X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LIVE NOW!!! - Q&A with Peter Stroud with Dan Boul

Originally posted by lpmarshall View Post
    Not much to ask, just wanted to say I've been using the Lil Elvis head/cab as my primary amp for the last year. Thanks for putting out such great amps!!!!
    Thanks lpmarshall!!

Comment

Hi Dan and Peter and welcome to the SDUGF.

I have a Marshall JCM 900 MkIII head (2100 model) and it has 2 master volumes which are footswitchable. One for rhythm, one for lead. It's a no frills single channel amp otherwise that I just love.

My question: Is this something that you have thought of incorporating in to your amps? I think it is a great feature and am quite surprised that it's not seen more often.

Comment

Oh yeah, one more before the time is up.

Can you talk about your new Pro Series, and how you were able to bring these to market at a lower price? Basically, what would the differences be, and can you really hear the differences?
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
          Welcome Gents! Thank you for taking time to spend with us! I am at work, so my input to this conversation will be minimal.. And I cant follow along, so I apologize if my questions are repeats.

Peter, tho I tend to listen to heavier stuff, Im a fan of your work with several of the artists you've played with. when/What can we expect from your upcoming solo project? Any interesting road stories?

Dan,
          Ive heard the 65 Amps pack some serious tone, but havnt had the priveledge of playing one. What promted you to build your own amps, how long did it take you to develop the sound you were shooting for? And do you offer or will you offer a "lunchbox" size head with a master volume?

Thank you
          HI Bloodrose,
          The new band definitely has a southern flare to it that came a bit by default. Mainly we want to put out owr own music and playing that we feel represents us honestly. IT'll have a lot of guitar interaction btn Audley Keith and I of course. Keith is an amazing B-bender player and a singer songwriter in his own right. We have Robert Kearns on bass (played with Audley in Cry Of Love and now with Lynyrd Skynyrd) and Fred Eltringham on drums. Also Ike Stubblefield on B-3, so the mix of styles is very wide. It'll be a lot of fun and has been exciting for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
            Welcome Gents! Thank you for taking time to spend with us! I am at work, so my input to this conversation will be minimal.. And I cant follow along, so I apologize if my questions are repeats.

Peter, tho I tend to listen to heavier stuff, Im a fan of your work with several of the artists you've played with. when/What can we expect from your upcoming solo project? Any interesting road stories?

Dan,
            Ive heard the 65 Amps pack some serious tone, but havnt had the priveledge of playing one. What promted you to build your own amps, how long did it take you to develop the sound you were shooting for? And do you offer or will you offer a "lunchbox" size head with a master volume?

Thank you
            Road stories...so many the brain gets clogged. Hung out with Kid Rock and band at the hotel bar a couple of years back during Obama's Inauguration. multiple Jack shots later, Kid has his back up singers leading a gospel sing long with everyone remaining in the bar at about 2am. Probably one of the more tamer moments on Kid Rock's list of bar experiences, but none the less was quite memorable.

Comment

Last questions?
              Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
              Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                Oh yeah, one more before the time is up.

Can you talk about your new Pro Series, and how you were able to bring these to market at a lower price? Basically, what would the differences be, and can you really hear the differences?
                Sure Mr. Jones or is Sir. Gear? ;-)

The Pro is made exactly like our Blue line stuff but with simpler cabinets, ceramic speakers (the alnicos are super expensive), simpler circuits but still very robust and midly different trannies. They sound fantastic and intended more for a guy who wants 1 amp for gig with a few voices. A grab and go mentality.

Without the expensive vents and speakers, that cuts the build cost dramatically. As mentioned above in this thread, it's very costly to put the aestheic pieces on the amp and some people are opting to save the money or the just don't care about the "dressing".

I hope that answers your question?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Stroud View Post
                  Not quite a solo gig.. but I've started a smokin band with my pals Audley Freed and Keith Gattis. We're writing and recording now with hopes to have something out by 1st qtr in the new year. It is rippin to say the least ad we're thrilled with the songs so far. Great band overall.
                  HELL YEAH!!!

You and Audley Freed...amazing!

Any chance of an album in the future???
                  If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Dan? Peter? Would you like to leave us with a final word?
                    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                      Hi Dan and Peter and welcome to the SDUGF.

I have a Marshall JCM 900 MkIII head (2100 model) and it has 2 master volumes which are footswitchable. One for rhythm, one for lead. It's a no frills single channel amp otherwise that I just love.

My question: Is this something that you have thought of incorporating in to your amps? I think it is a great feature and am quite surprised that it's not seen more often.
                      Hi Erik
                      Our new Empire will incorporate multiple gain levels with ability to dial a quite aggressive sound. But all sharing same tone stack which is our preference. Less circuitry means more of true tone of what you're putting thru it.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                        HELL YEAH!!!

I've heard the demo tracks . . . they're fantastic . . . I'm envious! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                          HELL YEAH!!!

ooh yeah. CAn't wait. Hopefully early next year.

Comment

ONE MORE!!!

Peter, as a Duncan Artist....fave Duncan pickups for Strat, Tele, buckers???
                            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

what's next for you guys on the amp horizon?
                              Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                              Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Cheers guys!! Thank you for joining us! And thank you Evan and all at Seymour Duncan! I've been a fan since Seymour first came out on the market with his pickups and these guys have supported me since day one. We've all become close friends and still use their products to date.
                                Cheers yall. Be well

Comment

Working...
                                X