X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 42 best overdrive, distortion and fuzz pedals of all time

according to MusicRadar.com
    http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...&source=MRNEWS

there're several pedals that I didn't know existed.

Re: The 42 best overdrive, distortion and fuzz pedals of all time

List fail.....

If this is suppose to be the best of all time, then this guy is on crack. How do you put a Pro CO Rat 2 at 11? It's a good pedal but come on now, original rat is by far better. DS1 stock sux, Keeley modded much better. The only MXr pedal is a Micro Amp?
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

why 42? Is the 43rd best pedal such a turd they felt compelled to stop at 42?

Comment

I hate clicking through top whatever lists like that. just list them, ya know?!

Comment

How is a SansAmp considered an overdrive/distortion/fuzz pedal?

Comment

This is why I hate the "what's the best OD/Distortion/fuzz pedal" threads that pop up weekly on every gear board. There's always 42 different answers because there IS NO definitive answer. There's got to be hundreds of dirt pedals on the market, 90% of which are just clones of each other. They're cheap to make and often sound good because they're all based on time tested designs. So, it's like posting, "What flavour of ice cream should I get?"
            -
            My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
              I hate clicking through top whatever lists like that. just list them, ya know?!
              Correct...

I clicked the link, and then closed the window. I can't be bothered with having to load a page 42 times for an article I barely care about.
              -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
              “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
                List fail.....

If this is suppose to be the best of all time, then this guy is on crack. How do you put a Pro CO Rat 2 at 11? It's a good pedal but come on now, original rat is by far better. DS1 stock sux, Keeley modded much better. The only MXr pedal is a Micro Amp?

I think its just a list of 42 of the best. I couldn't find anywhere that it said that the list was in order.

I'm not sure they could stay a guitar site if they listed DS-1 as superior to the SunFace...

Comment

Thanks for sharing the link,....I guess???

Not sure the point of it....who's who?, pedals they like?, popularity contest? Why am I such a sucker for lists?

Comment

nah... just wanted to share the link. Don't take it so serious.
                    Obviously it's rather the most used pedals instead of the 'best' pedals of all time.

Comment

I wasn't thrilled about the slide-show aspect. But in the end I am glad that I went through it. There were a few pedals in there I hadn't heard of that I might be interested in. The Wampler pedals specifically. I like the looks of the Ecstasy and that plexi-something one. Will have to take a closer look at those...
                      "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

42 is the magic number and the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything.

- KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
                        Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
                        Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
                        I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake OvenŽ of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

I'd be more interested in the top 42 lists ever created....... Talk about Irony
                          Originally posted by grumptruck
                          No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                          Originally posted by Gear Used
                          PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                          Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                          Mesa Stiletto Ace
                          Gurus 5015
                          Mesa Widebody 1X12
                          Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
                            I wasn't thrilled about the slide-show aspect. But in the end I am glad that I went through it. There were a few pedals in there I hadn't heard of that I might be interested in. The Wampler pedals specifically. I like the looks of the Ecstasy and that plexi-something one. Will have to take a closer look at those...
                            Wampler stuff is top notch!!!
                            Originally posted by jeremy
                            God hates bad guitar tone
                            GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                            AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                            EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                            Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

No metal distortions (racists ! LOL) and Ibanez number one... yeah, that's a very bad selection IMO
                              There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
                              Don't ask.

Comment

Working...
                              X