How did it all go?
    👣
    👣
    💀

Comment

Re: The Well CVII: Welcome To The Kama Sutra

Originally posted by Redmist View Post
      Originally posted by Kam View Post
      lol. I can't believe it took you guys this long to turn the conversation to phalluses. Wait...phallusi? Whatever.

I've played in three bands. One never really got out of the garage phase, which is probably just as well. We were ****ing awful.

The other one was pretty good; I played in what was pretty much a backing band for a tremendously talented girl that I've known for almost ten years. She's an incredible classical guitarist, a great singer and she writes some really great, very honest songs. She's put her musical projects on hold for a bit while she's studying medicine, which is a shame but totally understandable. We only played maybe two or three gigs but it was a very cool experience and totally outside my comfort zone.

I was in a band for about four years called Dirty Dellaway. We had a myspace here which hasn't been updated in years (since we broke up) but it still has our first demo uploaded. I started off playing guitar but when our bassist left I took over on bass duties.

When we recorded the songs on the Myspace I'd only been playing bass for a few months and had no clue about anything to do with music theory so it's just pretty boring root notes sort of thing. As we went on I gradually improved and embellished all my parts, turning them into something vaguely recognisable as something worth playing.

The singer/lead guitarist was a genius. He'd been playing some sort of instrument since he was no age, he had perfect pitch and he was the star of the school orchestra. He was also ****in' nuts. When he left we went through two other singers and then we gradually fizzled out. Most of the writing we did after he left was done by myself and the drummer and, in my opinion, slays anything we ever properly recorded. The rhythm guitarist was completely unreliable and fairly uncreative. When it got to the point that we hadn't gigged in over a year and were practicing once or twice a month I'd had enough and left. The others folded pretty swiftly afterwards.

It's a shame, really. We had some real chemistry, we wrote some decent songs and we put on one hell of a live show. I wish we could have went out with more of a bang but them's the breaks, eh.

I really miss playing live, though. Some of my best memories were formed on a stage.
      I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

dress to the left or to the right?
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

There's a couple of cool dudes I met recently, about your age, about to kick out their guitarist cause he's a prick. They seem like sound lads and are looking for a new guitarist if you're interested?
          The bassist also sings so it would be a three piece.
          👣
          👣
          💀

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
            dress to the left or to the right?
            Sorry, I refuse to answer political questions.

Originally posted by Redmist View Post
            There's a couple of cool dudes I met recently, about your age, about to kick out their guitarist cause he's a prick. They seem like sound lads and are looking for a new guitarist if you're interested?
            The bassist also sings so it would be a three piece.
            To be honest, I'm kinda in to just doing my own thing right now. I'm working on getting my sound together, along with a decent recording setup and seeing where it'll take me.

That's definitely interesting, though. Where are they based and what kind of music are they playing?
            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I'll PM some stuff
              👣
              👣
              💀

Comment

so boots or sandals?

how many shoes have you got?

does one ever need more than three pair?
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

so boots or sandals?
                  Boots. Sandals are for women, ******bag tourists and messiahs. Sandals and socks simaltaneously should be grounds for immediate execution.

how many shoes have you got?
                  Nine, actually. Four pairs and a random old ripped Converse. No idea where the other one is.

does one ever need more than three pair?
                  Probably not, but if wives can't spend money on shoes then it's gonna be a lot harder to convince them to let us spend money on gear, right?

^^^Ya see that? I just made a joke about something I have no experience with at all. This internet thing's easy.

Comment

In the way of all wells that erupt and spew noxious gases and flammable, toxic liquids all over your delicate ecosystem, it's now time for this ***** to be capped until someone can figure out how to tap it, exploit it for profit and then probably blow it up and kill a whole bunch of cute little ducks and fish and ****.

Cheers to Redmist for giving me the chance to bore you all with my anecdotes and pointless stories and thanks to everyone who took part. It was both fun and a nice way to kill a decent portion of my boring week. Here's to you, me boyos!

Up next is the dude with the unusually large dishes, the one...the only...Mr. Ehdwuld. He's a cool guy who's ****ing hilarious so everyone should ask him some awesome questions.

So, I'll leave you with these final words of wisdom: Beat your wife, not your meat.

I'm the **** outta here.

Last edited by Kam; 11-28-2010, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X