The Famn Damily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Famn Damily

Sold the Ibanez ICT700 and now I'll be waiting on this to arrive...a second 2009 Gibson Les Paul Studio Raw Power.

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 12-12-2016, 08:12 AM.
    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
    1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
    1988 Kramer Nightswan
    1989 Charvel Sambora
    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
    Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
    Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Raw Power, dude.

Comment

Ha! What can I say - I liked the first one well enough to pick up another.
        MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
        1988 Kramer Nightswan
        1989 Charvel Sambora
        2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

yeah ****n hell yeah. I want mine with double cremes and chrome hardware

Comment

That would look killer as well.
            MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
            1988 Kramer Nightswan
            1989 Charvel Sambora
            2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Very cool MnMs, I've never even seen one in the flesh over here. Enjoy.

Comment

Thank you! They only made the Studio Raw Power in 2009 and I hadn't seen one in the flesh either. Always wanted one of the late 70s LP Custom Maple Boards but I never could justify a $3,000.00 purchase nor do I want to sell all my other gear to justify buying one guitar - these were an inexpensive alternative at an average of $700.00 each and I found that I like 'em!!! The Aquamarine was what really caught my eye when the Raw Power came out; that and of course the Maple Body and Fretboard on a Les Paul at decent price.

All I'm gravitating towards are Maple Fretboards anymore and the Warmoth One Piece Ash Tele, USACG One Piece Mahogany Iceman and now the Pair 'O Paul's fill the bill nicely.

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 05-10-2017, 05:34 PM.
                MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                1988 Kramer Nightswan
                1989 Charvel Sambora
                2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

1990 Kramer Deluxe 24

MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                  1988 Kramer Nightswan
                  1989 Charvel Sambora
                  2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

All your guitars look pretty cool. You have a good collection there...what's your favorite guitar?

;>)/
                    sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Re: The Famn Damily

Thank you! I cycle through a lot of guitars; a few stick around but I'm always buying and selling depending on what I run across. I try to adhere to a self-imposed "one in, one out" policy to stay around 6 guitars.

Right now I've got the ones listed in my signature and a couple of acoustics so I'm at 7 after picking up the Kramer Deluxe 24. USAGC Iceman was my favorite for a long time and still is but the Warmoth Tele is just as satisfying on all levels.
                      Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 02-12-2017, 12:57 PM.
                      MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                      1988 Kramer Nightswan
                      1989 Charvel Sambora
                      2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Heavy two piece Maple Body with finish checking front and back, a beautiful and comfortable Maple Neck with spotless frets and SD '59/JBJ.

MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                        1988 Kramer Nightswan
                        1989 Charvel Sambora
                        2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                          1988 Kramer Nightswan
                          1989 Charvel Sambora
                          2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

That Pacer is akin to a nice set of boobs. Where the rest of the Kramers?
                            87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Ha! Now that's an analogy to which I can relate! That's the only Kramer; got a couple Gibson Les Paul Studio Raw Powers and a Starfield Cabriolet but that's the whole crew.

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 05-02-2017, 04:45 PM.
                              MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                              1988 Kramer Nightswan
                              1989 Charvel Sambora
                              2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

GUITARS:

2016 Warmoth Telecaster: Vintage Natural Relic Flamed/Birdseye Telecaster Neck w/R3 Nut & Gotoh Tuners, 1 Piece Black Ash Tone Bomb Telecaster Body w/Front Forearm Contour & Rear Tummy Cut, Clear Gloss Nitro Finish over Lemon Oil, Vintage Seymour Duncan JNJ MJ Jazz Neck/Custom Shop MJ DeMartini RTM, 3 Way Tele Blade Switch/DiMarzio 500k Volume/Fender TBX Tone, 1986 Floyd Rose Original w/37mm Big Brass Block & Screw In Arm, DiMarzio Clip-Lock Black Strap

2013 USA Custom Guitars Iceman: USACG Quarter-Sawn Maple/Maple Fretboard Neck, 12” Radius, 22 Jumbo Frets, R2 1 5/8” Nut, Gotoh SG38 Tuners, “B.C. Rich, L.A., California USA” Neck Plate, Warmoth Mahogany Iceman Body in Pearl White, H/H Pickups - Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB-Custom Custom A2 Hybrid Trembucker, DiMarzio 500K Push:Pull Volume/3 Way LP Style Selector Switch/Fender TBX Tone x 2, Cup Jack, ’89 Ibanez Metal Pickup Mounting Rings and Vol/Tone/Tone Knobs, Recessed ’85 Original Floyd Rose w/Threaded Screw In Arm and 37mm Big Brass Block, DiMarzio Clip-Lock Black Strap, No HSC

2009 Gibson Les Paul Studio Raw Trans Aquamarine: 24 ¾” Scale Unbound Mahogany Neck w/Maple Fretboard, 1 11/16” Corian Nut, 22 Frets, Dot Makers (Traditional Trapezoid at 12th Fret), Vintage Schaller Germany Tuning Pegs, Unbound Solid Maple Traditional Carved Top Body, Gibson ’57 Classic/’57 Classic Set, Gibson Tune-O-Matic Bridge/Vintage Gibson TP6 Fine Tuning Tailpiece, Jodi Head “Buddy Guy” Autographed Blk/Wht Polka Dot Strap w/Strap Locks, Gibson Black Snakeskin HSC *** REPLACE FAULTY 3 WAY SELECTOR/SWAP IN STOCK GIBSON TUNE-O-MATIC

2009 Gibson Les Paul Studio Raw Satin White: 24 ¾” Scale Unbound Mahogany Neck w/Maple Fretboard, 1 11/16” Corian Nut, 22 Frets, Dot Makers (Traditional Trapezoid at 12th Fret), Vintage Schaller Germany Tuning Pegs, Unbound Solid Maple Traditional Carved Top Body, Gibson ’57 Classic/’57 Classic Set, Gibson Tune-O-Matic Bridge/Vintage Gibson TP6 Fine Tuning Tailpiece, Jodi Head “Buddy Guy” Autographed Blk/Wht Polka Dot Strap w/Strap Locks, Gibson Black Snakeskin HSC

2000 Ibanez RG-520QSTB: Made In Japan 1998-2001, thin Super Wizard Neck w/Rosewood Fretboard/24 Jumbo Frets/Dot Markers - 17mm on the first fret and 19mm on the 12th fret with a flat radius of 430mm/16”, RG Mahogany Body w/Quilted Sapele Top, DiMarzio Air Norton F Green/DiMarzio Tone Zone F Green, Vol/5 Way/Tone, Cosmo Hardware Tuners/R3 Nut/String Retainer/Original Edge Tremolo w/Big Brass Block Upgrade, DiMarzio Clip-Lock Black Strap

1987/1991 RG-570MFM: First Production Year/Made In Japan ’87 RG-550M Wizard Maple Neck w/Desert Sun Yellow Headstock, “Ibanez Made In Japan” Black Neck Plate, ‘91 RG570FM Blueburst Body w/DiMarzio Air Norton F Blue/Seymour Duncan Lil ‘59/DiMarzio Tone Zone F Blue, Vol/5 Way/Tone, Cosmo Hardware Tuners/R3 Nut/String Retainer/Original Edge Tremolo w/Big Brass Block Upgrade, Brayden Rwanda Strap

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial - Beautiful Natural Relic 34 year old 1983 Vintage Kramer Pacer Imperial that still looks, sounds and feels awesome to play. USA Made and the First Year for Production Kramers to come equipped with Schaller Tuners and Floyd Rose from the Neptune, NJ Factory - no doubt due to Edward Van Halen's influence as a Kramer Endorsee at the time. Also the last year of production for the Beak Headstock as it changed mid-year to the Hockey Stick Headstock! I dare you to find another MAPLE FRETBOARD/MAPLE BODY IMPERIAL with a BEAUTIFULLY CHECKED 3 COLOR SUNBURST NITROCELLULOSE FINISH - it just doesn't get any better than this one!!!

Specifications:

- Beautiful Vintage Aged Amber Nitrocellulose Finished Beak Headstock "Pacer Series Patent Pending" Maple Board Neck with “C” Neck Plate
                                - Heavy & Resonant 2 Piece Center Joined Maple Body in a wonderfully checked 3 Color Black/Red/Brown Sunburst Nitrocellulose Finish
                                - Original 1983 Chrome Made In Germany Schaller Tuners/R2 Nut/String Retainer Bar
                                - Vintage Neck Humbucker and a DiMarzio Tone Zone F in the Bridge - mounted in Original Schaller Mounting Rings and wired to a 3 Way Selector/Volume/Volume/Tone/Cannon Jack
                                - Original 1983 Vintage Chrome Floyd Rose Original w/Old School Screw In Arm & Floyd Upgrades 42mm Big Brass Block

A piece of Guitar Design and Rock & Roll History as this guitar was the product of Kramer, Eddie Van Halen and Floyd Rose working together in developing the Floyd Rose and Kramer changing their market through working with EVH to produce off the shelf Hot Rod Guitars built to satisfy the demands of an explosion of guitar players. Say what you will; but EVH was undeniably the next Evolution of Guitar Playing after Jimi Hendrix.

A Bit of Kramer History:

Kramer first released wooden-necked guitars in late 1981, following Charvel's lead on producing instruments that essentially copied the Stratocaster headstock shape from Fender, in violation of Fender's US trademark and design patent. After only a thousand or so instruments were built, in May 1981, Kramer received a cease and desist order from Fender to halt the production of Strat-head guitars.[citation needed] Instead, Kramer opted for a "beak" headstock reminiscent of 1960s Kent guitar headstocks. The earliest beak guitars were in fact Strat-heads with a lobbed off headstock; these can be identified by prominent sanding marks on the curve of the headstock. Later, and most common beak guitars, were manufactured with a beak headstock from the factory.

Wooden-necked instruments represented Kramer's first foray into offshoring the production of guitar components to Eastern Asia. Tuning keys and vintage fulcrum tremolos were made by Gotoh in Japan, while the necks were made by Japan's ESP Guitars and shipped to New Jersey for fretting and finishing.

Kramer executives saw that the guitar techniques of the early 1980s demanded a high-performance tremolo system. Kramer partnered with a German inventor named Helmut Rockinger, and installed his bulky tremolos, precursors to Floyd Rose systems, on its instruments.

A chance encounter between Dennis Berardi and Eddie Van Halen's managers on an airplane flight set the foundation for Kramer's meteoric rise in the 1980s. Eddie was interested in a tremolo that stayed in tune, which the Rockinger system offered. A meeting between Eddie Van Halen and Kramer execs took place, and Eddie was sold. At the meeting, he reportedly quipped that he would help make Kramer the "#1 guitar company in the world."

By 1983 the Rockinger tremolo (sometimes dubbed "The Eddie Van Halen tremolo") had been widely replaced by the Floyd Rose system. In addition, Kramer once again offered Schaller tuners on their guitars, tapping Schaller to produce Floyd Rose tremolos as well. Kramer was the only guitar company offering Original Floyd Rose tremolos stock on their production guitars, a competitive advantage of Kramer over other guitar manufacturers of the period.

In late 1983 Kramer switched from the "beak" headstock design to the Gibson Explorer-like "banana" headstock design. This distinctive look also helped rank Kramer highly with guitar enthusiasts. One notable Kramer guitar was the Baretta model, which was a single-humbucker instrument similar to guitars Eddie Van Halen used on stage. The Kramer Baretta was the flagship of the Kramer line and helped popularize the single-pickup 1980s SuperStrat guitar design.

AMPS:

1992 Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo: 60W with Stock Sheffield 1200 Speakers & Vintage 80s Wire Grill Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Cabinet w/Celestion G12T-75 Ipswich, England Speakers

1994 Peavey Blues Classic 1x15 Combo: 50W w/Celestion Fullback and all new JJ “Blues” Tube Set & Bluesbreaker 2x12 White Tolex Cabinet w/1968 Jensen C12N Chicago, IL Speakers
                                Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 07-21-2017, 02:10 PM.
                                MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                                1988 Kramer Nightswan
                                1989 Charvel Sambora
                                2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X