Duncan Custom SH-5 Special Van halen pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Custom SH-5 Special Van halen pickup

I wasnt going to post this on the other thread.(what year did the custom come out).I believe seymour knew that Ed used Mighty Mite distortion pickups(seymour wound those pickups mighty mite) and Dimarzio super distortion pickups that this was seymour's version of that type of pickup that he knew that Ed would like so seymour made that pickup and wanted to sell it as the van halen pickup.Ads in guitar player magazine for seymour duncan pickups date back to 79 and the Duncan custom was on the list of pickups that seymour made.

Re: Duncan Custom SH-5 Special Van halen pickup

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!

Last edited by Ed Hunter; 06-22-2011, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I've lost it.... EVH has used a ton of different guitars and ton of different pickups. That said, multiple pickups will get you an EVH tone because he has had multiple tones via pickups, axes and amps.
      Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
      Ibanez RG1570 Custom
      PRS McCarty STD
      '71 Gibson SG Custom
      Bogner Alchemist 2x12
      Vox AD15VT

Comment

So, if the "Mighty Mite" pickups are the real deal EVH originals, then why aren't they mentioned more often and better sought after...or are they and I'm just missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
          So, if the "Mighty Mite" pickups are the real deal EVH originals, then why aren't they mentioned more often and better sought after...or are they and I'm just missing something?
          one reason is the side stepping VH did in interviews

Comment

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=216964 <- what happend with this thread ?

why 2 of the same :S

Comment

I haf read an article years ago making an arguement that EVH's aggressive tone came from PAF styled pickups. I'll try to find it.
              Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
              Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
              Originally posted by Sosomething
              "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Ed did use different pickups though out his career but im talking about his early sound such as the van halen 1 sound first album.

Comment

Wanna know what pickups I used? F Yo Mama. That's the pickup.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by pittbull View Post
                    Ed did use different pickups though out his career but im talking about his early sound such as the van halen 1 sound first album.
                    Nobody knows. Ed doesn't remember and if he does, we'll never know because no interviewer with access to him will ever ask something like that. Why continue this? It's like trying to "prove God".

Comment

Originally posted by IanBallard View Post
                      Nobody knows. Ed doesn't remember and if he does, we'll never know because no interviewer with access to him will ever ask something like that. Why continue this? It's like trying to "prove God".
                      all pittbull is saying in this thread is that the sh5 is the original eddie pup for sale to the public, but it got cut short due to possible legal issues and threats from eddie not that eddie actually used it.

Comment

It was seymour's version of what Eddie would like in a pickup because Ed did use mighty mite distortion pickup also dimarzio super distortion pickups,it makes alot of sents.The pickup was never released, but from seymour's describtion of the duncan custom sh-5 would make sents to Eds van halen 1 sound,if you understand what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by pittbull View Post
                          It was seymour's version of what Eddie would like in a pickup because Ed did use mighty mite distortion pickup also dimarzio super distortion pickups,it makes alot of sents.The pickup was never released, but from seymour's describtion of the duncan custom sh-5 would make sents to Eds van halen 1 sound,if you understand what I mean.
                          My last post, PITTBULL you are wasting your time. good luck you gonna need it
                          Last edited by Ed Hunter; 06-22-2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

-Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

And Seymour told you all of this, or this is something you pulled out of your ass? My guess would be the latter.

Comment

Working...
                              X