Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well CXVIII: Wattage you say?

Almost forgot-

Gibson Guitars never existed.... what becomes your main axe?
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
      What are your top five picks of animals would be if you reincarnated and why?

A good house dog - just to see if it was a charmed life,
      A lion on the open plains - pure majesty
      A dolphin - I loved Flipper as a kid
      A squirrel - just to drive dogs crazy
      A gorilla - they are incredibly cool

Favorite phallus shaped food?

a Banana

If you could leave to go on vacation right now, where would you go and why?

Probably Hawaii - go hang with butnut for a few days

Jets or Giants?

Jets all the way, I bleed green

Who has a better mustache? Tom Selleck or Sam Elliott?

Sam

Favorite US president ever?

Lincoln

Top five famous women you would take to poundtown if given the chance

Drew Barrymore, Barbara Eden, Susanna Hoffs, Jennifer Connelly, Diane Lane
      Last edited by Wattage; 05-19-2011, 03:01 PM.
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Gotta get to work - this is fun be back later!
        My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

How would you describe yourself if you were an amp: lo-wattage or hi-wattage?

What is your first conscious memory?

Who was your fav bandmate so far and why?

Which inactive old forum member do you miss the most?

off:

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
          Heyya Scott- I cannot believe as long as you have been around this forum, you are now just getting "the well"!!
          After all this itme, I've noticed the whole well-thread just 5 minutes ago so nothing is impossible I guess...

You're truly a nice bunch of folks, indeed! I have lot to read about you guys. Anyway, I could not find Jolly in there, I'm quite surprised.
          Last edited by NecroPolo; 05-19-2011, 09:40 AM.
          Wackor
          Ørdøg
          NecroPolo
          Diabolus in Musica
          SIDrip Alliance
          Book of Shadows
          RKH

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
            What's the first thing you would do if Bones was elected President?

Buy Gold
            My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

You have the chance to be a sub-in guitar player for any band still together and that tours. Who would that be?

Your proudest achievement to date?

Ultimate 30-minute set list to play in a club? (covers only)

Comment

Originally posted by dr. ad View Post
                what's with the love of dirty aussie rock tunes?
                Hmmm....I got into AC/DC pretty young, right when "If You Want Blood...You Got It" came out. That expanded the pre-Internet world in a pretty big way for me. Bon Scott was essentially a God to me as a kid. I was always open to other cool bands from Down Under from that point on pretty much. If a band was Aussie I would definitely take a shot at them. Turns out there were tons of amazing bands there, I don't know why for sure - lots of cool reasons that all kind of blended together to make a pretty rich music scene.

AC/DC, The Angels & Rose Tattoo are massive faves. The Angels and Tatts spawned quite a few spin-offs over time and AC/DC well they've done OK I guess.

The Lime Spiders, Radio Birdman, The New Christs, The Screaming Tribesmen were a whole other scene Down Under and they are or were all killer bands.

There is a rawness and spirit that is unique to Aussie bands that I love. Lots of other great bands from Down Under too that I stumbled upon over time but those above were almost all game changers for me.
                My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                  Just the usual questions:
                  1. You're flying over some distant mountains when your plane goes down. By some fluke of nature all people on the plane survived. Two part question . . . how long do you wait for rescue before resorting to cannibalism, and how do you pick who should be eaten?

The pilot goes first and I am thinking I hold out as long as possible.

2. Apocalypse comes and you're short on food and trapped in your own neighborhood. Who on your street do you kill and eat first, and why?

Guy that lives behind me, he's kind of pissed me off a few too many times.

3. You are a master chef working at a busy restaurant but times are tough . . . you don't have enough money to buy meat one day, but you discover that your best waitress has accidentally been locked in the walk-in freezer and frozen to death. What cuts do you take from the carcass, and how do you season/prepare the flesh in order make it tasty enough for your diners that evening not to notice anything's amiss? (Remember, the more dishes you prepare, the less chance that someone will find incriminating body parts in your freezer.)

Serve her whole? Not my problem, probably need a lot of BBQ sauce.

4. The zombie apocalypse has come. Most people have fled their homes. Production of food in your country has stopped. Zombies roam the streets looking for a fresh meal, and you have escaped your quiet suburban neighbourhood with the rest of your family (let's say this is a typical family . . . 2 kids - one 8 year old/one 12 year old, and 2 parents).

You enter a new town looking for food and are attacked by a chick. You manage to fatally wound the person, but before she dies, she tells you that she was an elementary school teacher and was trying to kill you to provide enough food to keep the surviving members of her class alive (there's no food in town). You also find out that she's been teaching the survivors from a classroom of 11 year olds to kill and cannibalize people passing by in order to survive. They've been doing this for a while now. She tells you where they are living, and to protect them.

Do you risk your own families safety (and the safety of any other passers by) by ignoring the cannibals and hoping that they don't follow you? Do you risk confronting and executing the kids to guarantee your safety? Do you take the cannibal kids with you and try to teach them to be regular human beings again? What action or inaction would you take, and why?

They're screwed, they can find that chick and eat her after we are long gone.
                  Last edited by Wattage; 05-19-2011, 11:23 PM.
                  My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

How do you like your steak?

White or dark meat?

Pinball or video games?

Mary Ann or Ginger?

Five card draw or seven card stud?

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                      Just the usual questions:
                      1. You're flying over some distant mountains when your plane goes down. By some fluke of nature all people on the plane survived. Two part question . . . how long do you wait for rescue before resorting to cannibalism, and how do you pick who should be eaten?

2. Apocalypse comes and you're short on food and trapped in your own neighborhood. Who on your street do you kill and eat first, and why?

3. You are a master chef working at a busy restaurant but times are tough . . . you don't have enough money to buy meat one day, but you discover that your best waitress has accidentally been locked in the walk-in freezer and frozen to death. What cuts do you take from the carcass, and how do you season/prepare the flesh in order make it tasty enough for your diners that evening not to notice anything's amiss? (Remember, the more dishes you prepare, the less chance that someone will find incriminating body parts in your freezer.)

4. The zombie apocalypse has come. Most people have fled their homes. Production of food in your country has stopped. Zombies roam the streets looking for a fresh meal, and you have escaped your quiet suburban neighbourhood with the rest of your family (let's say this is a typical family . . . 2 kids - one 8 year old/one 12 year old, and 2 parents).

You enter a new town looking for food and are attacked by a chick. You manage to fatally wound the person, but before she dies, she tells you that she was an elementary school teacher and was trying to kill you to provide enough food to keep the surviving members of her class alive (there's no food in town). You also find out that she's been teaching the survivors from a classroom of 11 year olds to kill and cannibalize people passing by in order to survive. They've been doing this for a while now. She tells you where they are living, and to protect them.

Do you risk your own families safety (and the safety of any other passers by) by ignoring the cannibals and hoping that they don't follow you? Do you risk confronting and executing the kids to guarantee your safety? Do you take the cannibal kids with you and try to teach them to be regular human beings again? What action or inaction would you take, and why?
                      The fact that all of your questions are about cannibalism is quite disturbing.

Comment

Heyya Scott- I cannot believe as long as you have been around this forum, you are now just getting "the well"!!
                        Yeah I am slow on the uptake, hehe

Best UFO album Obsession. It is a perfect album.

Best UFO lineup Phil Mogg, Michael Schenker, Pete Way, Paul Raymond, & Andy Parker. (2nd fave line up just take off Paul, 3rd switch Michael with Tonka/Paul Chapman and Paul Raymond for Neil Carter)

Top 3 UFO songs Cherry (my fave UFO song), Only You Can Rock Me, I'm A Loser

The 2nd and third could change anytime but Cherry stays!

I love UFO with Michael and Tonka not so much with most of the others. With Vinnie Moore they are actually really good but his guitar sound sucks the life out of it for me.

Been listening to UFO all day since I read this question, been a while since I did that. I was blasting the first Schenker Group album the other day, what an album, still kills me how great his playing is.
                        My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Almost forgot-

Gibson Guitars never existed.... what becomes your main axe?
                          Tough one because I'll assume that no Les Paul's were around to influence all the other builders so I don't want to pick an LP take off.

A Telecaster
                          My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by NecroPolo View Post
                            How would you describe yourself if you were an amp: lo-wattage or hi-wattage?

High Wattage!!!

What is your first conscious memory?

Best as I can tell, my 2nd birthday party

Who was your fav bandmate so far and why?

Wow that's really tough, a few of them are some of my best friends. I have to think about this one a bit more, I'll get back to you.

Which inactive old forum member do you miss the most?

It was Jeff H but he's back, I wish Falstaff would hang around again.

off:

Originally posted by NecroPolo View Post
                            After all this time, I've noticed the whole well-thread just 5 minutes ago so nothing is impossible I guess...

You're truly a nice bunch of folks, indeed! I have lot to read about you guys. Anyway, I could not find Jolly in there, I'm quite surprised.
                            My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

When you gonna get a nice Hamer USA Standard?

:headbang;
                              Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                              Guitar to sound output:
                              Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                                You have the chance to be a sub-in guitar player for any band still together and that tours. Who would that be?

I answered this at least 20x and changed it everytime, my wife said The Cars

Your proudest achievement to date?
                                My family, I owe a lot to my wife, she is an amazing person, but I've done pretty good filling in on her days off

Ultimate 30-minute set list to play in a club? (covers only)
                                This week -
                                Ramblin Rose - MC5
                                Kick Out The Jams - MC5
                                Strychnine - The Sonics
                                All American Man - KISS
                                Dirty Love - Motorhead
                                Gangrene - Utopia
                                God Damn Rock N Roll - The Cramps
                                Hang Onto Yourself - David Bowie
                                Kill City - Iggy Pop
                                The KKK Took My Baby Away - Ramones
                                and since I generally play 'em faster than stock and I always ignore last song from front of house I can probably plow thru a rocked out version
                                What's So Funny Bout Peace Love and Understanding - Nick Lowe
                                My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
                                X