banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All you guys with bright LED's in your pedals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All you guys with bright LED's in your pedals...

I love the bright lights!

Originally posted by Kam View Post
    Ever played outside on a bright summer day?
    For what it's worth, I don't really have a problem with LED brightness on any level, whether too bright or too dull. None of mine are even that bright, I don't think.
    I had to borrow a stock Tube Screamer for a jam session the other night in a well-lit rehearsal room. The stock LED sucks so much I couldn't even tell if the damn thing was on or not visually.

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
    Hate the ultra-bright LEDs. Particularly the blue ones.
    Booya!

Comment

On a side note, anyone know where I can get those really bright LEDs?

Comment

It's not just the boutique stuff that has them. I just picked up a Behringer FX600 and a Biyang Tri-Reverb and they both have them. The Berry is seriously bright and gives me a headache when the battery goes flat and it starts flashing...
        Covers = http://halfcutlive.com
        Originals = http://lazygenetheory.com

Comment

any electronics store will have them. they are usually called HI-Brite or something like that.
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I kinda like the bright blue LED's, they've never been a problem IME.

Then again, I don't pay much attention to the LED. I'm too busy playing. They do have the advantage of helping me to quickly locate a specific pedal on a crowded pedal board.
            If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
            DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

I'll tape them over with some masking tape if it really bugs me . . .
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
                I have one that is really bright but I have others that don't have an LED. I'm not bothered...
                I wonder which one that is?.....
                Originally posted by tone4days
                we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

I think Butnut's idea of the blue lacquer can work very well.

I tried a few ideas of my own and here's the one that works best for me:

1. Get some flat black paint for models and the like (Tester's is available at hobby and crafts shops in those thumb-sized bottles).
                  2. With a small brush, paint over the entire surface of the blue light. It's OK to get some of the paint on the gasket surrounding the light. It won't really show.
                  3. Wait for the paint to dry thoroughly...maybe a half hour?
                  4. With an emery board or nail file (a thin strip of very fine sandpaper will do), just sand down the paint at the center of the light—just enough to let a bit of the bulb come through. This needs to be done carefully or you'll have to start over again. Remember...just a bit of sanding will do, and it won't hurt the bulb.
                  5. Turn on the pedal and...there ya go!...only a bit of light as big as the head on a straight pin!

See attached photo.

Please let me know if this works for you!

Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	5801581
                  Last edited by grritz; 09-19-2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Interesting idea. I've got a few Keeleys with blue LEDs. They do tend to mess with night vision on a dark stage.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Hate those GD blue lights. I put blue painter's tape over all of mine in an effort to reducd my onsetting blindness.
                       "Originally Posted by Aceman 

I shall allow this GAS bubble pass, a mere fart in time. 

Thank you for all the advice, cheers, and jeers. This was a tough one."

Comment

Yep...blue painters tape...3-4 layers thick.

Comment

I don't mind them in the bright Florida sun. Regular red is impossible to see. What I don't understand is the backlit Trailor Trash-type boards. Anything backlit makes everything impossible to see.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Every pedal manufacturer should use LEDs as bright as Ibanez use in their Tube Screamers.

Comment

Zombie thread.

As much as I like Keeley pedals, he loves to use those bright azz 3mm blue LED's.

Comment

Why do people feel it necessary to point out that an old thread has been revived?
                                If somebody feels there is something to add why should the age of the thread matter?

Comment

Working...
                                X