No announcement yet.

Reverb into Delay or Delay into Reverb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb into Delay or Delay into Reverb?

pedals in front of the amp, no effects loop

Reverb into Delay

or

Delay into Reverb

which order and why?

Re: Reverb into Delay or Delay into Reverb?

Originally posted by AniML View Post
    pedals in front of the amp, no effects loop

Reverb into Delay

or

Delay into Reverb

which order and why?
    I do this a lot... I play quite a bit of ambient stuff so I like my delay and then reverb. I also don't use the effects loop and have pedals in front of the amp

I have an Eventide Timefactor as my delay and a Boss RV-5 as my reverb.

I find that this makes my delays sound far away (very spacious and at times almost a haunting type sound).... I think when you put the reverb before the delay it muddies up the delay a bit and isn't what I'm personally after.

Everyone's gonna tell you most likely to just listen to it and see what you like, I'm just giving you what IMO sounds best.

What effects (brand/model) are you using?

Lastly, my general rule of thumb on pedals is .... dirt, modulation (non-delay/reverb), delay, reverb. I could go into detail as to why, but I won't stray off topic. It's fairly self explanatory if you really think about it though.
    Last edited by andrizzle; 01-25-2011, 08:49 PM.

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

Definitely reverb last, for my tastes.

Comment

I'm finding delay -> reverb works best as well. I just got both pedals the last few days so it's all new to me.

I got a Biyang AD-8 delay - 2 chip model (600ms - 1100ms) and goes from echoplex / slapback to bottomless pit. Gets a great Led Zep 2 vibe

Just got the BOSS '63 FRV-1 reverb. very cool, but I need to learn how to dial it in still

Thanks
        Last edited by AniML; 01-25-2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AniML View Post
          I'm finding delay -> reverb works best as well. I just got both pedals the last few days so it's all new to me.

I got a Biyang AD-8 delay - 2 chip model (600ms - 1100ms) and goes from echoplex / slapback to bottomless pit. Gets a great Led Zep 2 vibe

Just got the BOSS FRV'63 -1 reverb. very cool, but I need to learn how to dial it in still

Thanks

Cool man... I'd love to know what you think about that AD-8... I've got more delay than I'll ever know what to do with with the TF, but before I owned it, I had a bunch of different delays. Never owned one of the Biyang pedals. I've heard great stuff about them and apparently the price is perfect.

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

I'm another delay-->reverb guy, for pretty much the same reasons as Andrizzle. I find that going the other way around can get a bit swimmy and mushy and not in a good way.

But then, I generally put my delay in the loop and use the reverb on my amp so I guess I don't usually have a choice.

And I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the AD-8 as well. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of them pretty soon myself.
            Last edited by Kam; 01-25-2011, 09:51 PM.
            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

regarding the AD-8...

I had a Memory Toy for a number of months and I could not dial it in. The Biyang took about 5 minutes.

With all three knobs varying somewhere around 9:00 - 10:00 and the 600ms chip engaged it copped a nice Gilmour. Flip the switch to the 1100ms mode and it was instant Page

Roll the time and repeat back and you get a great echoplex.

IMO, one of the best bang-for-the-buck pedals I've ever owned and it is way better than it's pricetag

Comment

I prefer delay into reverb. It just seems to sound more natural and makes the delay blend in a bit better with what I'm playing.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                X