This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well CVII: Welcome To The Kama Sutra

How many Kama Sutra positions have you actually tried?
    👣
    👣
    💀

Comment

These are always good for making you delve deep into your soul......

what is your highest level of education

where were you born?

what is your occupation

what is the single most important accomplishment you'd like to achieve before you draw your final breath

what accomplishment have you achieved that is your proudest

what accomplishment have you achieved that is your most profound regret

what do we not know about you that you'd like us to?

what do we think we know about you that is false

what are some of the philosophical truths that guide you in your day-to-day?

what did your parents/family of origin do well that you hope to emulate?

what did your parents/family of origin do not well that you hope to improve upon ?

favorite childhood memory?

tell us one thing that was true about you 5 years ago that is no longer true and you are happy that it is not true

tell us one thing that was true about you 5 years ago that is no longer true and you are sad that it is not true

tell us one thing that is not true today but you hope will be true about you in 5 years that you welcome

tell us one thing that is not true today but that is likely to be true about you in 5 years but that you hope to avoid

tell us of your most influential romantic relationship - how did it start - how did it end (if it has ended) - how did it influence who you are today

what one thing (that is not about your physical appearance) would you change about yourself today if you had a magic wand that would serve this purpose
      👣
      👣
      💀

Comment

^ Man, T4D's gonna be pissed...
        I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post
          What is your fave music style , guitar and amp?
          Fave musical style is hard to answer because I like and respect so many completely different styles. I'll basically listen to anything that makes me feel something. And I don't just mean sombre, melancholic music made by old men with a solid grasp on minor pentatonics. I really hate that most people think that 'emotional' music is solely the territory of slowly played blues licks and fingerpicked minor chords on an acoustic. People seem to forget that anger, hatred, bitterness, joy, elation, etc, etc all fall within the emotional spectrum and I can get into any music that does a good job of portraying ANY kind of emotion...as long as it's genuine.

The style I listen to the most would be hard rock, as long as it's more influenced by punk than metal. It's hard to imagine anything that turns me off more than '80ies style metal and hard rock. I just loathe it. I really like spacey, post-rock, instrumental kind of stuff too and I really, really like bands that manage to fuse that style with good solid rock. Heavy and atmospheric in perfect balance is something I've always tried to create. Usually with very little success.

I've always been turned off by anything that's too intricate and polished. Harmonised guitars are hell for me.

The perfect way for me to describe my preference is to use the example of the band Thrice. The Alchemy Index: Fire is one of my favourite records. However, there are very few albums I own that I dislike as much as The Artist In The Ambulance. If you've heard them then you know how different the style of each album is. Just extrapolate that over the entire rock genre and you'll get me. I think.

I really should stop typing so much. On to gear:

If you mean gear that I own then it's probably a toss up between my two Laneys, an old AOR (from the year I was born) and a much more recent LV300 (a hybrid). The LV gets way more use because I really like the overdrive channel and the AOR needs pedals (which I don't really own) and volume to sound good. If I had to just take one then I'd probably take the AOR, though. It was my first tube amp and I trust it more than any other gear I own. My guitar would be my SG copy. Mahogany(esque) body, a C8 and a '59n. Unparalleled playability and a great, solid and very versatile sound.

If you meant dream gear...then probably an Orange. Probably a Rockerverb. I really, really dig the sound from those things. Guitar would be a real nice SG and a great Tele. There's very little I want to do that I couldn't do with a set up like that.

Mmmm....

Incidentally, that last Tele Custom is very similar to something I plan to be building very soon.
          I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Redmist View Post
            How many Kama Sutra positions have you actually tried?
            All of them. It still counts if I try them on my own, right?

Nah, just the regular ones. I'm not really into the idea of learning olympic grade gymnastics and warming up for thirty minutes just to disappoint a girl and have my minute of fun.

EDIT: I did actually receive a copy as a gift from a friend once but apparently she didn't want to help me try them out. ****in' tease.

Comment

^ Man, T4D's gonna be pissed...
              I doubt that man, it's just a great way to start a well....

What, in your opinion, are the best jeans for a 40 year old to gig in?
              👣
              👣
              💀

Comment

what is your highest level of education
                A level. I took English Literature, Art and Moving Image Arts. I got two As and a C and you get twenty points if you guess which one I got the C in. I also studied two terms of Philosophy at Queens before dropping out and studying Music Technology at BMC before also dropping out of that. I guess those don't really count.

where were you born?
                Right here in good old Belfast. My parents lived all their lives here (so far) and I'll probably be the same.

what is your occupation
                Currently unemployed and leaching all your taxes. Suckers.

what is the single most important accomplishment you'd like to achieve before you draw your final breath
                To become someone that I can be proud of, I guess. I'd love to craft at least one piece of music that I can truly say was completely honest. Something striking in either beauty or ugliness but that actually says everything about me. I'd like to be able to sum myself up in something like that, even though I know it's impossible. I guess my main priority in life is to raise a family. I'd love to meet a girl to build a home around. I'd love to have kids and do a good job raising them. Which is weird, because I've never really been much of a family kinda guy. I have a great family that I'm just not that involved in...but I guess you always want what you don't have, right?

I mean, not yet. Definitely not ****in' yet. I'm not done being a kid myself, yet.

what accomplishment have you achieved that is your proudest
                Honestly, I haven't really acheived anything that I'm all that proud of. I'm still alive, which is pretty cool. I have incredible friends who I've known for over half my life, which is an acheivement. Apart from that...nothing really. Actually, I dunno; having the lowest rate of attendence in school and not getting kicked out is something that still makes me smile.

what accomplishment have you achieved that is your most profound regret
                I've become a pretty ****ty guitarist, which I kinda regret. I've changed a lot since I was a kid...I regret a lot of stuff I said and did back then. Certain words should never have passed my lips, certain rocks should never have left my hand and I definitely should never have been so weak. I regret that.

In my own selfish way though, I guess my biggest regret is not saving a certain relationship. It was well within my power to do it...but I didn't. That's something I still think about almost daily.

what do we not know about you that you'd like us to?
                I doubt that any of you really know much about me at all and to be honest, there isn't a whole lot to know. I'm pretty boring. So yeah...I dunno. I'll come back to this one. Maybe.

what do we think we know about you that is false
                That I'm not as funny as I think I am. I'm actually well aware that I'm not funny.

Ain't gonna stop me trying though.

what are some of the philosophical truths that guide you in your day-to-day?
                I have a different philosophical truth for every day. All of them are pretty much pointless and meaningless and end in drunken, dumbass, pompous, psuedo-intellectual rants to a group of bored friends that just wish I would shut the **** up.

I guess my latest one is that thoughts and words are ****ing useless without actions to back them up. I hope I stick with that one. At least until I'm rich.

what did your parents/family of origin do well that you hope to emulate?
                They raised me well.

what did your parents/family of origin do not well that you hope to improve upon ?
                They raised me too well.

Comment

favorite childhood memory?
                  A vague example: Skimming stones. I love skimming stones. My dad taught me how to do it and I'll teach my kids how to do it. It's a special, sacred image for me...though don't ask why. I have no idea. It's just beautiful.

A more specific example: My dad went on a trip when I was a kid. I was like five or six years old, I think. It wasn't a long trip or anything, just a week in Dublin with some friends to run the marathon. When he came back he brought me gifts; a box of chocolates and a teddy bear (I still liked teddy bears when I was five...I don't know if that's embarrassingly late in life and frankly I don't care). Anyway, when he came back I had this huge fight with him. I have no idea what it was about but I said some pretty savage things that I had no business saying to him. I tried to run away but he stopped me at the gate and pretty much forced me back into the house. I was crying and screaming and cursing and trying to fight him off me and whatever. That wasn't normal for me...I really wish I knew what made me so upset.

Anyway, I ran to my room and I took the teddy bear that he had given me and threw it out into the hall and lay in my room crying for hours.

He came up later and didn't say anything, just put the bear in my arms and patted me on the head. That was all it took. I guess that was it...I knew it was okay and that I was forgiven and that he was there for me. That was a good feeling. Just being forgiven and accepted. I still remember that pretty vividly.

Actually, apart from at a funeral, I'm pretty sure that was the last time I've cried. Huh.

tell us one thing that was true about you 5 years ago that is no longer true and you are happy that it is not true
                  I'm not a virgin any more. Woo!

tell us one thing that was true about you 5 years ago that is no longer true and you are sad that it is not true
                  I was a lot more optimistic back then. I'd like a little of that back.

tell us one thing that is not true today but you hope will be true about you in 5 years that you welcome
                  Hopefully I'll have a little more direction and meaning in my life. Some more education would be nice too.

tell us one thing that is not true today but that is likely to be true about you in 5 years but that you hope to avoid
                  Judging by my hairline, I'll probably be well on my way to being bald. I'm not looking forward to that. No offence, of course.

tell us of your most influential romantic relationship - how did it start - how did it end (if it has ended) - how did it influence who you are today
                  That's going to be one of my big old stupidly long, self-important, rambling answers that no one will read. I'll come back to it when I have more coffee in my system.

what one thing (that is not about your physical appearance) would you change about yourself today if you had a magic wand that would serve this purpose
                  I can't pick one thing, I'd change pretty much everything.

I guess it's a toss up between not being so directionless and not being hurt so much by everything.

Probably the directionless thing.

Christ, man. That took it out of me. I'm starting to develop the claw, I think...
                  Last edited by Kam; 11-18-2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

^ Kudos to anyone who actually made it through all that ****.

Comment

If you could go on vacation anywhere in the states right now, where would it be?

What kind of toppings on your pizza do you prefer?

Have you ever gone to jail? Care to tell us what for?

If you could slam any 3 famous females right now, who would they be?
                      I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

I doubt that man, it's just a great way to start a well....

What, in your opinion, are the best jeans for a 40 year old to gig in?
                        **** man, as long as they're not crotchless then you're probably okay. Jeans are timeless. I like ripped up jeans but obviously whatever suits you.

And thanks for being the first person to ever ever ever come to me in search of fashion advice. I can cross that off the aul bucket list now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
                          If you could go on vacation anywhere in the states right now, where would it be?
                          I've been to the States a couple of times, actually. NYC thrice, Orlando twice, Tampa once and Washington D.C. once. I loved it each time. I met some really incredible, warm, friendly people who did nothing but make me feel welcome and happy in your country.

I have plans to visit again some time next Autumn. If everything works out then I'll be spending some time in San Francisco, Nevada, Vegas and then staying a while up in Oregon.

I'm actually a lot more interested in seeing the lesser known parts of America, the wilderness and the small towns and countryside. I'd love to visit Yellowstone. I'd love to see Seattle and some of the surrounding landscape. I'd love to take a roadtrip across the country, through the deserts and the mountains and all the impressive terrain that America offers. NYC and D.C. were the only cities I really had a huge desire to see, now I'm more interested in small town America. Just the regular country and regular people. Hopefully it's something that I'll get to do before I die. After seeing more of Europe it's very close to the top of my list.

Just wanna see what all the fuss is about, really.

What kind of toppings on your pizza do you prefer?
                          I'm a lot more fussy about the base of a pizza than what's on top. That's what makes or breaks a good pie for me. I'd probably go with spicy chicken, green peppers, olives, onions, jalapenos, some nice cheese and plenty of grease.

Have you ever gone to jail? Care to tell us what for?
                          Never been to jail but I've come close a couple of times. Getting chased by the police used to be a hobby of mine. I always managed to evade them, though. Just stupid kid ****, really. If they really wanted to arrest me then they would have caught me.

A cop totally wiped me out once. I was running and he pretty much clotheslined me, completely flooring me. I didn't even see him and before I knew it I had my face in the ground and his knee in my back with him telling me I was being arrested. Lucky break though; I was in a pretty big crowd and evidently someone behind me did something much worse than me because he got off me and went to grab someone else, completely ignoring me. I didn't really know what to do so I walked away kinda slow and confused but he didn't come after me. I wish I could find whatever guy distracted him and shake his hand.

That's about it, really. I've never been in any real serious trouble with the law.

If you could slam any 3 famous females right now, who would they be?
                          ****...probably the toughest question so far. Pretty much any girl that Jessie posts a picture of. That dude has impeccable taste.

Though, I obviously would have a hard time turning down any of these three:

Just off the top of my head, really. I'm not exactly up to date on current famous women. I should work on that.
                          Last edited by Kam; 11-18-2010, 07:45 PM. Reason: Ridiculously large Rhona replaced by perfectly sized Evangeline.

Comment

asleep and dreaming
                            could do or be anything money is no object neither is common sense or the laws of physics ( and of course the Shania Rule )
                            go

ever eat
                            an oyster
                            a booger
                            a grasshopper

three people living or dead you'd like a 5 min conversation with
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

^ What's the Shania rule again?

Comment

it is generally accepted that any male, who could do anything, would do Shania Twain

so please dont just say Shania Twain
                                EHD
                                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                                X