banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well CX: with 80's Metal.... Melting your face off and making your ears bleed.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well CX: with 80's Metal.... Melting your face off and making your ears bleed

Originally posted by dr. ad View Post
    great photo of you and the fam.
    Thank you sir. I am a lucky man.
    Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Re: The Well CX: with 80's Metal.... Melting your face off and making your ears bleed

Listening for questions........

Comment

Top three bands you like:

Top three bands who have influenced you as a player:

Besides metal what genres of music do you play?

How did you first get started in music?

Do you play any other instruments?

Do you prefer to write your own stuff, or just learn other people's tunes?

Favourite flashy guitar trick?

You have a typical metal band (2 guitarists, singer, bassist, drummer). Who could you afford to have go AWOL and perform the gig without?

You into the more modern cookie monster screaming thing that's going on in most metal these days?

What's the most unmetal thing that you do?
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          Top three bands you like:

Top three bands who have influenced you as a player:

Besides metal what genres of music do you play?

How did you first get started in music?

Do you play any other instruments?

Do you prefer to write your own stuff, or just learn other people's tunes?

Favourite flashy guitar trick?

You have a typical metal band (2 guitarists, singer, bassist, drummer). Who could you afford to have go AWOL and perform the gig without?

You into the more modern cookie monster screaming thing that's going on in most metal these days?

What's the most unmetal thing that you do?
          Great questions Man!

Top 3 bands I like = I only get to pick three??? Judas Priest, Iced Earth, Shadows Fall these days.

Top 3 bands of style influence =
          Slayer (pure speed and aggression), They wrote the book.
          Dokken,I know dokken isn't so METAL... but george's style and emphasis got me off when I was starting to find my sound.
          Metal Church, that chainsaw-chugga chugga and harmony minor.... man they got it right.

Besides Metal, I like soft female singers... Jewel, Fleetwood Mac, the occasional country ballad, etc. I am fond of older country once in a while... but 98% of all that I ever listen to is Metal. Oh And I love James Taylor.

1st got started in guitar by sneaking back into my grandmas back room where she kept her old country pickin guitar, I would play it and strum it and once she caught me back there and just sat me down and taught me a g-chord. From then on I was hooked, worked my ass off digging mesquite trees off my dads proprerty at $2 a stump to buy my first electric guitar and amp. Taught myself some ac-dc and had to have my cousin tune it for me whenever I could find him..... on into twisted sister, wasp, other easy metal bands and here we go...

Other instruments= I can play a bass....sort of, but what guitarist can't right? No offense all you bass guru's.... I'm not that great at it. I can barely keep a beat on drums...

I prefer to write my own stuff, but time constraints of being an adult really ruin that creative process ..... I learn other peoples stuff all the time. Trying to make myself better. I have written over a hundred songs easy, but haven't recorded anything in a couple years now. I have probably recorded about 30 songs.

Favorite flashy guitar trick? Work the wah and delay and finger tap all over the place....... the kids really think thats cool???

AWOL.... hmmm I have only ever played as a single guitarist, so the other guitar guy could go.... also my first gig was just myself and a drummer.... we rocked the house down! So it can be done..... ha ha ha..

I don't mind cookie monster voice really, if the guitars are getting it done with good riffs, I can look past the cookie monster.
          However.... that being said, I really like the voice to be distorted because he is gripping his nuts and belting it out so hard that the mic can't handle it. Think Pantera, slipknot, ripperjones/Priest, etc. When I sing/scream, I crank that **** out so loud that it breaks up. Growling and snarling and belting out the pissed off accressive vocals IS part of Metal and what its about IMHO.
          Those guys with the vocal harmonizers and gurgle voices (ie cannible corpse, coal chamber etc).... they are cool to listen to but get old quickly.

The most un-Metal thing I do?..... I make pancakes with little bits of love every sunday morning for my children before we go to church.
          Last edited by 80's_Metal; 12-21-2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

While you guys ponder new questions, I wil lpost up a few vids of bands that I think "Get it"

1. Sepultura

2. Venom

3. Metal Church

4. Hellhammer

5. Slayer

6. W.A.S.P.

Comment

Woof . . . that's a little on the heavy side for my tastes. :P No love for 80s hair metal?
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                Woof . . . that's a little on the heavy side for my tastes. :P No love for 80s hair metal?
                Oh I have love for some of the hair metal bands, Lots!
                They looked so cool and so heavy back then, but they don't look so cool nor sound very heavy these days....

Dokken, Stryper, Motley Crue, Skid Row, WASP (even Pantera did some big hair back before they grew nuts.) Loved a lot of that stuff! I still warm up to a bunch of Motley Crue Shout at the Devil stuff when I am tearing it up in the garage.

Absolutely No love for the spandex scene though.... thats just gay... unless Steel Panther does it, then its tongue-in-cheek hilarious!

As far as those high squealing sissy big hair kind of bands in make-up and whatnot.... I really hated them, Poison, firehouse, Warrant, Slaughter, I would have lined them up and shot them in the 80's.
                They were getting lumped in with the good bands who had big hair and that sucks for 80's metal......... They ruined it for everyone.
                When I was in 8th grade I bought a poison album from a kid just so I could burn it.... and that felt good.

Comment

Boxer briefs.....the ones with the long legs, not whitey-tighties......
                  because it wouldn't be polite of me to just let the junk hang on out everywhere now would it? Boxers might catch my junk on fire when I walk!

Comment

Over the fence, I drop em way down. Its important to everyone.

The only time I am thru the gate is if I am hunting in extreme freezing and have my carhart thermal bibs on....

Comment

Vids for today:
                      BANDS YOU PROBABLY KNOW:

Dio

Ozzy

Metallica (back when they were cool)

Exodus

Mercyful Fate

Armored Saint

Lizzy Borden
                      Last edited by 80's_Metal; 12-22-2010, 11:37 AM.

Comment

BANDS YOU may or may not know.

Flotsam and Jetsam

Helloween

Obituary

Omen

Nasty Savage

Possessed

Helix

Madam X (yes a girl drummer and a girl guitarist)
                        Last edited by 80's_Metal; 12-22-2010, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Kreator

Hallows Eve

Candlemass

Slayer w/Machine head doing a song by Venom
                          Last edited by 80's_Metal; 12-22-2010, 11:54 AM.

Comment

My standard Well question:

1. What's a band you're embarassed to admit to liking?

2. What's a band that you're not embarassed to admit to liking, but they fall in a completely different category than the stuff you normally listen to.

It either case, explain what they do that makes you like them, despite not being in the normal genre(s) you like.
                            Facebook - My facebook page
                            Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                              My standard Well question:

1. What's a band you're embarassed to admit to liking?

2. What's a band that you're not embarassed to admit to liking, but they fall in a completely different category than the stuff you normally listen to.

It either case, explain what they do that makes you like them, despite not being in the normal genre(s) you like.
                              1. Ace of base. I love the girls voice and the simple rhythms...it makes me wanna shake my butt. And believe me when I tell you I can NOT dance!

2. ABBA who doesn't like abba ....seriously. they have mad talent and cover so many styles.

Great questions bro. I was gonna answer Neil young haha.

Comment

What's the most recent metal you like?

Comment

Working...
                                X