• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well CXIII: The Dali is en la casa

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
    i dont think that phrase means what you think it means

Maybe he knows exactly what it means.
    " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

If you could have one each of any guitar/amp/pedal and these three would be all you'd have for the rest of your life, which three?
      " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
        i dont think that phrase means what you think it means
        Ah... ok... well, I guess I didn't get that meaning from it... ok... let me think on that one.
        -=The Dali
        --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Donuts or Bagels?

Have you ever been to Star's Hollow?
          Originally posted by Vincent Vespa
          Dirtbag is only half full of dirt. There rest of him is full of awesome.
          I'm as happy as a Tornado in a trailer park!! \m/

Guitar: Fender American Special Mahogany HSS Strat
          Charvel 275DX (Single coil Custom JB, Lil'59 in neck)
          Fender Std Fat Strat MIM (Crazy8 in the bridge, Lil'59 in neck)
          Amp: Line6 Spider2-30 watt
          Lil 5 Watter from Hell AX84 Hi-Octane
          Effects: Boss SD-1 DIY TS9 on Steroids MOD

Comment

You're flying over some distant mountains when your plane goes down. By some fluke of nature all people on the plane survived. Two part question . . . how long do you wait for rescue before resorting to cannibalism, and how do you pick who should be eaten?

Steve, you're a weird dude for a guy that looks pretty normal.

So, how long do we run out of food? Are we so inept that none of us can find food? Are these mountains so high that it is freezing weather? Do we have water?

As a recent graduate of the University of "Lost", clearly we need to find fresh water first. Given how things played out, we need to make sure that no-one eats Hurley (even though he would be the most likely candidate to be eaten) because he'll need to run the mountains when we all leave.

Given that we are in a remote part of the world, likely in poor weather conditions, I think I'd try to wait until someone dies and then eat them.

But, I did just read "Unbroken" and those two dudes lasted like 40 days in the middle of the ocean with no water or food, so I think it would take a least 20 days before I resorted to eating a person.

Apocalypse comes and you're short on food and trapped in your own neighborhood. Who on your street do you kill and eat first, and why?

You guys don't know anyone on my street so you'd have no idea who I was talking about. Plus, I run a kick-ass garden on my property so I think we'd be ok.

You are a master chef working at a busy restaurant but times are tough . . . you don't have enough money to buy meat one day, but you discover that your best waitress has accidentally been locked in the walk-in freezer and frozen to death. What cuts do you take from the carcass, and how do you season/prepare the flesh in order make it tasty enough for your diners that evening? (Remember, the more dishes you prepare, the less chance that someone will find incriminating body parts in your freezer.)

Steve, What the ****?!?!

Seriously, if I work at a busy restaurant wouldn't it be easier (and less likely for me to end up in Hell) to just steal some food from the meat locker than to hack up my best waitress? This scenario is so far-fetched. Geez, it's not a plausible scenario like being lost in the mountains after a plane crash, or finding myself trapped in my neighborhood.
            -=The Dali

Comment

Originally posted by The Dali View Post

Steve, What the ****?!?!
              lol...
              I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

De Niro or Pacino?

Alice in Chains or Corrosion of Conformity?

Coke or Pepsi?

Comment

Top 5 beers in the summer?

Great question! Always love to chat about beer. I'm not a wine person by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I think I've become sick from drinking beer more than I've had actual glasses of wine.

In any event,

#1, Guinness - simply the best beer in the world
                    #2, Ten Penny Ale - local brew here in Central Connecticut; similar to a dark Sam Adams
                    #3, Newcastle - tastes similar to Ten Penny
                    #4, Corona or Corona Derivatives - not great beer, but so nice during a hot day
                    #5, Blue Moon/Shocktop - wheat beers are nice in the summer

Top 5 beers in the winter?

#1, Guinness - simply the best beer in the world
                    #2, Yuengling Black and Tan - nice brew I picked up a taste for during my days in Penn
                    #3, Sam Adams Winter
                    #4, Ten Penny Ale
                    #5, Grolsch

Is your new Les paul sitting in your lap as you reply to these inquiries?
                    Not on my lap, but I did bring it into the office today and it is sitting on the floor (in it's case) as I type! I have a few friends here in the office who are also guitar players, so I've been putting on a demo every 45 minutes or so... good times!!
                    -=The Dali

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                      Would you kill a snitch?
                      RATS AND SNITCHES

Rats and snitches are everywhere,
                      They blend so well we don't notice them there.
                      There's a fungus among us, they're all around
                      Wherever there's crime they're sure to be found.
                      Yeah, they're right in the middle runnin' the show,
                      How else would they learn the things they know?

They're usually the least ones you'd ever suspect,
                      'Cause they've been to the joint & shoot dope in their neck.
                      They probably supply half the town with drugs,
                      As they record every deal with their wireless bugs.

They're shadier than anyone that you'll ever meet,
                      And more scandalist than the best crook on the street.
                      Yeah, rats and snitches are a dime a dozen,
                      Who knows, one could even be your own cousin.
                      Rats and snitches are cheese eatin' *****es,
                      They should have their eyes taped shut
                      and their mouths in *titches.
                      They should all be completely *iped out of existence,

But now a days they've gained a social accptance.
                      It's so hard to believe how things are today,
                      And it is so much indeed to my own dismay;
                      For what once was considered a disgusting disgrace,
                      Has become its own breed in the human race.

They program our kids from their first day in school,
                      No matter how much we teach 'em that tellin' aint cool.
                      So, by the time that they're five yrs. old and on,
                      They're told to rat on their dad & snitch on their mom.
                      Yeah, this country promotes it and gives it protection,
                      Then puts it back on the streets to spread it's infection.

Oh, and the Feds really love the rats that do drugs,
                      With a real smooth quickness they'll hook 'em right up.
                      'Cause the cops always have the best **** in town,
                      So, they'll just give 'em their fix then follow them around.
                      Hell, in this day and time it's the new way to be,

'Cause you can still do crime...
                      'Give up three and go free'.
                      Well, I say: "*ill 'em all and send them to *ELL"
                      And if anyone asks...
                      I'LL NEVER TELL!!
                      -=The Dali

Comment

If you could have one each of any guitar/amp/pedal and these three would be all you'd have for the rest of your life, which three?

Hmmm... I'd have to say that if I could only have one guitar it would have to be a Fender Deluxe SSH Stratocaster upgraded with CS 69s and a Pearly Gates in the bridge. This would give me the most flexibility (single coils, humbucker, tremolo). Probably go with Sienna Burst and maple neck.

As for the amp... I don't have too much experience with amps, but I'd probably go with a Marshall Super Lead 100.

As for the pedal, given that I can only have one, I'll probably go with a Line6 XT Live to cover all the bases.

Kind of a boring answer - sorry - I'll try better with the next question.
                        -=The Dali

Comment

Donuts or Bagels?
                          I like them both, thank you very much. I guess overall I prefer bagels because they are like a SSH stratocaster - very flexibile. You can eat them straight, put cream cheese on them, create a PB&J sandwhich, eat them with eggs and bacon, etc... My favorite bagel/donut shop is Dunkin' Donuts.

Some history:
                          Captain Hanson Crockett Gregory was the inventor of the donut with a hole in the middle.

William Rosenberg, the food-franchising pioneer founded the Dunkin' Donuts chain. Rosenberg opened his first coffee and doughnut shop, called the Open Kettle, in Quincy, Massachusetts in 1948. The name was changed to Dunkin' Donuts in 1950.

You can spell "donut" in two ways: Generally, the "donut" is the Americanized version of the British "doughnut".

Have you ever been to Star's Hollow?
                          Interesting... I have never heard of it so I just Googled it and it is the fictional town in Connecticut used as the setting of Gilmour Girls. Since I have never watched the show I cannot comment on that town. I can, however, tell you a story about the place THAT town is supposed to be based on: Washington, CT. Yes, there is a town in Connecticut called Washington.

I visited said town about 8 years ago on a DJ gig. I used to DJ weddings on the weekends with my buddy Jack. In the summer we'd DJ 5 - 6 weddings a month. Nice money ($900 - 1500 per wedding).

Anyhow, we had a gig in Washington, CT and I'd never heard of the place. We eventually found the place, which is in the middle of nowhere, just north of ain't got a clue. The place is literally 100 years behind the rest of the world. It's like Colonial Williamsburg was teleported to northern Connecticut except all the people don't know they are actors. Anyway, the hall didn't have very many electrical outlets available and we had to run two very long extension cords to get the power to the DJ equipment. Well, as you can guess, people kept tripping on the cords and knocking out the music. Man, you don't want to be there when a bunch of middle-aged white people are dancing to "Do You Love Me" or "Sweet Caroline" and the power goes out. It gets ugly. Especially when the power goes on and the first CD starts spinning out "Gettin' Giggy With It"...
                          -=The Dali

Comment

De Niro or Pacino?
                            Tough call... I like more of De Niro's movies, and I think he's the better actor, but I think he's had more bad movies that Pacino. On the other hand, I don't really like Pacino in general, but some of his movies are simply epic. I guess if I had to make a call for one of them in their prime for a movie I'd go with Pacino.

Alice in Chains or Corrosion of Conformity?
                            Dude, I'll go with Alice in Chains, but only because I can't really stand singers with growly voices. The problem is, while I SHOULD like AIC, I don't. I don't know why - everything is there, but I just never got down with them.

Girlfriend story for each band...

Saw Alice In Chains open for VH during the F.U.C.K tour. Took my girlfriend Hannah. She was crazy hot. Much too hot for me... She looked like Rachel Hunter. Unreal. But she was 3 years younger (19 and 16) which is probably why I got her. That is why I also never "closed the deal" with her (which is a crying shame). Anyway, The show was awesome, and AIC was really good. They had just come out with "Man in the Box" so that was the only song I knew, but we both listened to them on the way home. Nice memory.

The other... so I'm sorta listening to COC back in the day (college). The album was "Blind" and this guy I'm friends with is a DJ at the college radio station. He introduces me to COC and other harder stuff (Mr. Bungle, etc). Most of the stuff doesn't jive with my musical sensibilities, but whatever. So one day I'm supposed to go to the studio with him and he calls me and tells me to forget it. No explanation. I find out later the next day that he's banging my girlfriend and the two of them are moving to Texas after the semester is over. (She was another knockout. Don't ask me how I got her - I think it was pure persistence on my part). I get hammered that night, walk back to my apartment and wake up on the side of the street as apparently I passed out about 300 feet from my apartment door.

Coke or Pepsi?
                            Neither. If I drink soda it is 7up. The uncola.
                            -=The Dali

Comment

Originally posted by The Dali View Post

#5, Grolsch
                              I can get behind most of your other beer choices . . . but Grolsch as a winter beer? Are you talking about the regular pilsner, or some other variety that I've never tried?
                              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                                I can get behind most of your other beer choices . . . but Grolsch as a winter beer? Are you talking about the regular pilsner, or some other variety that I've never tried?
                                Honestly, I was running out of options for winter. I like the classic Grolsch pilsner, and I drink it in the winter (and the fall, and the summer, and the spring for that matter) so I threw it down. Other than Corona-esque beers I don't really change it up during the seasons.

Let's be honest. I drink Guinness 90% of the time.
                                -=The Dali

Comment

Working...
                                X