This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Well CVII: Welcome To The Kama Sutra

Cheers to Redmist for keeping the Well in the country and passing the honour on to me.

So anyway...

...bring it, SDUGF.
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Re: The Well CVII: Welcome To The Kama Sutra

Banjo playing sheep

or

Surfer unicorn

Which would you rather have?

Also, who are your influences?
    88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
    Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
    Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
    Vox NightTrain 50.
    My Band

Comment

Oh man....here we go.
      My Sound Clips

Comment

Thin Lizzy

or

The Coors?

Comment

What kind of guns do you have?
          I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

it says you joined in 2005, but i hadn't seen you post until recently; what's with that?

Comment

Describe the best party you've ever been to ......
              👣
              👣
              💀

Comment

What is your fave music style , guitar and amp?
                www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Originally posted by dmandude123455 View Post
                  Banjo playing sheep

or

Surfer unicorn

Which would you rather have?
                  That's a tough one, man. See, I dig the sound of a banjo but it gets real old, real quick. So it's going to have to be one seriously skillful ****ing sheep. And in my experience sheep are only good for two things; eatin' and ****in'. So even though I'm not a fan of water I'll have to take the unicorn. As long as I don't have to play leap-frog with it, that is.

Originally posted by dmandude123455 View Post

Also, who are your influences?
                  That's tough too, actually. I have a tonne of influences but none of them have really influenced me all that dramatically. I'll take little bits and pieces from whatever I'm interested in. When I just started playing there were three guys I wanted to play like. They were Tom Morello, Kurt Cobain and David Gilmour.

Lately though, there's been a lot of different influences on me, a lot of them either friends or other local artists. Omar Rodriguez Lopez is a big influence on me, though mostly his earlier work with At The Drive-In. I'm influenced a lot by bands like Isis, Pelican, Red Sparowes, And So I Watch You From Afar, Mogwai, UpCDownC and other post rock, instrumental stuff. I take a lot of influence from a lot of more electronic music as well; like Portishead, Massive Attack and other bands like that. I'll 'borrow' stuff from classical music, blues, classic rock, traditional Irish music...just anything that sounds relatively good to me, really.

tl;dr: I'm a hack and I'll steal ****ing anything from anyone.

Probably two of my biggest influences right now:

Both these bands have now broken up, unfortunately. Most of my favourite bands have.
                  Last edited by Kam; 11-17-2010, 08:16 PM.
                  I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
                    Oh man....here we go.
                    Yeah, man...

...excited?

Originally posted by Will S-T View Post
                    Thin Lizzy

or

The Coors?
                    If you're offering me Thin Lizzy or beer then I'll take the beer. If you actually meant The Corrs, then I'll take them all simultaneously. Except for the dude. He can film or something.

Truth is, I've never been a huge Thin Lizzy fan. I don't care if that makes me unpatriotic, their style never really did anything for me. I liked a lot of Gary Moore's stuff but Lizzy were fairly hit or miss for me.

Originally posted by Bones View Post
                    What kind of guns do you have?
                    I own a daisy rifle and I had a pretty awesome super soaker when I was a kid. Other than that, none whatsoever. Probably never own one, either. It's cool, though. I know if I'm ever in a situation where I need one you'll have my back, right?

Comment

Originally posted by dr. ad View Post
                      it says you joined in 2005, but i hadn't seen you post until recently; what's with that?
                      Yup, I joined up in 2005 to ask some dumbass question about neck radii (that's the plural, right?). My first thread got one reply...from Zerberus, I think. Anyway, I made about 14 posts and then disappeared for a couple of years until I got bored enough to come back.

I lurked for a bit to find out what kind of pickup would be good in my Pacifica but once I had it sorted I suddenly remembered that I had a login for this place and decided to make a wee post thanking everyone for turning me on to the Custom8, got hooked and the rest is history.

It's kinda like smoking, ya know? Once you start, you never really stop...

Originally posted by Redmist View Post
                      Describe the best party you've ever been to ......
                      Dude, if I could remember it then it wouldn't be the best party I've been to, would it?

There's a few that stand out, I guess...it's just that details are a bit fuzzy on most of them. Here's a few highlights:

My senior school formal was pretty awesome. I wore a kilt and ended up drinking on a beach in Jordanstown until about noon the next day.

There was a really epic three day party in my friend's grandma's house. I was in a band at the time and we were supposed to be playing the first night and it all just got a bit out of hand, really. Somebody dyed my hair red while I was passed out the first night. We were standing in the kitchen the next morning, still completely hammered. Anyway, I was leaning against the wall and I kept sliding down it like I was about to pass out and then righting myself. When I went back in later there was a red zig-zag line around about half the kitchen wall where my head had been rubbing against it. That was the last time I drank vodka, not so coincidentally.

I was at a party organised by the same girl about a year later that ended with my friend crashing her dad's car into the wall of the house. Not much damage was done but we weren't invited back...

A friend and I carried a naked chick through the street for a while trying to find her house (to bring her home safely, you judging bastards) before going on a ****ing stupid and dangerous joyride with a severely drunken driver. I regret that one.

The best one, though, was about five or six years ago. There's a primary school that I won't name that we used to climb into to skateboard. We'd been doing it for monthes and the crew just sort of gradually got bigger. One weekend we brought up stereos and barbeques and...I don't know what happened. More and more people just started showing up until there were maybe fifty people. Maybe more, I can't remember. The whole playground was pretty much filled. There was different music coming from every corner, there was food cooking, there was pleasant smelling smoke coming from certain circles and everyone was having a good time. It was a great day during the summer and no one was really drinking, just chilling and laughing and having fun. That's probably the friendliest atmosphere I've ever been in, to be honest.

Jesus Christ, I can ramble...

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                        I joined up in 2005 to ask some dumbass question about neck radii (that's the plural, right?)
                        or radien, in ze cherman

Comment

Are you as ___ as they say you are?
                          " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Originally posted by dr. ad View Post
                            or radien, in ze cherman
                            Well thanks, man. If I'm ever trying to tell a German how to 'shelf' something then that information could come in pretty handy.

Originally posted by bluesbend View Post
                            Are you as ___ as they say you are?
                            Yeah, man. Just ask your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                              Well thanks, man. If I'm ever trying to tell a German how to 'shelf' something then that information could come in pretty handy.
                              in my experience, ze chermans either won't need to be told, or shouldn't be spoken to about it at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X