Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: User Group Day - Your Accounts, Impressions and Photos

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Oh yeah - I forgot to mention!!!!! This is when Seymour was saying "Aceman, from now on, you can have any gloss you want."

I love this picture. I can't even begin to describe the level of coolness in Seymour. He is like Budda, Billy Gibbons, Jesus, and Santa Claus all rolled into one. If you wanted peace in the middle east, just send seymour and let him start talking. everyone would stop fighting and just listen. The level at which the guy can make people feel comfortable is un-earthly.

I'd like to say we were having a really deep discussion about some artist or little tonal tidbit, but we were talking about sponges from Tarpon Springs....

Gloss!!!! All I see is a little glare...I keed, I keed.

I'm just a little jealous that you got to go and I had to stay home.
    Originally posted by tone4days
    we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

Here is the masterpiece prototype Frankenstein pickup that MJ built:

Photo was taken on 6/22/09 during my factory tour. That pickup has aged a couple of years since then.
      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
      https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
        Here is the masterpiece prototype Frankenstein pickup that MJ built:

Photo was taken on 6/22/09 during my factory tour. That pickup has aged a couple of years since then.
        YEP - that's it! I know cuz I saw it too!!!!!
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Aceman shreds the Crazy Heart guitar

Man, that's a great picture - it does look like you shred... "look kids - my left hand moves so fast on the fretboard the camera can't catch it".

Comment

I've gotta say something about Seymour's office, with two 60's Pro Reverbs.

The blackface Pro Reverb is one of Fender's greatest amps, bridging the gap between the Deluxe Reverb and Twin Reverb. Basically, a Super Reverb with 2 12's instead of 4 10's.

I've never heard a Schecter sound better, with Antiquities. Plugged into a Pro Reverb with Seymour at the wheel. Supreme tone. Before, I'd only heard him with the JB/Jazz in ash tele-Gib, and I'm sorry, but Seymour's tone is Antiquities! He sounds GREAT through those pickups, not to mention that he plays great. He's SO on top of his game right now. I was listening carefully to him, and Seymour is sounding so good as an overall guitarist it's ridiculous. He's surrounded himself with the best his entire life, yet he doesn't sound like them. Seymour has a rare gift of being recognizeable as a player......you could pick him out of ten players soloing without fail.
            Last edited by Gearjoneser; 08-30-2011, 02:11 AM.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Yesterday I was back at my job as an IT Coordinator for a school, and I couldn't seem to get focused on any of my work. Probably because my mind was still processing the utter awesomeness of SD User Group Day! Working through my usual set of helpdesk tickets was pretty challenging with my mind out in guitar land. I sure hope the fine folks at Seymour Duncan hold this event in the future because I would love to go again.

I've got my act together with a photobucket account and a lot of photos. Later today I'll post some of the thumbnails as well as a link to the entire album.

-Peter

Comment

I noticed that there were quite a few Santa Barbarians at UGD. I'm from SB.
                Who else was there from SB?

Comment

Originally posted by Eissmann View Post
                  I noticed that there were quite a few Santa Barbarians at UGD. I'm from SB.
                  Who else was there from SB?
                  Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Thumbs View Post
                    Who is that fine looking lady with the cute black hat and the killer smile at the factory? Front office for sure! Thank you Seymour!
                    Her name is Kellie, she's an employee here at SD and your comment made her day. =]

Comment

• Re: User Group Day - Your Accounts, Impressions and Photos

Originally posted by Jess Carrillo View Post
                      Me!
                      Formerly known on the forum as Webmistress Kellie

Comment

Formerly known on the forum as Webmistress Kellie
                        I'm not Kellie... I think you got the wrong quote. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jess Carrillo View Post
                          Her name is Kellie, she's an employee here at SD and your comment made her day. =]
                          Thanks for the info Jess. Knowing it made her smile made my day! Hi Kellie! Thumbs aka Wayne - Tone-Guard.

Comment

The Doctor sharing his Gibson Nighthawk was pretty cool too! He was the first one we met on arrival and he was super nice..dont know what his name is on the forum but thanks for sharing!

Comment

That guitar was cool!

Comment

Yeah that Nighthawk was sweeeet

Comment

Working...
                                X