This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Well CXIII: The Dali is en la casa

I've been tabbed for the next installment of the Well. Fire away gentlemen (and Lucid).
    -=The Dali
    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Re: The Well CXIII: The Dali is en la casa

As far as mustaches go who has the better one? Selleck or Elliott?

Top 5 women on your F list.

Favorite pizza toppings?

Where did you grow up?

Where did you go to college?

If you have to cross swords with one man, who would it be?
    I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

Do you own a llama?
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

What paht uh Mass. ah ya from?

How many marbles can you hold in your mouth?

Living or dead, who would you like to have a conversation with?

If you had to lose two fingers on your fretting hand, which two and why?
        " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Oh, and I did The Well CXIII genius.
          " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Hello, Dali... (yeah, I've been saving that one. )

What was that one "choir of angels" moment when you knew you were going to play guitar?
            sigpic
            "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
            --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
            Originally posted by Lewguitar
            In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

As far as mustaches go who has the better one? Selleck or Elliott?
              Tom Selleck, for sure. Plus, he drove a Ferrari. Did you know he was originally supposed to play Indiana Jones?

Top 5 women on your F list.
              Tough question...so many to choose from...
              #1, Scarlett Johannson
              #2, Nicole Kidman
              #3, Hayden Panetierre
              #4, Jessica Biel
              #5, Gemma Atkinson

Favorite pizza toppings?
              Cheese, pepperoni, bacon, ham. Yeah, no freakin' vegetarian here!

Where did you grow up?
              I grew up in the hard-hitting streets of Mystic, Connecticut. Don't laugh. It was tough. Some of us had to wear Lacoste instead of Polo.

Where did you go to college?
              I started out at Elizabethtown College in the middle of Pennsylvania. a liberal arts school tucked away between Hershey and Harrisburg. It was there that I learned how strange Pennsylvania is... and after averaging a C- (but an A+ in beer balls and girls - standard story) I transferred to Central Connecticut and became a CCSU Blue Devil. Working-class school with working-class students from working-class (or less) families. Great experience. Helped me grow up. I got my MBA from UConn.

If he were real I'd start with Anakin Skywalker. I mean, let's face it - he ordered the total obliteration of an entire planet! But, then again, he's not real so I'll say any Yankee fan.
              -=The Dali

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbend View Post
                Oh, and I did The Well CXIII genius.

Damn it! And I just had a shirt made up!
                Last edited by The Dali; 03-04-2011, 09:54 AM.
                -=The Dali

Comment

Do you own a llama?

I don't own a llama, but the people down the road from us bough 20 acres of land with their house with the express intent of starting a Llama farm. They even went so far as to clear some of the land and buy a truck with "Deer Run Farms" emblazoned on it.

Of course, they didn't check with town codes first... according to the zoning of the property they were restricted from running a commercial business on the land.

So, undeterred, they decided to run a "Llama farm for personal use". I know that many of you have also expressed an interest in running your own Llama farm for personal enjoyment, but apparently this was just a ruse to fool the town officials! Well, the "neighborhood" (we consist of over 60 houses) decided to expose this inaccuracy to the town, and now these people have 20 acres of land that they can't use.

viva la democracia
                  -=The Dali

Comment

Would you kill a snitch?
                    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

What paht uh Mass. ah ya from?

Not Mass, Connecticut! You know, that red-headed stepchild who is directly south of you but, west of that ignored illegitimate, slightly "slow, love child Rhode Island.

How many marbles can you hold in your mouth?
                      Enough to make you smile. Enough to make you smile.

Living or dead, who would you like to have a conversation with?
                      Saddam Hussein so I could find out where he freakin' hid those WMDs.

If you had to lose two fingers on your fretting hand, which two and why?
                      Good lord, what kind of question is that? Wow! I'll answer this assuming that you count the thuimb as a finger. Incidentally, whyt do people not condsider the thumb as a finger? Anyway... I wouldn't want to lose my thumb because then I'd really be no better than the primates in the zoo. Need the thumb. Ok, it wouldn't be the index finger because let's face it, the index finger is the leader of the hand. Yeah, I know, the middle finger is bigger and gets the most press, but the index finger is what makes that motor run. So, I'll keep the index finger and get rid of the middle finger. The middle finger is like that oversized football player buddy you had in high school. He was helpful when trying to land girls and keep you out of fights, but you haven't talked to him in 20 years. The ring finger is key. It holds your rings, and I have it on good authority that it takes commands directly from the index finger. Let's call it "Gilligan" to the index finger's "Skipper". So, the ring finger stays. The pinky is just a pain in the ass finger. It gets broken easily. It doesn't really do what you want it to do on a guitar fretboard. It is weak and small. So, let's keep the thumb, index finger and ring finger. At the very least I will be able to play with Barre chords. Plus, I could flip around and play left-handed.
                      -=The Dali

Comment

What was that one "choir of angels" moment when you knew you were going to play guitar?

Thanks for the question. Like many children of the early 1980s, I fell in love with the guitar after listening to 1984 by Van Halen. Before that album, I was a Huey Lewis and the News kinda kid. I became obsessed with Van Halen, and then they dumped DLR and picked up Sammy. Well, I really do think that I am in the group of people who got on the VH bandwagon just as DLR was being dumped so I wasn't really attached to him like those from the late 70s. When Sammy came on board I loved him and, in fact, probably view the two "bands" as equals.

Any how... during the 80s, after VH, I started getting into rock and metal and listening to the back-catalogue of bands like Aerosmith, Zep, Iron Maiden, Metallica... (remember, I was 12 in 1984). I became a very competent air-guitarist and was very happy rocking out without an actual instrument.

Many of you may agree with this statement: growing up in the late 70s/early 80s you didn't get all this "you can do anything you want" positive reinforcement that kids get today. Back then, I truly thought that if I had not been singled out by the advanced math and science teacher as an "exceptional" student yet, then I would never be something like a doctor or professor. Similiarly, if you didn't play an instrument by the age of 11 I just figured that you didn't have the "innate talent" to play a musicial instrument. Since I was never singled out for great math aptitude or musical ability, I never pursued those avenues.

I carried that thought process with me for years - years!!! I was good at many things, but I never thought I could play an instrument. I just didn't have "it" - the God-given talent. When I turned 30 I decided to try to learn to play guitar because I freaking love it (or so I thought) and my wife encouraged me to give it a shot. So, she bought me a beginner acoustic and I took some lessons.

Long story not quite so long... I found out that having some innate musical talent can really be useful!!! And I don't have it!! But, I did find out that you can learn to play an instrument with practice and dedication. What's more, as many of you probably know, I because very proificient in refinishing, building, fixing, and generally messing around with guitars and electronics. While I am a passable guitar player, I am very good at building and fixing guitars.
                        -=The Dali

Comment

You're flying over some distant mountains when your plane goes down. By some fluke of nature all people on the plane survived. Two part question . . . how long do you wait for rescue before resorting to cannibalism, and how do you pick who should be eaten?

Apocalypse comes and you're short on food and trapped in your own neighborhood. Who on your street do you kill and eat first, and why?

You are a master chef working at a busy restaurant but times are tough . . . you don't have enough money to buy meat one day, but you discover that your best waitress has accidentally been locked in the walk-in freezer and frozen to death. What cuts do you take from the carcass, and how do you season/prepare the flesh in order make it tasty enough for your diners that evening? (Remember, the more dishes you prepare, the less chance that someone will find incriminating body parts in your freezer.)
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Top 5 beers in the summer?

Top 5 beers in the winter?

Is your new Les paul sitting in your lap as you reply to these inquiries?
                            Beer me!
                            Originally posted by Kam
                            ...This machine runs on pr0n.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dali View Post
                              If he were real I'd start with Anakin Skywalker. I mean, let's face it - he ordered the total obliteration of an entire planet! But, then again, he's not real so I'll say any Yankee fan.
                              i dont think that phrase means what you think it means
                              gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
                              X