No announcement yet.

Absolute best Les Paul pickup and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Absolute best Les Paul pickup and why?

i used a GFS alnico 2 classic in the neck of my semi-hollow(bubinga body/quilt top) jaguar, and jesus... it sounds like sex.... granted, it's probably mostly the guitar.
    Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

hes not always drunk, but hes always Jerry.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

SH-18 Whole Lotta Humbucker with Jimmy Page Wiring. IMHO
        Les Paul R0 Custom Shop Whole Lotta Humbuckers
        Les Paul R0 Custom Shop Pearly Gates
        Eric Clapton Custom Shop Blackie Stratocaster Classic Stack Plus Set
        PRS Core Tremonti
        PRS Core 408
        PRS Core 594 SC
        Martin Eric Clapton 000-28EC
        Line 6 Helix

Comment

I don't know i have right now in my Vintage brand Les Paul copy Custom on bridge and Pearly Gates on neck and it sounds awesome. that' s the only pickups i used to play on my Les Paul beside the stock wilkinsons. even wilkinsons sound great. i played em for a while, but then install those duncans. the sound is definately better with duncans, it's more versatile and less noisy on high gain.

Comment

P-90s, but any flavor of PAF that suits the guitar (wood and configuration differ) is just as good. That said, a Super Distortion is pretty freakin' sweet and will give you a ton of classic '70s hard rock tones.
            "I don't like the real world. I have to live there, and it sucks. It's drab, it's dingy, quality control is a f*cking joke, A-cups are far too prevalent, nobody can fly and all the dinosaurs are dead!" -- The Game Overthinker

Comment

It depends. For lower output: bonamassa sig set. Medium output: patb3 amd screaming demon. High output: patb12 alnico 8 hybrid set or fullshred / distortion hybrid alnico8.

Comment

Half aired JB/Tone Zone hybrid with A8 and hex/fillister screws.

sh*t... talk about modding a pickup.

Comment

Bridge Super 70 (A8 paf) to single volume pot to jack
                  "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Working...
                  X