Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well CXVII: Hoss is Boss!!!

Originally posted by Dr.K View Post
    Alright Bro! I've been waiting for months to hear this rest of this story.
    Not much to the rest of the story really...the drummer was a co-worker of ours who eventually got canned because he failed a few too many piss tests. The guy definitely had some inner demons and his wife nearly died at one point. Great guy...and awesome drummer...2nd best i ever heard/played with!

The singer was me...i had the foolish notions of ROCK STARDOM back then...but it was too late...too hard to do with a family...no matter how bad i would want it...eventually i could see how it would conflict with other areas of my life. my life won.
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
      If you could kick one forum member off the forums forever who would it be?

Would you watch a sextape of Grump and Kam if you knew you would get paid $10,000.00?

Top 3 favorite politicians ever?

If you could be reincarnated into any 5 animals, which ones would you pick and why?

If you had a pick of any carry handgun and it was the only one you could ever own, what would you pick?
      If you could kick one forum member off the forums forever who would it be? KR...i mean DL...you know who i mean!

Would you watch a sextape of Grump and Kam if you knew you would get paid $10,000.00? as tempting as interracial stuff like that is...i'd have to pass...maybe for $15000...that's what...3 Les Pauls?

Top 3 favorite politicians ever? I've become so disenfranchised with politics that i can barely stand to even think about it.

If you could be reincarnated into any 5 animals, which ones would you pick and why?
      1.Lion - Is there anything cooler?
      2.Bald Eagle - We all want to fly right?
      3.Great White Shark - Dumm...Dum...Dumm...Dum
      4.T-Rex - What would little arms be like?
      5.My Shih-Tzu Mojo...he lives the life of Riley!

If you had a pick of any carry handgun and it was the only one you could ever own, what would you pick? Sig Sauer P229 DAK...pretty much my dream gun. If everything goes as planned, our Dept will get them in October...so i'll really be able to tell you how i feel about it then!

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon View Post
        What is your favorite piece of gear...the one you would never part with?

What's your favorite thing about your wife relationship-wise? (nothing indiscrete intended of course)
        What is your favorite piece of gear...the one you would never part with? Easy..."Petey", my 80's USA Schecterh PT/Saturn! If it's not buried with me, it will at least be sitting on a stand next to my casket!

What's your favorite thing about your wife relationship-wise? (nothing indiscrete intended of course) She's THE ABSOLUTE VERY BEST friend i've ever had! I mean i've has some incredible friends...in highschool...teammates...college roommates...co-workers...i'm talking people i would literally take a bullett for...brothers for life! But, they aren't even in the same league as my Bren...she's my everything!

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
          What is your favorite verse or passage?
          Psalm 27...especially the first part of the first verse..."The Lord is my Light and my Salvation" the whole chapter is special to me though! Followed closely by Revelation 5!

Comment

Originally posted by bungalowbill View Post
            How many dirtboxes have you owned?

Which ones are hype and which are the real deal?

If I was speeding and you pulled me over...would you give me a ticket?
            Yikes...i don't even know if i can remember them all! I've probably had a little over 20?

As far as hype...for me...the Fulltone OCD. It didn't play well with others for sure and i play through a Fender voiced amp...i feel like it's really geared towards Marshall voiced amps. The Catalinbread DLS is soooo much better to me...not even close...of course that's all imho!

Hmmm...the ticket could probably be negotiated in Strats!
            Last edited by Hoss; 05-12-2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
              Not much to the rest of the story really...the drummer was a co-worker of ours who eventually got canned because he failed a few too many piss tests. The guy definitely had some inner demons and his wife nearly died at one point. Great guy...and awesome drummer...2nd best i ever heard/played with!

The singer was me...i had the foolish notions of ROCK STARDOM back then...but it was too late...too hard to do with a family...no matter how bad i would want it...eventually i could see how it would conflict with other areas of my life. my life won.
              Thanks man! I got the impression you were the drummer and the singer was someone else. Gives us a little insight into who you are, being able to give yourself a little rip there.
              "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

Why did you choose the user name Hoss? Don't most guys in your area of the world get called Hoss, Bubba, Slim or something similar?
                "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

Nissan or Toyota?
                  Tomato or Tomato?

If you had a tragic accident that severely limited the use use of your fretting hand, would you concentrate of slide or would you work to play other handed?

How old were you when you had your greatest life altering experience?

Did you know my mother went to college with Dan Blocker?

Do you have a college degree ...... and if so, in what discipline?

On a scale from one to ten how would you rate yourself as a guitarist ..... B .... B+?
                  I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
                    If you had to kill one person, who would it be? and why?

What's the most important thing in your life?

Most important person?

If I gave you the choice to be fabulously wealthy, amazingly talented, and a total chick magnet, and somehow, you retain all your friends, but the catch is that you must sever all ties to your existing family, and you cannot ever have a family ever again, would you do it?

What enrages you?

What settles you down?
                    If you had to kill one person, who would it be? and why? They just killed him a few days ago although i hear his burial at sea was demeaning...yeah so was 9/11.

What's the most important thing in your life? Yikes...all the forbidden topics in here! haha! That's easy...not even a second thought...My personal relationship with Jesus Christ is the single most important thing in my life.

Most important person? I gotta go with 2 here...My wife Brenda and my daughter Julia...i'm the luckiest dude in the world...to be called husband and father.

If I gave you the choice to be fabulously wealthy, amazingly talented, and a total chick magnet, and somehow, you retain all your friends, but the catch is that you must sever all ties to your existing family, and you cannot ever have a family ever again, would you do it? Hahaha...i already have wealth beyond monetary measure. I have all the talents that God has gifted me with. I'm still a chick magnet...i get chicken stuck between my teeth every single time i eat chinese food! I spend 99.99% of every moment of my life that i'm not at work with my family...they are part of the wealth i already spoke of.

What enrages you? Crimes against children. I can't hardly stand to even think about it!

What settles you down? No matter how mad...no matter how furious i am...no matter what it's about...one smile from my wife breaks down any and all armor and walls i can put up...i melt.

Comment

Thanks man! I got the impression you were the drummer and the singer was someone else. Gives us a little insight into who you are, being able to give yourself a little rip there.
                      hahah...i can rip on me with the best of them! i have no visions of grandeur!

i love music...love what makes it...the emotions...the ability to convey what you feel inside with people who "get it".

i'm a total hack on the guitar...but i get by. i tend to improve when i play with people who are better than me pretty quick...sadly...really sadly (haha) i'm currently the best musician in the band at my church...so while i've been more creative in the other areas of music (writing/arranging) my actually playing skills have been at a stand still for quite some time.

Comment

Why did you choose the user name Hoss? Don't most guys in your area of the world get called Hoss, Bubba, Slim or something similar?
                        hahaha...i call everyone Hoss!

i've been called Hoss since i was a little kid...my last name is Hoskins...i guess i eventually and unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) grew into the name in a "roundabout" way...hahah!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                          Nissan or Toyota?
                          Tomato or Tomato?

If you had a tragic accident that severely limited the use use of your fretting hand, would you concentrate of slide or would you work to play other handed?

How old were you when you had your greatest life altering experience?

Did you know my mother went to college with Dan Blocker?

Do you have a college degree ...... and if so, in what discipline?

On a scale from one to ten how would you rate yourself as a guitarist ..... B .... B+?
                          Nissan or Toyota? Dodge , seriously though...i'd go with Toyota. I almost bought a Tacoma once.

Tomato or Tomato? It all makes Salsa and Sauce...i'll take either or is it either?

If you had a tragic accident that severely limited the use use of your fretting hand, would you concentrate of slide or would you work to play other handed? Hmm...never thought about that one? I'd probably try slide?!

How old were you when you had your greatest life altering experience? 4 years young. I was stung by a wasp inside the nose and then rushed to a nearby dr's office...they quickly realized i was severly allergic to the sting...however they didn't know i was also going to be allergic to the medicine they would give me to treat it. I was in a coma and on life support for 7 months...they thought that my fever had reached such a height that i was more than likely brain damaged beyond repair. My mom and dad's insurance wouldn't pay for the life support any longer. The night before they were going to pull the plug on me, my mother knelt beside my bed and told God that i was in His hands...and that she was at peace with whatever He decided. I woke up 10 minutes before they were scheduled to let me go the next morning. I'm still trying to figure out why i was spared...and i'm doing my best with my second chance! I may mess up all the time...but i'll NEVER stop trying!

Did you know my mother went to college with Dan Blocker? Nope, but that doesn't surprise me, because i have no idea who Dan Blocker is...haha!

Do you have a college degree ...... and if so, in what discipline? Ahhh...another bad taste in my mouth...haha! I went for 3 years as a Religion/Theology Major. It was really a 5 or 6 year degree that i tried like crazy to complete in 4. I took 20-25 hours a semester, and while i could hack it my freshman and first part of my sophmore year, when i started taking the more advanced classes...i burned myself out sooooo bad that i've never really recovered from it to this day!

On a scale from one to ten how would you rate yourself as a guitarist ..... B .... B+? I'd say a 5 or a C...i've heard equal amounts of guitar players worse than me and probably that many better than me as well!

Comment

Whatever happened to bigdaddyhoss
                            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                            https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I have no idea who Dan Blocker is...haha!

I know he had nothing to do with your sobriquet, but he played Hoss Cartwright on a TV series called Bonanza.

Further derailment video:

I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Lucid would find a way to get wasted on plants
                                I'm gonna start practicing..................................... NOW.

Comment

Working...
                                X