor before spraying it black,- it looks and feels like a solid cube of metal, with every space within the frame stuffed to the max with well engineered mechanics, yet at first glance might still look like a 600 sized bike.
                                This machine is the Kawasaki flagship, the one they put the most development into of all their products, to compete in a very competitive market. Everything is so well engineered from the best materials, and so far shows no signs of corrosion whatsoever, even though it has been through 2 salted-road winters.

Now the best part! It's a nice feeling knowing that you are the fastest vehicle on the road. Specs suggest 0 - 60 mph in 2.4 seconds, but in the real world it's more like 2.9 or so. Top speed stops reading at 189 mph, although it does nudge past that to mid 190s in the right conditions, standard gearing, you just can't see it on the clocks. I've only had it to 170 so far.
                                Power delivery is totally linear, so it will potter along at slow speed safely, but the injection is so well mapped that aggressive throttle use shows warp speed acceleration without the need to wheelie - I think I keep the front down by having all of my weight over the front due to my small stature reaching for the bars.
                                Slipper clutch and ohlins steering damper as standard, as well as titanium downpipes. Black nitride upside forks and wave disc radial brakes - all as standard.
                                The race geometry is so good that it coasts tight corners still fairly upright where the Honda would have been to the tyre wall at the same speed.

This being Northern Ireland, there is no grief about using loud pipes, and I run a set of Tubetech GP pipes which love to spit flames out the back on the over-run at about 8000rpm (handy for making tail-gating cars back off a bit!)

Overall, this machine just feels substantial. It rides like it's on tram lines and has a larger fairing than the 2010 model, so gives me more protection from the elements than skinny current designs.
                                But most importantly, this thing makes me smile every single day

Last edited by Redmist; 12-09-2010, 06:44 AM.
                                👣
                                👣
                                💀

Comment

Working...
                                X