Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well CXVIII: Wattage you say?

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    Ok - I'm back, beer in hand, tunes going. Let's see....haven't done a well in a while, but this one is shaping up nicely...
    HOLY CRAP!

#1 Ace Gene Peter or Paul? answer is obvious...however - WHY that individual?

Ace all the freaking way. It started out as Gene for me, the blood and fire had me hooked but once I really got into KISS, it was all about Ace. His whacky off beat sense of everything, the Spaceman, the laugh and eventually the solo album. He was Rock N Roll in spades.

#2 Three favorite KISS tunes up up to and including ALIVE?

Deuce, All The Way, Love Her All I Can (bonus for Alive - 100,000 Years)

#3 Three favorite KISS tunes up to and including ALIVE II

Detroit Rock City, Take Me, Shock Me (bonus for AliveII - Rocket Ride)

#4 Favorite KISS album of all time?

Hotter Than Hell - I love the guitar sounds on it, so freaking RAW!

#5 If you were going to be prison raped - what position?

Heavily sedated hopefully

#6 Where do you stand on pantaloons?

I don't know reminds me of Skarey and a Dave Matthews Band thing he had going on, I hate Dave Matthews Band so I'll say I hate pantaloons!

#6 Rick Nielson guitar you would want to own?

His '58 Les Paul, one of my dream axes. In case he tried to kill me when I was sneaking off with it I'll take his first Hamer Standard.*** I change that after the LP I want Uncle Dick, the double neck that looks like a cariacature of him.

#7 Fave Cheap Trick records Old/New?

In Color and Black and White from the old stuff, Next Position Please for the Non-Tom era and Cheap Trick '97 from the later catalog. The last few discs are excellent though, they will never get enough credit for how great they are as far a I am concerned.

#8 Famous person living who you would like to have dinner with - and what is one thing you would want to discuss with them, and where would you like to eat?

Right now probably Wayne Kramer, he is a really intelligent musician from a very important band on Rock history. He basically lost everything and somehow turned it around. He may be more successful now than ever in his life, he is a very impressive cat. I would like to discuss his life, personal philosophy and how he got where he is. Where to eat? Mmmm Irondoquit Hots next to House of Guitars in Rochester, NY then maybe we could go next door and talk guitars for a few.

#9 Correct ingredients for a truly awesome cheesesteak - besides the steak, and roll?

Grilled green peppers and onions with cheddar cheese.

#10 ((((10.2*893)(457.9 / 873))raised to the 5th power *.00000473) divided by the square root of 17) + 2

13,642,214,158,016,100 (like this is going to be even close! ha)

#11 Roth vs Hagar - a critical assessment?

Dave can't sing like Sammy but was super cool for longer than most men have hair. Sammy can sing but cool has never been his thing. VH was never the same without Dave but Dave lost it and will likely never find it again. Sammy keeps treading on the scared Montrose ground but never quite can capture the greatness of Bad Motor Scooter can he? They've both had pretty good runs. Sammy lost me at "I Can't Drive 55" and Dave lost me when he got Vai on guitar, oh well. Wasn't Steve's fault Dave just became all cartoon at that point. Where was that badass MF'er that did the first VH album, where Dave, where the hell did that guy go?????

#12 what ONE piece of KISS memorabilia would you like to have, besides one of Frehley's guitars?

Space Bear

#13 Women: Naked or in lingerie?

Hmm.....naked! But it is cool if it starts out with lingerie for sure.

#14 Best IPA, Lager, Stoudt, and Pilsner?
    IPA - don'tlike them much at all so I don't have much reference but I'll go with Brooklyn Brewery's East India Pale Ale.
    Lager - Sam Adams Boston Lager, Blue Point Toasted Lager but probably Spaten Premium
    Stout - Portsmouth Brewery Milk Stout
    Pilsner - Pilsner Urquell

#15 Today's youth - moral terpitude or the impact of escalating materialism?

I don't know are they that much worse? I think today's parents are worse than the kids. So since it is put on them I'll go with escalating materialism.

#16 Lingerie - favorite outfit?

I don't usually wear lingerie but when I do...Oh OK I see - black teddy

#17 Should we feed starving nations even though they continue to live in a frickin' desert?

Sam Kinison? I think we should have an abundance mentality as often as we possibly can. I understand the "teach a man to fish" and get him somewhere he can grow crops thought but I don't know how we can as a nation pick them all up and move them, probably be cheaper in the long run though huh?

#18 Do you believe that the American legislature has became so disconnected from the populace that we are headed for a second revolution? What will be the weapon of choice by the proletariat?

The populace is getting so disconnected from reality that there is no hope for an earnest revolution forget how self serving and power hungry the legislators are. They populace would want the government to fight the damn revolution for them, so no I don't think a revolution is coming anytime soon. If there is one the weapon of choice it will be a smart phone.

#19 What is the one thing you hope your kids do, that they probably won't? What is something you think they will do that reflect best on you as a parent?

I wish my kids would really learn to play guitar well (or some instrument). They've both had their hand at it, my son got pretty good but he moved on to different things. My daughter gets excited about it now and then and has a uke that she learned a bunch of tunes on. They love music but the need to create it isn't there unfortunately, maybe when they get older.

They already make me look like a superstar parent just being who they are. I am pretty sure they will both make incredible parents and that would be a great legacy as a parent.

#20 Ever administered the Shocka?

hehe yup!

#21 If you could only use ONE duncan pup in all your guitars forever - which model and why?

The '59, it is as versatile a pickup as there is, great voice and very consistent from pickup to pickup.

#22 Which TV show do you wish they would start making again?

Easy, The Adventures of Brisco County Jr but I miss the X Files a lot.

#23 First TV/Movie actress crush?

Jeannie/Barbara Eden

#24 Age when you last ate a booger?

I don't think I ever ate one, that has always given me the gag reflex when I have seen someone do it, ugh!!!!

#25 Hobbies as a kid? Are you still doing any?

I was never much of a hobbyist, I can't say I can think of anything...oh OK airbrushing. I still have one and while I haven't used in quite a few years I am planning on doing some stuff with it this summer. I was OK with it but I always have fun with it. I used to draw a lot but I don't remember the last time I did any kind of real drawings, mostly it was copies of album covers and music stuff. I dreamed of working for Hipgnosis who did all the really cool album covers in the 70's.

#26 Most erotic part of a woman besides bewbs, buns, and coochy?

Her neck, then shoulders

#27 The "All American Man" tune - seriously - why?

Really? You don't love that riff? Great riffing, fun song. It also fits part of the schtick for a new project I am working on. Think Evel doing that tune.

#28 KISS without Gene and Paul - possible?

If they can have KISS without Peter and Ace they can have KISS without Gene and Paul.

#29 Which way do you dress?

Over under sideways down. For work - slacks, button down shirt & tie. Casually I am a jean a tee shirt kind of guy, usually a black t-shirt.

#30 You are dying - you have one last request for a cheese burger; Describe it (weight, toppings, etc....)

1/2lb lean sirloin, medium with charred top and bottom, american with grilled onions on a pretzel roll with mustard, ketchup and some habanero sauce.

Think I got them all now! That was a hell of a list of questions, good job man!
    Last edited by Wattage; 05-21-2011, 07:31 AM.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

As a fellow monaural musician I have to ask:

Does it annoy you to not be able to hear in stereo?

Do you have difficulty with auditory location (hearing where a sound originates)?

Related to #2: When someone calls your name do you find yourself turning in a circle to find them?
      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
      https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
        As a fellow monaural musician I have to ask:

Does it annoy you to not be able to hear in stereo?

Almost everyday, especially since headphones are sort of waste for quality listening. Recording is always a pain in the arse.

Do you have difficulty with auditory location (hearing where a sound originates)?

Yup, it is kind of funny for others to watch.

Related to #2: When someone calls your name do you find yourself turning in a circle to find them?

Almost every single time. See above....especially in a crowd. My friends do it to screw with me, background noise makes it so much worse.

I am deaf in my right ear and I generally need to be looking at someone to have a conversation with them so when I am driving my passengers generally scream "look at the road" in horror several times during the trip, hehe. I have excellent peripheral vision
        Last edited by Wattage; 05-22-2011, 09:57 AM.
        My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Bald Bob?? When did Bob play w/kiss? I know hairy bruce did..
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Did you sell that white SG yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
              Bald Bob?? When did Bob play w/kiss? I know hairy bruce did..
              Bob Kulick did a bunch of stuff for KISS in the studio starting with Alive II.
              My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F View Post
                Did you sell that white SG yet?
                Both my white SG's are for sale....I am just not an SG guy as much as I want to be.

The original one is still in a constant state of restoration and I don't have the time or the money to really make it happen properly and the new one I just hae not synced up with for some reason. It is a beautiful guitar, really nice to play but it just isn't me unfortunately.
                My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                  I'm thinking that lineup right there is my dream party just bring in Big Daddy Roth.

So Ron has a 1/2 stack and a Strat just blasting out riffs in the far corner of this big room that is sort of like the local VFW hall. Iggy is reading Bukowski poems over the noise very dramatically thru the house PA. Bukowski is cursing the noise and trying to find some classical music on a little AM/FM transistor radio he got from some hooker with amazing legs that stole his wallet but he keeps falling off the chair we put him on. Rick and Ace are playing Pool and cracking jokes, Jonesy is watching Asheton in awe and playing air guitar while Steve and Joe are in the bathroom chopping up baby aspirin to snort since they are "clean" again. Up front Big Daddy has his airbrush, paint guns and stripping brushes and is going to town on everyone's guitars that are sitting around. He's in full dress too, Red Tux jacket, overalls and his big ole tophat with the Von Dutch eye. Oh yeah he'd make everyone there a monster t-shirt!

Yeah man that would be a party. I'd be running around between everybody having 8-10 conversations in my manic ADD sort of way, whooohoo!

No pics or recordings, if you weren't there you'd never believe it happened.

Acutally I am going to add Andy Prieboy to the list of guests there. He could take the whole thing in while playing piano and drinking red wine off the to the side. Then when it was all over he would write a spectacular musical based on the proceedings.
                  Fantastic, Watty...Fantastic!

Check out Iggy on an odd Star Trek Deep Space Nine. I never knew about this episode until this week...

Comment

Oh how cool I'll watch later, on 4 hrs sleep 2 nites in a row and just got back from NYC seeing Elvis Costello & the Impostors absolutely kill it at the Beacon Theatre.
                    My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Thank you?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankly View Post
                        Thank you?

Thank you.
                        Thank you
                        My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Nice, I love Elvis Costello.

If you had a choice between a CS Esquire and a CS Les Paul JR (single cutaway), which one would you take?

Comment

Originally posted by firebirdV View Post
                            Nice, I love Elvis Costello.

If you had a choice between a CS Esquire and a CS Les Paul JR (single cutaway), which one would you take?
                            Much Elvis love for sure.

Probably take the Esquire just to shake things up a bit though I love single cut Jr's, well all Jr's really.

Seafoam Green preferably on the Tele.
                            My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

So who's up next? Jolly you down?
                              My Bands -