guitar, neck, fingerboard wood specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitar, neck, fingerboard wood specs

can you guys list the woods from the brightest wood to the ones that are bassier for the guitar body and also, what does neck and fingerboard wood add to the overall tone. thx

just go to warmoth.com they have a pretty good discription of the woods they can use and they cover the major tone woods. I do not think they are in order though they tell you if the wood is bright or if it is warm and they have a picture of the grain too.
    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Another good site in addition to Warmoth.com
      -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
      I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

wow that sites quiet interesting...
          Marshall JVM 410C
          Mesa Boogie DC-3
          ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
          1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
          2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
          2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
          1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
          2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
          1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

well for warmer tones KOA, Korina and Mahogany, Rosewood
            For Brighter tones Walnut, Maple, Ash, Ebony

I love warm tones and wanna build a guitar outof Korina or Mahogany with a maple neck
            (Duncan pickups of course!)
            sigpic
            Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
            JFG Flying V,
            "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
            John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Combining woods can be good too. Mahogany bodies with a maple top give you warmth and some bite. This is a big part of the Les Paul/PRS sound. Strats made with a Koa(!) or Mahogany body and a maple neck can sound really good too. Same concept applies to a Rosewood fingerboard on a maple neck.

Mike

Comment

well, i got an alder body, mahagony neck with rosewood fingerboard.. as much i've seen from the grain pics, the neck is santos mahagony... pretty much what my gutiar sounds like also.. i wonder how it will sound with the C5

Comment

I guess I don't necessarily apply to the standards. Play a wood(fingerboard) that feels good. On an electric guitar most of the tone comes from the PUPS and the amp!!!!! Body woods, mahogany will have more bottom than alder.
                  "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                  "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
                  X