X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Group Day - Accounts, Impressions and Photos

Post 'em here.

Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Re: User Group Day - Your Accounts, Impressions and Photos

was very cool to be able to see/hear some on the live web feed
    thanks for answering my twitter questions too!

have fun at the jam, bros

t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Yeah, was good to be a small part of the day. Thank MJ for my apron for me Evan!!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

It was an awesome day at Seymour Duncan. Evan was a great host as was everyone at the factory. I got to chat a little with Gearjoneser, Aceman, and Virtual Kevorkian was there as well but I did not get a chance to say hi to him. I got to (partially) wind my S-Deco (I got MJ to autograph it) and purchased an older pink/yellow Screaming Demon for $40!

Also the little gift bags were just outstanding; we got two t-shirts, picks, strings, stickers, flyers, even coasters!

I will post pics in a bit. All in all a day I'll never forget.
        Play it like you mean it!

Originally posted by Ayrton
        Can we please stop with the whole "bigger strings are manly, sound "better", help you get chicks", etc.
        Originally posted by Funkfingers
        Anything over twenty five or thirty years old is now deemed "vintage" - even if was a steaming pile of manure to begin with.
        You played a chord (minimum note count = three) all on one string. Da boy's a genius.

sigpic

Comment

All I got was an airline change fee. Work popped up in the way of my normal life. Wish I was there.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Ok here are some of the better pics I took:

The main entrance sign per say.

Our good friend Evan giving us instructions and orientation.

Seymour himself.

Mrs. Duncan if I am not mistaken.

This is one of the guitars that were available for try out at the UGD. It is a Seymour Duncan Strat with Stack Plus pups.

The Zephyrs.... @_@

Seymour greeting us and telling us some of his awesome stories.

Big Yngwie fan here....... ^_^

This is a display of different pickups throughout the years. This display was one of my favorite parts of my visit at the factory.

A close up of the pickup display showcasing humbuckers.

Old ad for Seymour Duncan.

I love this ad as well: showcasing humbucker greats Seth Lover and Seymour Duncan.

Seymour signing baseplates with MJ and Warren DeMartini.

This is a picture of a pink/yellow Screaming Demon and the S-Deco I helped wind at the factory. I can't believe I got this Demon for $40! It's kinda old; the address on the box reads 601 Pine Ave. Evan, when did you guys move from that old location?

I bought all of this home! The big box to the left, a Stealth Plug guitar computer interface, was won by raffle. I mentioned my purchase of the Screaming Demon as well as a FREE Custom Shop S-Deco. Everything else was a gift bag with goodies from different manufacturers: Seymour Duncan, Dunlop, Cleartone, D'Addario, Planet Waves, AmpliTube, and Star Picks.

Wow, what a day! August 2011 will go down as one of my best guitar months ever. I also purchased a used Carvin DC135 earlier this month. Read about it here:

The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...

Last edited by arellanon; 08-27-2011, 02:56 AM. Reason: Could not rememeber a name.....

Can we please stop with the whole "bigger strings are manly, sound "better", help you get chicks", etc.
            Anything over twenty five or thirty years old is now deemed "vintage" - even if was a steaming pile of manure to begin with.
            You played a chord (minimum note count = three) all on one string. Da boy's a genius.

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic!!!!!! I can't wait to see all the other pics, too. Man, I wish I were still down in SoCal...easy drive!

Comment

Originally posted by arellanon View Post
                I can't believe I got this Demon for $40! It's kinda old; the address on the box reads 601 Pine Ave. Evan, when did you guys move from that old location?
                August 1993. 18 years ago, the same month I started working at SD.

Thanks for joining us, arellanon!
                Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                  August 1993. 18 years ago, the same month I started working at SD.

Thanks for joining us, arellanon!
                  Wow, so the Screaming Demon I bought is somewhat old.

I had a blast Evan! Can't wait for the next UGD!

sigpic

Comment

Awesome pics! Hey DeMartini! Maaaan looks like a super awesome time.

Comment

I just got home, and man am I exhausted.

My wife and I had a great time, with all the activities, jam, meeting forum members, talking with Seymour....and Anabel really got along with MJ and Cathy so well. Ana has so much admiration and respect for MJ after today. Me too. Maricela has so much love in her heart and incredible passion for her life's work......truly a lovely person.

I feel like the luckiest guy today. First of all, making UGD pickups is a major highlight for all attendees, and SD was gracious enough to allow all of us a free pickup of our choice. That basically meant I was getting two pickups. The two we built were gold covered production floor Brobuckers. One for my SG Diablo and one for my LP Custom Black Beauty. For that alone, I was stoked. But then the bags full of goodies, including Planet Waves string winders w/cutters, strings, SD shirts, and SD screwdrivers (I love those)

Then, during the course of the day, I picked up two door prizes of a Planet Waves clip-on tuner and PW Guitar Rest. Awesome!

But here's the absolute icing on the cake!!! As I was outside talking with Evan about his Crazy Heart movie Gretsch, which he acquired from his dear friend Stephen Bruton, I heard what I thought was my name on the intercom. I walked in and asked the receptionist who she just announced, and she said my name......OH MAN, OH MAN, I won the grand prize by sheer luck....and I never win anything. They presented me with a Fender Vibro Champ amp, new in box from Fender!!! And I really wanted a Vibro or Super Champ and was thinking about buying one. I've needed a small practice amp ever since my last one died a year ago. Talk about pure dumb luck!
                      I'm sitting here now looking at it next to my computer desk in complete disbelief. All day, I kept thinking "I can't believe I won an amp!"

Now, it's time to get some sleep, since I didn't get a hotel room. We drove 80 miles home, and will go back tomorrow for the picnic, as well as more time hanging in downtown Santa Barbara.
                      Last edited by Gearjoneser; 08-28-2011, 01:06 AM.
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I had a great time at the User Group Event today at the factory... met so many cool peeps.....had a blast winding my own pickup...(Installing it today..) The banquet was awesome too....

Comment

Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                          Guitar to sound output:
                          Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Awesome!

How many forum bros attended?
                            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                            https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Damn, congrats Joe!

Comment

Working...
                              X