banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well CVIII, Life According to EHD..........

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well CVIII, Life According to EHD..........

Ben Harper's incredible. Quite a varied taste you have there.

I'm actually gutted that I forgot about Rachel McAdams when I got asked that question. She's superb.
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

have you seen her in Sherlock Hoomes?

Just frking stunning
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

that selection from Tracy Chapman is just so stirring
        each time it comes up on my shuffle I have to replay it
        EHD

Comment

as the sun sets down in silence
          on evenings misty shore
          young hearts dont quest for violence
          as their fathers did before
          and that angry young man
          reaching out his hand
          can yearn for so much more
          than a brimming glass
          of those days gone past
          and that voice so so full of scorn
          those endless nights
          with their flashing lights
          and the pounding at the door
          echos in the gloom
          sirens set the tune
          for the voices from the void
          EHD

Comment

The story of the well

I used to believe in astral projection
            where your soul leaves your body and does stuff whilst your unconscious
            Anyways, when I was 16 I lay in bed one night and attempted to release my soul
            relaxed felt a tingling come over my feet, then up my legs
            covered my chest and as it moved across my eyes I exhaled,,,,, and I was out
            Oh my God, I am floating above my body, looking down on it. and drifting upward
            thru the ceiling into the attic, above the house,the whole street I live on is below me.. the city... soon the coastline of Florida.... on and on till the entire earth is just another shiny dot in the sky, indistinguishable from any other star then the sun becomes only a star in the darkness .... soon I am unable to tell where I came from. I must look to where I am going.

After a bit I find one star getting brighter, and soon realize it is a planet
            I swoop in over this lush meadow, I can see trees in the distance but can never reach them,( it is some years later I realize when flying over treetops they look like grass and the trunks are only visible at a distance.)
            at the end of the trees I come upon a whirling sandstorm beige whiteout, swirling around me, but I feel no stinging sand hitting me.
            I then see the eye of the storm, a small clearing, round where the sands are still in the center there is a pile of rock with straw or thatch over them
            A Well

as I approach the well a figure comes from behind the well and asks quietly what am I doing there "it isn't my time" I ask where is it that I am. He calls it by name, but I cant remember now, something like the turning point, gate, crossroad, something like that

He was wearing a brown cloak with a hood, Frightened I asked if he were Death
            He pulled back the hood and said no he was the "gate keeper"?

So remembering my Baptist upbringing I immediately call him Gabriel, then correct myself as Gabriel is the one with the trumpet ( he said it wasn't a trumpet but thats how they announced stuff at the time and while it wasn't a trumpet it would be obvious whatever it was )Peter? yea thats it Peter
            alas that too was wrong he gave his name and I of course cannot remember what it is now

while we were talking some people came forward thru the sand and he politely paused and instructed them to pass "just the other side of the Well, and all would be fine "

I asked the meaning of life
            he said the reality ( the extent of the 6 senses we have ) cannot be experienced by a non physical being. this reality was created and we were put here and this being inhabits us all in order to experience it
            the smell of fresh cut grass , a sunrise , surprise when something happens

anyways he tole me I had to go back, I told him I was just gonna run by to the other side of that well and follow those other people
            but he said I had things to do, I asked what they were so that I could do them and come right back. He said it doesn't work like that and that things happen in order and at given times and that he would let me know when I needed to do something and what it was

I drifted away begging to stay he said my mom was worried and I needed to hurry along
            and when I awoke on the bed mom standing over me shaking me saying "are you dead?" my face was white, my skin was cold, wasnt breathing
            mom was getting mad She asked "what happened to you "
            I tole her " you ain't gonna believe me" and over breakfast I tole her this story and I was right

you believe me don't you?
            EHD

Comment

wow.

Back to mere mortal questions:

You're in the audience at the best music show you've ever seen, with some of your favorite artists on stage. All of a sudden, the spotlight's on you, and they're all waving you up to join them. "Let's all give him a big hand!"

On stage, there's a truckload of A-list gear, tuned and ready.
              Which guitar are you playing, through what rig?
              sigpic
              "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
              --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
              Originally posted by Lewguitar
              In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                I asked the meaning of life
                he said the reality ( the extent of the 6 senses we have ) cannot be experienced by a non physical being. this reality was created and we were put here and this being inhabits us all in order to experience it
                the smell of fresh cut grass , a sunrise , surprise when something happens
                ah ha!! i knew it!

epic well post, btw

Comment

On stage, there's a truckload of A-list gear, tuned and ready.
                  Which guitar are you playing, through what rig?
                  Hmm
                  I find Les Pauls a bit heavy so scratch that
                  maybe one of them semi hollow jazz boxes
                  naw I kinda like the Whammy
                  hmm Bigsby
                  yea that
                  um this

big righteous fender twin with soaked in reverb with a dash ( 150ms ) of delay
                  wa-wahhhhh

ah ha!! i knew it!

epic well post, btw
                  Why thank you
                  it seemed a fitting story
                  by the way, there are some parts I left out because of the rules and such
                  I been telling it for bout 30 years now

there are more
                  we'll get there

on a side note
                  the poem in post #20 was a full song I heard thru my fillings when I was 17
                  it just raced thru may head and with this Hairband backing track
                  in fact, that was what caused me to buy my first guitar
                  an attempt to recreate it
                  Last edited by ehdwuld; 11-30-2010, 06:43 PM.
                  EHD

Comment

You're in the audience at the best music show you've ever seen, with some of your favorite artists on stage. All of a sudden, the spotlight's on you, and they're all waving you up to join them. "Let's all give him a big hand!"
                    you know Reg
                    that is your name aint it?

some years ago I had to stop going to local clubs for this same reason
                    as I paid the cover charge I'd hear the drummer on stage
                    "....and now straight from the pages of Guitar Player Magazine........"
                    it got old
                    EHD

Comment

EHD

Comment

ok heres another story I posted in another thread back in August

just in case you havent read it

when I was 11 years old
                        I flew round my back yard
                        as I remember it

heres what happened
                        as I remember it

my brother and I were watching a Saturday afternoon horror movie
                        in one scene they had one of those Circle/Star things with symbols inside
                        we decided to copy it, when it next showed he copied in a CW direction as i did CCW, we each missed one, but the one was the same one
                        took our drawing into the back yard where Grandma burned leaves, nice sandy spot with no grass growing
                        drew our circle, I stood in the center and did the chant.
                        the wind started blowing, a deep sound like a howling wind asked " why hast thou summoned me? " kinda hard to describe, I was 11
                        so I said I wanted to fly and up I went fairly quickly, childish pleasure consumed me and my fear of heights
                        " About 3 foot will be fine "
                        back down I went and then I hovered over the neighbors field with my brother running along side asking if I could feel anything under my feet or holding me under my arms - feet were dangling and could feel no hands or anything upon me, just suspended in mid air.

after a few mins my brother started the " its my turn thing " so I returned to the circle but it wouldn't let me down till it got "payment"
                        it didn't want my soul it asked for and I quote
                        " Three pence and a pint of ale "
                        serious I was as puzzled too
                        We had seen enough pirate movies to know what English pence and ale were
                        so my brother ran inside grabbed the mason jar full of change ( Grandma's piggy bank ) you old-timers will recognize this tradition
                        grabbed a kitchen chair dragged it to the bedroom closet and got the other mason jar Grandpa had stashed and went running thru the house to the back door.
                        Grandma, who had been watching the spectacle, followed only to find me dangling in the back yard by unseen hands. She started "Rebuking in the name of Jesus" while my brother threw a handful of change and the open jar of shine into the woods behind me.

It set me down, my brother didn't get his turn and my brother and I got a whipping for scaring Grandma. when Grandpa got home he blamed it on the Ouija board my aunts had been playing with and had it burned in the back yard in the same spot where we drew the circle. my brother and I weren't allowed to participate in the burning

this is what I remember
                        for the longest time my brother wouldn't admit to being involved, we now discuss it sometimes

the mind is a tricky thing
                        real or not it is what I remember
                        EHD

Comment

EHD: I'd just like to say that you're the man when it comes to wiring!

and I never found the long skinny straw for my can of Contact Cleaner!!!

Question: if you had to choose Strat - Les Paul, what would it be?

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                            EHD: I'd just like to say that you're the man when it comes to wiring!

and I never found the long skinny straw for my can of Contact Cleaner!!!

Question: if you had to choose Strat - Les Paul, what would it be?
                            Thanks Astro
                            but I owe most of my knowledge to the careful tutelage of folks like Funkfingers and dr ad

you da man at picking up crazy chicks, I share the addiction
                            there should be a support group

hmm most cans come with the straws
                            go into the auto parts store there should be some taped to the sides of some in there, they shouldn't mind, but try not to get caught

Aw man the LP's are just so heavy
                            I like to bounce when I play
                            and I love the whammy
                            maybe a Floyded one like this

or the Bigsby one

But ya just cant beat a skinny neck Super strat
                            EHD

Comment

you quoting someone or is the poetry yours?

Comment

the poem in post #20 was a full song I heard thru my fillings when I was 17
                                it just raced thru may head and with this Hairband backing track
                                in fact, that was what caused me to buy my first guitar
                                an attempt to recreate it

would ya like to read some more

mostly they sound like songs

I could post a few if you like
                                EHD

Comment

Working...
                                X