Handmade Guitar Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Handmade Guitar Picks

Thanks everyone. All the samples from last night, today and tomorrow will be going out on Monday. There are alot of them!

Chris

This is an awesome picture a customer took...

Last edited by GravityPicks; 06-25-2011, 01:01 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a picture
    http://www.gravitypicks.com

Premium Handmade Guitar Picks

Comment

These picks are DURABLE! I love the feel of them. They make notes jump out of the guitar. I may have to order some of these. They do need some grippy on them though, because, I think with a sweaty hand they may start to slip. Using the leading edge of the pick to sweep the strings gives almost a chorusy effect to chords. Sometimes, when using hard picks, they can make my right hand fatigue. It will be interesting to see how these fare. I'm definitely liking them so far!
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
      Originally posted by Securb
      The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

I'll definitely have to check out the wave, seeing as it has a grip portion!
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
        Originally posted by Securb
        The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Got my razor xl .75mm and like it even more than the 1.5 razor i first tried.
          it has a bit of give to it which i really like for dynamics and pinch harmonics scream better than ever.
          Chris sent me this .75mm one after i told him i was not explicit enough in my email the first time.
          Chris thanks, that was really cool of you to make good of my own mistake

Comment

I love .75 Razor XL. It it sticks to my thumb like velcro. Nice job!

Comment

received my free picks - they are awesome.
              Just placed an order for a razor mini 1.5mm and classic mini 1.5mm......

would be interested in the above with the wave....

Jeff
              Kiesel Aries Blood Red (M22SD/M22V)
              ESP LTD KH Quija Red Sparkle
              Friedman Be-OD Deluxe/AMT P-Drive, Boss RV-6 --> AMT Tube Cake --> 1x12" EVH Cab w/ Celestion Lynchback

Comment

Originally posted by Powerglide350 View Post
                yeah aint that cool how it wont move in your fingers unless you want it too!
                The jazz III was a PITA with that!

Comment

Originally posted by Powerglide350 View Post
                  They grip well and I thank you for the compliment.

Keep the samples coming. Im working alot of OT to get them out, but its all good!

Comment

got my 1.5 striker XL today, tried it at practice, loved it, but i shredded all 3 corners during practice, which is what i do most picks anyway. i say thumbs up and good looks for sending free samples!

Comment

Here is the XXL with a hole in it. I made the hole slanted because my thumb sits that way across the pick. Hopefully that is the case for others.

I couldnt help myself, my photographer isnt available until the end of the week for pictures. I took this on my iPhone.

Comment

That looks pretty interesting. Will it be a new model in your lineup? Will it be offered in all thicknesses? Is it available as a free sample?

Comment

I play dunlop nylon .88mm since i like a little give, otherwise I'll break strings with a heavy pick.

I think I got sent the 1.5mm pick though, hehheh, I'm holding it next to a 1.0mm pick and it's definitely thicker. Still sweet and it looks cool. I'd probably have the etching the other way, when I first got it my girlfriend and myself both thought it was backwards since the lighter side stands out more. $.02 right? Thanks again for the free pick, I'll probably place an order for a .75 to test out, since your material will probably have the firmness I like in a .88 nylon (softer material), and if I can get something good other than supporting the idiots at GC I'll go for it.

Last edited by Toner; 06-29-2011, 12:09 AM.
                          Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian
                          Being tighter than the JB is like being tighter than Jenna Jameson... it's just not hard to do.
                          I agree, The Duncan JB has a tone comparable to Jenna Jameson's snizz, blown out like a flat tire.

You don't want this gear list.............

Comment

Originally posted by GravityPicks View Post
                            Here is the XXL with a hole in it. I made the hole slanted because my thumb sits that way across the pick. Hopefully that is the case for others.

I couldnt help myself, my photographer isnt available until the end of the week for pictures. I took this on my iPhone.

HI, do you have one with the hole / & waves, i have a hard time holding onto picks, i either drill or punch holes in my picks, thanks rammer

Comment

Originally posted by Ignoramus View Post
                              Email sent. Thanks for the offer!
                              Got mine today. Can't try it out at the moment, but I like the feel and the "grippiness." Will post my impressions once I grab a geetar and give it a workout.

Thanks again for the offer!
                              Good deals with blueman335, devastone, uOpt, checo, and others on other forums -- just ask me.

Comment

Bump with a mini-review. I really like the shape, size and thickness of the red Classic 1.5 I was given. I'm not too keen on one side being so slippery while the other side (with the engraving) is more textured, but this may just be an acclimation compared to the Tortex feel. Even though my hands get sweaty when I've played a bunch, I was able to hang on to the pick.

What I really liked was the tone. I have other acrylic picks, which range from super-trebly to dark/muted, and this one seemed to have the most balanced sound. Not too trebly, but the attack and clarity of each string was still there.

Thanks again for the offer.
                                Good deals with blueman335, devastone, uOpt, checo, and others on other forums -- just ask me.

Comment

Working...
                                X