Handmade Guitar Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Handmade Guitar Picks

I created a thread in the Guitar Shop for the feedback. Try to post there so Gravity Picks can get honest feedback without making us sound like a sales pitch in the Trading Post.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=218359

Comment

I've fallen in love with Jazz IIIs too...I'm currently switching between the black tortex (1.17) and the EC Jazz III. So I'm interested in the mini.....I'm thinking a mini razer would be cool. Thoughts?

Oh...and how do they sound compared to nylon or tortex?
      “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Duke View Post
        I've fallen in love with Jazz IIIs too...I'm currently switching between the black tortex (1.17) and the EC Jazz III. So I'm interested in the mini.....I'm thinking a mini razer would be cool. Thoughts?

Oh...and how do they sound compared to nylon or tortex?
        The Classic mini is pretty much their Jazz III. It's as thick as a red and as stiff as a black. Sound-wise it seems to add a little bit of a treble bite, along with the chirpiness from the sharp edges and the pick material.

Comment

I emailed chris at gravity and told him i only got one pick. he is sending my other sample in the mail as of this morning. great customer service!
          I should have been more clear when i asked for my first sample,that was my fault not his.

Comment

Originally posted by grumptruck
            Should have read: "You gave me an inch and I wanted a mile" lol
            funny but i got another pick to try dont i?

Comment

Got mine in the mail today! Look forward to trying them out at band practice tonight. Will post a comparitive review after I've spent some time with them. Thanks Chris!!!
              "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Originally posted by grumptruck
                OMG. I just got this.

Carry on
                Thats not very suprising it took YOU this long!
                now carry on

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hunter View Post
                  Just received my RAZOR XL, now i only played for 15 mins but i am already a Fan! The action is what i was lookin for. it has no resistance and i have not even begun to really get into it yet.
                  I like a pick after about 1 hour of playin time(same as my strings) to break em in.
                  I will be ordering more of these and want to try classic too just for curiousity sake.
                  The RAZOR is what i wanted in a pick,nice point, no resistance against the strings when tremolo picking and doing sweeps.
                  very satisfied,wish he would have sent a free classic too! LOL!
                  Thanks Ed. Im looking forward to hearing how you like the .75mm one.
                  http://www.gravitypicks.com

Premium Handmade Guitar Picks

Comment

Tried out the .75 classic standard Chris sent me tonite. Felt great. Little more flex than the Dunlop I generally use, and with the texture i was expecting it to slip. It didn't slip at all. I'm sorta rusty - just moved 2 months ago, not much time to play. But it worked well for what I do (I'm a hobby guy, pretty average ability).

Need to play it some more but seems like a really nice pick! Could definitely see myself ordering some more.

Comment

Looking forward to comparing them to the Jazz III, V-pick, & Red Bear!
                      Originally posted by jeremy
                      God hates bad guitar tone
                      GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                      AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                      EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                      Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Email sent.

Thanks,
                        Daryl

Comment

i've been playing with the pick for about 3 days. i told gravity to send me a pick that would decrease the pick noise and the pick they sent really did help. they sent me the classic. very good pick.

Comment

Email sent.

Thanks!
                            "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so." ~ Ford Prefect

Comment

Info sent.
                              Welcome to the forum! Your picks look pretty cool!

Comment

Email sent. Thanks for the offer!
                                Good deals with blueman335, devastone, uOpt, checo, and others on other forums -- just ask me.

Comment

Working...
                                X