Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well CXVII: Hoss is Boss!!!

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
    what is your highest level of education I don't know how many hours i finished...i was trying to complete a degree that took 5-6 years in 4 and was taking 20+ a semester for 3 years.

where were you born? what is your age? I was born in Scottsburg Indiana...i'm 36 years old for a few more weeks.

what is your occupation I work as a security contractor for the Federal Gov't.

what is the single most important accomplishment you'd like to achieve before you draw your final breath Raising my child to be the best possible person she can be.

what accomplishment have you achieved that is your proudest To be honest, I don't feel like i've accomplished anything of significance.

what accomplishment have you achieved that is your most profound regret I don't regret any accomplishments...but i "think" you are asking what my greatest regret is. I have 3 of equal measure...things that i regret or always wonder "what if?"
    1. Finishing College. I wish i woudln't have burned myself out so hard.
    2. I wonder what would have happened had i followed my original college plan and attended the University of Kentucky (I had already beena accepted and changed my mind with 1 week to spare) and walked on the Basketball team for Coach Pitino.
    3. Joined the Army. I was so intent on flying helicopters. I had dreamed of it most of my teenage years, but sadly, the last semester of my Senoir year, my eyes started failing me. My recruiter told me that i wouldn't be able to fly without Un-aided 20/20 or better vision. So i gave up on the whole thing.

what do we not know about you that you'd like us to? That i'm the second funniest person i know, the "life of the party". My sense of humor doesn't come through on here at all...nor do i really try to use it often. I come here for entertainment myself, not to entertain...i suppose.

what do we think we know about you that is false I'm not sure, I don't know what people really think about me on here?

what are some of the philosophical truths that guide you in your day-to-day? The Lord is my Light and my Salvation. I deserve nothing, but I have everything. You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.

what did your parents/family of origin do well that you hope to emulate? Work hard...sacrifice for family...Love.

what did your parents/family of origin do not well that you hope to improve upon ? I wouldn't change a thing...I can only hope to be half as good as they were.

favorite childhood memory? Spending time at my grandmother's house in the country. Give me a BB gun and watch out...i fought WW2, Korea, Vietnam, & all sorts of mobsters and bad guys in those woods...and had the time of my life doing it!

tell us one thing that was true about you 5 years ago that is no longer true and you are happy that it is not true I'm no longer living paycheck to paycheck...almost...but not quite.

tell us one thing that was true about you 5 years ago that is no longer true and you are sad that it is not true I was in an AWESOME band.

tell us one thing that is not true today but you hope will be true about you in 5 years that you welcome I'm in an AWESOME band...haha!

tell us one thing that is not true today but that is likely to be true about you in 5 years but that you hope to avoid That i'm still overweight.

tell us of your most influential romantic relationship - how did it start - how did it end (if it has ended) - how did it influence who you are today It definitely never ended. My wife Bren has been my help in too many ways to even mention. It started in March of my freshman year in College. The church i grew up in was putting a basketball team in a tournament of Churches from all over the region in Indianapolis. They asked if i could drive down from Chicago and meet them there. Of course, I was all for it. Her Church had a team in the tournament as well. She was living in South Bend at the time. I suppose she was "enamored" with me...for lack of a better word, and between games, she started getting closer to me, making eye contact and finally a mutual friend introduced us. My team won the tourney and a couple of my "sick dunks" in the championship game won her heart ...at least that's what i tell everyone. Anyways, we exchanged numbers and addresses...and the rest as they say...is "History".

what one thing (that is not about your physical appearance) would you change about yourself today if you had a magic wand that would serve this purpose I would love to lose my temper and gain a LOT more patience.
    cool! thanks, mike
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
      What do you think about Motown?

Have you been to the symphony and/or opera?
      Were you in band in high school?

Do you have the entire discography of any artist/band?
      What do you think about Motown? Love it actually...Stevie Wonder is my fave...My Cherie Amour is so cool...and Superstition is THE JAM!!!

Have you been to the symphony and/or opera?
      Were you in band in high school?
      Yes on both accounts. It was a requirement when i took Fine Arts in College. Didn't care for the opera too much...but i'll go to a symphony anytime. I played the Alto Saxaphone all the way through school. Sadly, i sold it several years ago...wish i still had it!

Do you have the entire discography of any artist/band? Entire discography...hmm...i don't think so...I do have almost all of Tom Petty's...& probably nearly all of Zeppelin's stuff as well.
      Originally posted by jeremy
      God hates bad guitar tone
      GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
      AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
      EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
      Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by grumptruck
        Do you hold your nose when you sing it?
        No...i'm naturally nasally like Tomlin...haah!

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
          What is the number, exp date and security code on your credit card with the highest max?

Hey it's worth a shot

Didn't notice if anyone asked - what is your favorite Tom Petty song with or without the Heartbreakers?
          You had to ask that didn't ya!? That's tough...there are several that mean a lot to me!

I LOVE the feel/emotion of Room at the Top quite a bit...and I Won't Back Down is a personal anthem...

almost forgot...i don't have a single credit card.
          Last edited by Hoss; 05-17-2011, 06:31 AM.

Comment

If you had the chance to purcase a sweet Dark Cherry Red Hamer w/SD P90 stacks
            from a forum bro at an excellent price. Would you?

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

You had to ask that didn't ya!? That's tough...there are several that mean a lot to me!

I LOVE the feel/emotion of Room at the Top quite a bit...and I Won't Back Down is a personal anthem...

almost forgot...i don't have a single credit card.
              Nice choice and bravo on the CC's!

I thought I was the only long timer left that hadn't done the Well
              My Bands -
              https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
              www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
              www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
              GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? Yeah...i do. God is a creator. However, i don't believe they've ever been here.
                We have been here.
                Enjoy the Balls

Comment

Originally posted by Balls of Niobium View Post
                  We have been here.

Shhh best they don't know that
                  My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                    Nice choice and bravo on the CC's!

I thought I was the only long timer left that hadn't done the Well
                    It's yours next then...I'll leave it for another day or two...see what comes up and then it's yours bro!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSnMettle View Post
                      If you had the chance to purcase a sweet Dark Cherry Red Hamer w/SD P90 stacks
                      from a forum bro at an excellent price. Would you?

Peace,

Darrin
                      oh my...unfortunately...all my $$$ is tied up in our upcoming vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Balls of Niobium View Post
                        We have been here.
                        true...

Comment

It's yours next then...I'll leave it for another day or two...see what comes up and then it's yours bro!
                          Sure I'd be down with that.
                          My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

What do you do for a living?
                            "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.K View Post
                              What do you do for a living?
                              I'm a Security Contractor for the U.S. Gov't.

Comment

What are you wearing?

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X