Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Well CX: with 80's Metal.... Melting your face off and making your ears bleed.

Default Re: The Well CX: with 80's Metal.... Melting your face off and making your ears bleed

Woof . . . that's a little on the heavy side for my tastes. :P No love for 80s hair metal?

Underglazed Hair Metalologist 80's_Metal's Avatar

Default Re: The Well CX: with 80's Metal.... Melting your face off and making your ears bleed

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Woof . . . that's a little on the heavy side for my tastes. :P No love for 80s hair metal?
    Oh I have love for some of the hair metal bands, Lots!
    They looked so cool and so heavy back then, but they don't look so cool nor sound very heavy these days....

Dokken, Stryper, Motley Crue, Skid Row, WASP (even Pantera did some big hair back before they grew nuts.) Loved a lot of that stuff! I still warm up to a bunch of Motley Crue Shout at the Devil stuff when I am tearing it up in the garage.

Absolutely No love for the spandex scene though.... thats just gay... unless Steel Panther does it, then its tongue-in-cheek hilarious!

As far as those high squealing sissy big hair kind of bands in make-up and whatnot.... I really hated them, Poison, firehouse, Warrant, Slaughter, I would have lined them up and shot them in the 80's.
    They were getting lumped in with the good bands who had big hair and that sucks for 80's metal......... They ruined it for everyone.
    When I was in 8th grade I bought a poison album from a kid just so I could burn it.... and that felt good.

Boxer briefs.....the ones with the long legs, not whitey-tighties......
    because it wouldn't be polite of me to just let the junk hang on out everywhere now would it? Boxers might catch my junk on fire when I walk!

Over the fence, I drop em way down. Its important to everyone.

The only time I am thru the gate is if I am hunting in extreme freezing and have my carhart thermal bibs on....

Vids for today:
    BANDS YOU PROBABLY KNOW:

Dio

Ozzy

Metallica (back when they were cool)

Exodus

Mercyful Fate

Armored Saint

Lizzy Borden
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 12-22-2010 at 10:37 AM.

BANDS YOU may or may not know.

Flotsam and Jetsam

Helloween

Obituary

Omen

Nasty Savage

Possessed

Helix

Madam X (yes a girl drummer and a girl guitarist)
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 12-22-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Kreator

Hallows Eve

Candlemass

Slayer w/Machine head doing a song by Venom
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 12-22-2010 at 10:54 AM.

My standard Well question:

1. What's a band you're embarassed to admit to liking?

2. What's a band that you're not embarassed to admit to liking, but they fall in a completely different category than the stuff you normally listen to.

It either case, explain what they do that makes you like them, despite not being in the normal genre(s) you like.
    Facebook - My facebook page
    Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    My standard Well question:

1. What's a band you're embarassed to admit to liking?

2. What's a band that you're not embarassed to admit to liking, but they fall in a completely different category than the stuff you normally listen to.

It either case, explain what they do that makes you like them, despite not being in the normal genre(s) you like.
    1. Ace of base. I love the girls voice and the simple rhythms...it makes me wanna shake my butt. And believe me when I tell you I can NOT dance!

2. ABBA who doesn't like abba ....seriously. they have mad talent and cover so many styles.

Great questions bro. I was gonna answer Neil young haha.

Imperator of Indignation idsnowdog's Avatar

What's the most recent metal you like?

Quote Originally Posted by idsnowdog View Post
    What's the most recent metal you like?
    For a long while the only new band I liked was killswitch engage. But I don't like their new one much at all. I am loving Amon Amarth tho. Those big viking explorer playin guys can rock.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJohn View Post
    What's you musical guilty pleasure ?

And do you like these guys ?

Musical guilty pleasures.....hmmmm. not really sure how to answer that. Anything with Jackson guitars or hot chicks is ok with me.

And yes I love the hell out of those guys .....very tongue in cheek but they get it.

Is there anybody out there?

Dude, good to know more about you! I am going to have to listen to some of the YouTube links you posted. I'm a Maiden/MegaDeth fan but I never ventured too far away from them - I'll have to explore on your coat tails - thanks dude!

...and I also make pancakes with love for the family before church on Sundays.

Ok... what gear do own? What is your "go-to" guitar?

Do you like sports?

Favorite musical moment (any)?

Favorite musical moment (your playing)?

If you didn't play guitar you'd....

Are your kids musical?

Does your wife share your love of 80's metal? Music?

Keep it real, my man.
    -=The Dali
    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Dali View Post
    Dude, good to know more about you! I am going to have to listen to some of the YouTube links you posted. I'm a Maiden/MegaDeth fan but I never ventured too far away from them - I'll have to explore on your coat tails - thanks dude!

...and I also make pancakes with love for the family before church on Sundays.

1. Ok... what gear do own? What is your "go-to" guitar?

2. Do you like sports?

3. Favorite musical moment (any)?

4. Favorite musical moment (your playing)?

5. If you didn't play guitar you'd....

6. Are your kids musical?

7. Does your wife share your love of 80's metal? Music?

Keep it real, my man.
    1. My gear has changed a lot in the past few years.... but at the moment I own a Marshall Half Stack, solid state (bought it from anewdefguitarist) atop a 1960a cab.
    Epi LP in transparent black (DD), Epi LP Custom in tuxedo (DD), Epi Explorer with detonators and a Dean Razorback (Dimebucker)
    Pedals I use always, Dime-Wah, Metal Master Distortion, Metal Muff Nano Distortion, Arion Stage Tuner, ISP Decimator (Hush pedal), Ibanez Digital Delay.
    My go-to guitar depends a little bit on what mood I am in, if I a feeling shredder 80's stuff, I go to my Epi Explorer, it has super low fast fretboard and it sounds wicked. I have 9's on it and it is tuned std. Sometimes though I pick up the Dean if I feel like beating on my guitar or breaking strings while I play it.
    But if I am going nu-metal I grab the Ltd. Ed. Epi LP... fat 50's neck, DD (DDJ) bridge, Beefy Slinky's, Drop-C or Drop-B It makes the stuff fall off the walls inside the house.
    If I could only have one guitar I would pick the Explorer, because we've been through so much together..... She has been beaten, sweat on, spit on, spilled on, worn out, rebuilt, and been with me for some of the best sounding music I have ever done.... she must have been made on a wednesday.....

2. I love sports! I am a PE Teacher! ha ha my favorite sport is Hockey though (GO REDWINGS!!!)

3. Favorite musical moment... New Years Evil, 2000. I saw Soulfly, Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer, and original Black Sabbath all at once...... Oh man what a night.... I dare say the best concert ever!

4. Favorite musical moment of mine is the time we opened for this summer tour that came through, we played four songs.... three originals, and a cover.... when the headlining act started up, they said "Man that first band sure was heavy!".... I smiled for a week.... felt like the grinch when his heart grew ten times......

5. If I didn't play guitar I'd ..... probably still have some hearing on my left side...... It was only a matter of time until I picked up a guitar ... that stuff was in my veins.

6. My kids..... yes my youngest boy has music in his head 24/7... its so funny to see it carried on to my boys!

7. My wife will "tolerate" certain types of metal.... Ozzy/Maiden is as heavy as she "likes" .... she likes Country, and Christian music....
    When I play Pantera or something heavier, she whines a little bit.... when she plays country, I leave....

Thanks for the questions man, that was fun!
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 12-31-2010 at 04:20 PM. Reason: typos.... I can't stand them.

post em up boys, I'll be here all week.

Your metal video of the day

Ok two then:

Daily Metal Vid:

Ok 2 then....

ok, ok 3 then

post em up post em up
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 01-02-2011 at 10:16 AM.

So your not 21 but actually 39 or 40? Cool we can be buds. Did you ever listen to the metal band from England called Raven?