The Famn Damily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Famn Damily

can someone please help me find the year/price of my Kramer Holoflash Nightswan? i inherited it from a family member

Comment

The Famn Damily (Slight Reprise)

The deeds are done...parred down to the bare minimum now...and it feels good dammit!!! I started out with a used 1980s Epiphone MIJ Cherry Burst LP w/a L6 Style Open Book HS, a 1980s Squier MIJ Strat that I completely modified (Warmoth Neck, SD Rails, etc.) and a Fender Princeton Chorus 2x10 Combo. The gear that I have retained has brought me full circle to where I started and the gear I originally "wanted" but couldn't afford as a just engaged, full time employed/full time college student living in a small one bedroom apartment in Pacific Beach, CA...a Gibson Les Paul, an American Strat and a Marshall Tube Amp - it just took me 23 years to find the right ones!

1979 Marshall JMP 2104 50W 2x12 w/Vintage Celestion Greenbacks...100% Marshall!!!

1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard...Matched Set of 1988 Gibson “The Original” HB-R/HB-L (Bill Lawrence) Humbuckers wired to individual Gibson 500K Volumes & Fender TBX Tone Controls, Gibson TP-6 Fine Tuning Tailpiece, DiMarzio Cliplock Strap.

1989 Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster Ultra Prototype #14 of 50...Rare 1989 Fender Custom Shop Prototype Stratocaster Ultra in "Black Pearl Dust", Rosewood Board 22 Fret Neck with Locking Nut and Matching "BPD" Headstock, Gold Lace Pickups, Volume/TBX Tone/MDX Mid-Boost "Clapton Mod", Original Floyd Rose with Big Brass Block, Black Leather Strap and "Buddy Guy" Autographed Polka Dot Jodi Head Strap with Schaller Straplocks.
      Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 06-02-2012, 12:15 AM.
      MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
      1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
      1988 Kramer Nightswan
      1989 Charvel Sambora
      2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
      Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
      Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

That Strat is pure SEX!
        Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 9finger View Post
          That Strat is pure SEX!
          yeah, I agree! Holy Shazamm!!
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Thanks!
            MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
            1988 Kramer Nightswan
            1989 Charvel Sambora
            2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

I love the black pearl dust strat w/floyd (that's the Fender name for that finish), and really love your tele w/floyd.

Am I wrong, or did you used to have a different user name? Who were you?
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                I love the black pearl dust strat w/floyd (that's the Fender name for that finish), and really love your tele w/floyd.

Am I wrong, or did you used to have a different user name? Who were you?
                Yes Sir..."Black Pearl Dust" it is. The Kramer Tele just got parted out this past week. Sold everything off but the Gibson HB-R/HB-L Humbucker Set.

No...MuttznMongrelz for as long as I've been a member I'm pretty sure. I use to be GUITARADDICT13 about 10 years back on a few forums.
                MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                1988 Kramer Nightswan
                1989 Charvel Sambora
                2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

That CS Strat is breathtaking. I'd love to hear your Marshall cranked and I'm sure that thing crunches and sings like nobody's business with your LP. You've chosen a fine few pieces to stick with
                  Originally posted by kevlar3000
                  I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                  Originally posted by Zerberus
                  Better is often the enemy of good
                  Originally posted by ginormous
                  Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Really a great collection of guitars. I am playing electric guitar and I loved your post. Awesome dude....
                    Safari Holidays in Kenya

Comment

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
                      Just never got around to taking any photos of it for some reason after adding the TP-6 Fine Tuning Bridge...
                      I love the TP-6, have one myself.
                      They work great and making string changing easier too.

Comment

Originally posted by That90'sGuy View Post
                        That CS Strat is breathtaking. I'd love to hear your Marshall cranked and I'm sure that thing crunches and sings like nobody's business with your LP. You've chosen a fine few pieces to stick with
                        Thanks. I actually did the "cranked Marshall thing" last night as it was just me and my Pit Bull "Annie" at home the entire evening.

Dialed the Strat in to sound like a Strat (ala Clapton/Buddy Guy tone with their respective Lace Sensor Signature Models) and loved it. If you're not familar w/the Fender Lace Sensors with TBX/MDX, there is a wide range of tone shaping potential from Strat to Heavy Humbucker sounding. Then I plugged in the LP with the HB-R/HB-L, Gibson 500K Volumes/Fender TBX Tones and was equally happy with it's capabilities. After playing both and switching back and forth, I figured out that both sets of pickups are pretty powerful, very clean sounding and have a little bit of compression so they translate very well w/the tonal characteristics of the instrument and whatever effects you run between the guitar and amp.

Last night, I ran the guitar through either a MXR Wylde Overdrive or Boss/Keeley SD-1 Ge 5 Star to Boss/Keeley Twilight Zone to Boss NS-2 to Marshall. May toy w/some Push/Pull Pots to split the HB-R/HB-L Set on the LP in the future but for now, I've got LP & Strat Tones and a whole lot more covered quite nicely.
                        Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 06-03-2012, 06:31 PM.
                        MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                        1988 Kramer Nightswan
                        1989 Charvel Sambora
                        2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

I've played more over the past week than I have in a long time. I'll fully admit, it's weird to not be going by MGR, GC, Pawn Shops or perusing eBay or CL looking for a great deal or a cool guitar but I am actually "getting to know" the LP and Strat and having a great deal of fun dialing them in w/the effects I use.

What has been really cool, is that I have finally got a handle on the pickups -both the Gibson HB-R/HB-L in the LP and Fender Lace Sensor Gold in the Strat are both of a "High Fidelity" Nature (the Gibson HB-R/HB-L Humbuckers are very much like Ultrasonic Humbuckers as Bill Lawrence Designed 'em both; Circuit Board Bacs, low string pull, W. German Manufacture, etc. and Fender/AGI Lace Aerodyne designed the Lace Sensors), and, the * bonus * is that I don't have to change the settings on my pedals or amp when I switch between guitars now.

*** UltraSonics were passive pickups made in West Germany and designed by Bill Lawrence. They were billed as being tonaly neutral so they let the guitars natural character through. They did this by having a flat eq. I think they also boasted having "rare earth magnets" whatever they are.

Ultrasonics should be installed very close to the strings because they haven't got any (or very very little) string pull. They are not alike ordinary passive pickups. They could sound low output pups, but in fact, they are little hotter than vintage pups.

Additionally, as I've parted w/a lot of "excess" items recently, I did pick up a new HSC for the LP, as I found the Gibby Brown one that came w/LONGCAT'S Studio Plus seemed to fit better and provide a little addl protection to the Headstock...

Some guy out of Canada is selling a bunch of Gibson HSC on eBay from some music store that closed, at least that's the story. He had White Ones - both the "Limited Edition" like I bought and "Robot", Black Reptile, etc but I figured the White Case with the Metallic Red Guitar (actual name of the color from what I've read) would be a nice match.

Only White Gibson HSC upon which I can find any info is this one... http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...cessories.aspx

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 06-05-2012, 04:30 PM.
                          MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                          1988 Kramer Nightswan
                          1989 Charvel Sambora
                          2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                            1988 Kramer Nightswan
                            1989 Charvel Sambora
                            2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

It was a good run and some cool guitars along the way.
                              MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                              1988 Kramer Nightswan
                              1989 Charvel Sambora
                              2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

2001 Tacoma EKK9 Koa

2001 LTD KH-503 with DiMarzio PAF Pro/Tone Zone F, '86 OFR w/37mm Big Brass Block

2013 USACG Warmoth Iceman with Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB-Custom Custom A2 Hybrid TB, '85 OFR w/37mm Big Brass Block

Waiting on parts to arrive for this one...

Butala Custom Reverse Banana Neck ala George Lynch Kamikaze with Black Gotoh Tuning Pegs, Vintage R2 Nut & String Tree
                                NOS Vintage Kramer PCI Seafoam Green Body
                                Seymour Duncan's: Antiquity Neck/'83 APS-1/Custom Shop MJ RTM
                                Vintage '86 Floyd Rose Original w/42mm Big Brass Block
                                Gibson 500k Volume to Switchcraft DPDT to Switchcraft Cannon Jack
                                Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 04-19-2014, 11:18 AM.
                                MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                                1988 Kramer Nightswan
                                1989 Charvel Sambora
                                2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X