banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well CXVI : Nagash against the wall !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well CXVI : Nagash against the wall !

I'm not spoiled. They give me the basics everyone needs, that's the parents' job. Yeah.

But never being able to get a little bit more, something different, sucks. I have many interests in life, I'd like to do so many things, and I could if they just LET me. It's not even a question of money. My room is empty : of course, I have almost nothing. I bled myself to death just to buy a guitar, with MY money. They almost kicked me from home for that. MY money...

And yes, I could work, but I find no job. I'm searching all the time, that's why I spend so much time in front of my computer at the moment.

Also, yes, they pay my studies. Again, IMO this is their job as parents, and I'd do the same with my kids if I had some. But studying is like hell, they almost spy on me. You know, when the kid is in third grade, you make sure he does his math exercises, right ? Well, mine still do it now. And I'm almost 20. I'd like to be able to work for myself, alone, with no whatever bull**** to disturb me all the time. Like, just leave me in my room. That's all I want, they just don't leave me alone. I'm okay with what they did before, okay, I think it's crap how they raised me, maybe it isn't, no matter. I am the way I am and that won't change anymore. I just want them to leave me to my business.
    There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
    Don't ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash View Post
      I'm not spoiled. They give me the basics everyone needs, that's the parents' job. Yeah.

But never being able to get a little bit more, something different, sucks. I have many interests in life, I'd like to do so many things, and I could if they just LET me. It's not even a question of money. My room is empty : of course, I have almost nothing. I bled myself to death just to buy a guitar, with MY money. They almost kicked me from home for that. MY money...

And yes, I could work, but I find no job. I'm searching all the time, that's why I spend so much time in front of my computer at the moment.

Also, yes, they pay my studies. Again, IMO this is their job as parents, and I'd do the same with my kids if I had some. But studying is like hell, they almost spy on me. You know, when the kid is in third grade, you make sure he does his math exercises, right ? Well, mine still do it now. And I'm almost 20. I'd like to be able to work for myself, alone, with no whatever bull**** to disturb me all the time. Like, just leave me in my room. That's all I want, they just don't leave me alone. I'm okay with what they did before, okay, I think it's crap how they raised me, maybe it isn't, no matter. I am the way I am and that won't change anymore. I just want them to leave me to my business.
      If they pay for your studies, isn't what you call spying just checking on their investment? It sounds to me like they've given you the experience of what it's like to have to sacrifice for something you want. I'm not completely defending your parents here, because I don't know them. I'm trying to put things in a different light.
      "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

Originally posted by ginormous View Post
        Who are your favorite musicians (metal and non-metal)?
        Metal :
        Children Of Bodom. On the early albums (until Follow The Reaper), they just kicked major ass.
        Dissection. Storm Of The Light's Bane is just as epic as it gets.
        Battlelore. I just love their music, the role playing about Lord Of The Rings. And I met their singer "incidentally" once (it was after their gig, I was looking for a buddy of mine, turned around and BAM she was right in front of me. I forget how to talk, I freaked out ^^).

Most metal I listen to is Scandinavian. You know, like, melodic and aggressive at the same time.

Non-metal :
        Evanescence. Let's call them a gothic rock band. "Fallen" is just so great.
        German rappers : Sido, Bushido and Fler.
        And a French singer called Hélène Ségara. I just love what she does. Online, I sound aggressive and harsh, for whatever reason. But IRL I'm a very romantic person, and her songs are just my kind of thing. If you understand any bit of French and are curious enough, I can post some of her stuff. At the moment, I listen to her songs most of the time. I have listened to only one metal song today (Hypocrisy : "Eraser" )
        There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
        Don't ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.K View Post
          If they pay for your studies, isn't what you call spying just checking on their investment? It sounds to me like they've given you the experience of what it's like to have to sacrifice for something you want. I'm not completely defending your parents here, because I don't know them. I'm trying to put things in a different light.
          Hey, I'm quite thankful you do so. It's just that... I can't agree with everything you say. That's cause I'm the one who lives with them . You know, they "check on their investment". Head shot : I'd be okay if they checked on THEIR SON. But they never call me that, as you wonderfully pointed it out, they really do call me an investment. To me, it's like with the pocket money : they give me money, so they trust me that I know how to use it. Otherwise, they wouldn't give me any and I'd have to ask for their permission to buy something. But first letting me buy it, and scream at me afterwards cause they don't like what I bought (for myself, that is), that's weird. And for my studies, same thing : they let me do the studies I want (finally, after some fighting) and then they check everything I do cause they don't trust me. Yeah, obviously, I try to convince them to let me do these studies instead of others because I certainly DON'T want to do them, logic ! (That was ironical, I'm sure you noticed, but I want to make sure).

The hardest for me is, when I know what's best for me, when I know how to get it, etc, I still have to convince my parents. Like, it doesn't cost anything, it's not risky, I sure want to do it. They don't like it ? Bam, I'm out of the business, goodbye, see you tomorrow. And that's how my whole life works.
          Don't ask.

Comment

Maybe you should try to look at it from another perspective. You can't see the flowers because of the weeds.

Comment

Maybe you should try to look at it from another perspective. You can't see the flowers because of the weeds.
              Maybe. Everything I said is from my present point of view. If things change, I'll change my mind as well. But I've seen how they work for long enough, and I don't expect any major positive changes. We'll just see.

On the other hand, my parents have always been a huge problem to me, because of many things. You asked out of curiosity, I just evacuated

If there's anything more you'd like to know, just ask. As you see, I'm not refusing to answer anything.
              Don't ask.

Comment

That's cool Nagash. I hope you don't feel that I'm badgering you, that's not my intent. Have told your parents some of things you've told me, in a nonconfrontational manner? Sometime's it's all in the delivery.

Comment

Do you really eat frogs and snails legs and stuff?
                  I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

That's cool Nagash. I hope you don't feel that I'm badgering you, that's not my intent. Have told your parents some of things you've told me, in a nonconfrontational manner? Sometime's it's all in the delivery. It's not like we haven't tried, my sister and I, but "we don't know ****" and they don't listen.
                    Originally posted by Kam View Post
                    Do you really eat frogs and snails legs and stuff? Some French people sure do, but it's not like everyone loves this. And even then... First, I'm not French (yet), second, I'm vegetarian as I already said, third, it's really not something I would have tried anyway.
                    Don't ask.

Comment

When and why did you decide to become a vegetarian?

Are you just vegetarian or vegan?

Do you still use milk, cheese and eggs?

Comment

When and why did you decide to become a vegetarian? Last summer and because of someone.

Are you just vegetarian or vegan?

Do you still use milk, cheese and eggs? Two answers in one, I'm just vegetarian. Vegans are those who stay away from milk, cheese and eggs as well, I still use these.
                        (I just realised I have no booze left. That's critical.)
                        Don't ask.

Comment

Last summer and because of someone.
                          Could you elaborate?

I knew the difference but some don't.

Comment

Could you elaborate?
                            I hope you can understand if I prefer not to. Sorry.
                            Don't ask.

Comment

Looks like this thread is over... who's next ?
                              Don't ask.

Comment

Some French people sure do, but it's not like everyone loves this. And even then... First, I'm not French (yet), second, I'm vegetarian as I already said, third, it's really not something I would have tried anyway.

Oh, I forgot you said you were vegetarian. Sorry about that. I also just realised that I said "snail's legs". Fail.

Anyway:

You get to fight one historical figure. Who is it?

You get to go back in time (if you choose) and ask any person from past or present one single question. Who do you visit, what do you ask them and why?
                                I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Working...
                                X