Clear All

• LSR tuners

Are they still around?
    Me(n)tal Distortion

Re: LSR tuners

they are no longer in business

Comment

How does THAT work? It looks like half the mechanism is on top of the wood!
      Originally posted by jmh151
      I'd hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the King of England
      Originally posted by jeremy
      like if we were walking down the sidewalk and you said "hey check her out" chances are i already saw her and mentally sodomized her
      Originally posted by grumptruck
      Media only reports on what the sheeple wanna see/hear/read.
      Sometimes not read.
      dats hard

Comment

It's a freakish design that somehow works just like a regular tuner, except with a higher gear ratio. Fewer turns to target, more precise control, etc.

Last I heard Ed Roman bought the rights to LSR. However, I can't imagine him paying for the rights to anything, so I'd assume he somehow swindled them.

Either way, go with Sperzel. Besides, the LSRs look like you've got !!!!!! going across the head
        Originally posted by Brown Note
        I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
        My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by SamusChief View Post
          How does THAT work? It looks like half the mechanism is on top of the wood!

If you go down to page 8 (tuners section) they describe it pretty thouroughly.

Yeah the working design is weird, completely another story...The mechanism just locks the string and pulls it to tune it up. Not wrapping etc. Very fast restringing once you get familiar with.

The design is ok with me. No problem with that (ok for an industrial looking guitar I'd like ). But it seems they couldn't find a factory to produce them. I read that in 2009 they were looking for someone to manufacture their products but still....
          Last edited by Metalblaze; 11-26-2010, 01:55 AM.
          Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Ed Roman has the rights for the US but doesn't do anything with it. Warwick/Framus have the European rights.
            "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

Originally posted by John_L View Post
              Ed Roman has the rights for the US but doesn't do anything with it. Warwick/Framus have the European rights.
              Do Warwick/Framus sell them too? Or maybe they have stock(?).
              Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Sadly no they were selling them last year. But don't have them on the website now. Or I couldn't find them.
                "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
                  Last I heard Ed Roman bought the rights to LSR. However, I can't imagine him paying for the rights to anything, so I'd assume he somehow swindled them.

Comment

Originally posted by John_L View Post
                    Oh, ok. Thanks anyway.
                    Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Working...
                    X