X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well CXIII: The Wrath of bluesbend

Originally posted by Kam View Post
    Seriously...are you really into the fat chicks thing?
    " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      You're flying over some distant mountains when your plane goes down. By some fluke of nature all people on the plane survived. Two part question . . . how long do you wait for rescue before resorting to cannibalism, and how do you pick who you eat?

Apocalypse comes and you're short on food and trapped in your own neighborhood. Who on your street do you kill and eat first, and why?

You are a master chef working at a busy restaurant but times are tough . . . you don't have enough money to buy meat one day, but you discover that your best waitress has accidentally been locked in the walk-in freezer and frozen to death. How do you prepare the carcass in order to avoid insurance problems and make it tasty enough for your diners that evening?

I'd probably wait five or six days. i'd eat the first mofkker that tried to stop me from eating.

I hope to be living in your neighborhood by then. because I like you.

Grind it up and serve it as steak tartar.
      " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

why so serious?
        -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
          why so serious?

Don't start with me Adam. I haven't had my Quick from my sippy cup yet.

Comment

Khan. Whom I believe to be related to Ho.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbend View Post
              Don't start with me Adam. I haven't had my Quick from my sippy cup yet.
              Take your time.
              -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbend View Post
                I hope to be living in your neighborhood by then. because I like you.
                I hope you're living in my neighbourhood as well . . . because I might like you . . . with a nice chianti

:P
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                  I hope you're living in my neighbourhood as well . . . because I might like you . . . with a nice chianti

:P

Comment

Well, it started at the Alamo. There we were, me and Jim Bowie, shoulder to shoulder backs against the wall. We thought we were goners. Then suddenly, out of the blue I woke up!

Not much to tell really. I served four years in the U.S.A.F. during the Carter administration. Was Honerably Discharged holding the rank of E5. Due to injuries suffered I now have a 40% disability rating.
                    That's about it.

Last edited by bluesbend; 02-11-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Does above post mean you were a military pilot and did service in the Aardvark Bluesbend? Hats off to a former fighter pilot, surely not a job for anyone! Respect towards that man!!

Now for my questions:

-You can take a fun flight in three military planes of your choice, they can be from any era and from any nation, what would your choice be? And why?

-Being former USAF, how do you look to Hans Ullrich Rudel, Germany's most successful Stuka pilot, who gathered an incredible record, showed very strong talent and heart, and performed multiple acts of heroism rescuing downed collegues behind enemy lines, remaining in service after losing his leg, etc..., but by many is still labeled as a "dirty nazi"? (I am not trying to flame or whatever here bluesbend, I would just like your perspective on it, it is truly something that interests me)

-Could you tell me who your three biggest heroes/examples are in life and why you are picking the persons you'll put forward?

-All goes, no limits in budget, or no limits whatsoever, you can get three guitars, which three would you pick? (can be iconic like Jimi's Woodstock Strat, custom shop, you name it...)

Thanks a lot in advance for replying to my questions bluesbend!!!
                      Last edited by The JEM Ghost; 02-11-2011, 06:07 PM. Reason: spelling
                      "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Originally posted by The JEM Ghost View Post
                        Does above post mean you were a military pilot and did service in the Aardvark Bluesbend? Hats off to a former fighter pilot, surely not a job for anyone! Respect towards that man!!

Now for my questions:

-You can take a fun flight in three military planes of your choice, they can be from any era and from any nation, what would your choice be? And why?

-Being former USAF, how do you look to Hans Ullrich Rudel, Germany's most successful Stuka pilot, who gathered an incredible record, showed very strong talent and heart, and performed multiple acts of heroism rescuing downed collegues behind enemy lines, remaining in service after losing his leg, etc..., but by many is still labeled as a "dirty nazi"? (I am not trying to flame or whatever here bluesbend, I would just like your perspective on it, it is truly something that interests me)

-Could you tell me who your three biggest heroes/examples are in life and why you are picking the persons you'll put forward?

-All goes, no limits in budget, or no limits whatsoever, you can get three guitars, which three would you pick? (can be iconic like Jimi's Woodstock Strat, custom shop, you name it...)

Thanks a lot in advance for replying to my questions bluesbend!!!

Thanks JEM Ghost.

The F-111 was an aircraft originally designed as a multi-purpose fighter. It was a supersonic "swing wing" aircraft, the first sucsessful aircraft of it's kind. The Soviets bought a plastic model of it from a store in N.Y. to use to develop their own similar design. General Dynamics lost the Gov't. bid and MacDonell-Douglas was awarded it, thus the F-4 Phantom. The F-111 was brought into the inventotory in limited numbers.
                        The FB-111A was a medium range Strategic Bomber utilizing a modified F-111 airframe.
                        It was a supersonic Bomber capable of flying below enemy radar due to it's terrain fowllowing capabilities. The first "stealth" Bomber.

I was not a pilot. I served in support of the FB-111 as a member of the 380th Bomb Wing.

1. A P38 Lightening. Speed.
                        An FB-111A supersonic through the Grand Canyon. Speed.
                        The Enola Gay. History.

2. Rudel was a Nazi. My Great Uncle Carl was killed by Nazi fire on Omaha Beach. Any man that puts his buddy's before himself is doing what he was trained to do. Medals are handed out for this.

3. My Father, my Grampa and my Uncle Butch.

4. A 1951 Fender Nocaster.
                        A 1959 Gibson Byrdland.
                        A 1957 Fender Stratocaster.

JEMGhost, I was mistaken about my Great Uncle Carl.

Carl retuned from Europe. It was Uncle Paul that was killed at Omaha.
                        My Great Uncle Frankie served in The U.S.M.C. . He fought in the South Pacific. He was awarded three Purple Hearts and two Bronze Stars. He lived the rest of his life with Japanese morter shrapnel.
                        Last edited by bluesbend; 02-12-2011, 11:41 AM.

Comment

My uncle, my dad's best friend, best man and his sisters husband, was shot down and KIA in Vietnam. I always thought he was flying an F-111, but it didn't enter service until 1967, and he was shot down in October of 66' IIRC. Now I'm going to have to ask my dad if he remembers what Uncle Jack was flying.

His remains were not recovered until 1986. Sorry for the hijack, but the mention of the aircraft brought back memories of always being told stories about Uncle Jack.
                          My Sound Clips

Comment

It may have been one of the "Century" series of fighters. F-100, F-101, F-102, F-104, F105, F106.

Comment

So, how's your vacation? I think this is the first time anyone has been made a guest while they had The Well.

Comment

I wonder where they sent him?

When they gave me a free vacation back in November, they sent me to TrimSpa.

Comment

Working...
                                X